Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2006   #201
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Defense is playing well and the offense, although not playing well, has not turned it over. That is a win in itself.
KT , If Carr does'nt throw a pass , what kinda QB rating will he have ?
Old 08-27-2006   #202
HOU fan02
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to HOU fan02
Thumbs down

Granted, I am only reading online, but why would we run on 3rd and 18? I can understand 2nd and 18, but not 3rd and that long.
Old 08-27-2006   #203
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

God man...Carr needs to pick it up...Is it the Oline fault so far or Carrs more? Im watchin pbp
Old 08-27-2006   #204
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
lol, we didnt trust our passing game
3 and 18, let's run it!!
Old 08-27-2006   #205
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Look on the brightside, at least we're not the Titans D'!
Old 08-27-2006   #206
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, our defense is back on the field....this offense better get it into gear or we're going to see a Gary Walker/Carr lashing again.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #207
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
Everyone here does realize we are playing a team that went to the AFC championship game right? We are tied with a team that was one win away from the Super Bowl, and we had the first pick in the draft. Look at how the Saints and Titans have gotten trampled on by other teams first teamers.

Yep. That's why we shold battle them until the end of the game.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2006   #208
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
A run on a 3rd and 18? Carr's call or the coaches?
I think they just wanted some room to punt though it didn't do much good.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #209
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

they are either blowing up the play or carr has noone open, i'm disapointed
Old 08-27-2006   #210
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life
Why the hell does Carr keep handing the ball off?

I think we are playing to win this game, and Carr would have throw a pick backed up that far into his own endzone. That or given them a safety. I'm not going to say this in the kindest way I know how. Does anyone see Carr having a good preseason thus far?
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #211
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU fan02
Granted, I am only reading online, but why would we run on 3rd and 18? I can understand 2nd and 18, but not 3rd and that long.
Probably because they dont trust the pass so hoping that the D expects a pass so maybe that opens the run?
Old 08-27-2006   #212
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
3 and 18, let's run it!!
we ran it on second and third down. I wouldn't have passed it either though. I wouldn't trust it myself.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #213
HOU fan02
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to HOU fan02
Angry

Great field position for Denver.
Old 08-27-2006   #214
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
You hold on to the ball that long someone's bound to hold eventually.

O

The

Humanity

I'll save my whip for home games, but I will unleash the power of the banana.
Old 08-27-2006   #215
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Field position for the kick. Which was a shanker. Uhg...

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #216
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's called they didn't want Carr holding the ball for a week and getting sacked in the endzone.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #217
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
ok nice little pass to lundy, but freaking use the WR's from time to time. and holding on spece....
Carr is doing check downs and the recievers are not open his last option is the back so he is taking it.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #218
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Capers snuck into the booth.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #219
jniner
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
3 and 18, let's run it!!
they were in their own endzone. The chances of him getting sacked are high, they just went for field position.
jniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #220
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

and the thing is if carr takes a chance and throws in coverage he would get blamed for that too

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read