Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2006   #1
BlueThunder
Veteran

Default NEW Rankings

I have no new info at this time but with the way the preseason is going and major strides this team is taking,I would expect this team to jump up into the top 15.The NFL is starting to take notice and the true sleeper this year is none other then the Houston Texans.All this negative is only setting our expectations lower then this team is able to accomplish.We are as good if not better then most teams in our conference.Everyone has gotten weaker while we have gained strenth.I will not be satisified with nothing less then a playoff birth.I look at the Denver game as a must win even though it is preseason.Lets go out and make some plays because Denver is a top 4 team in the AFC and to pull this out will be a major confidence builder.To go into this game thinking it doesn't mater is what the season will become if we think that way.

I'm sure the Broncos want to go after Kubs and put themselves in a position to get a lot done.Our jobs to make sure they don't get to do what they want!I think there plan is to take use to school but were going to find out who's the student and who the teacher.We have no starter so this game is all about locking a starting job down.One more time, i'm challenging the coaching staff,,?I'm challenging Kubiak because we need a teacher not a student in Houston.Its time for him to take us across the Jordan!

Last edited by BlueThunder; 08-26-2006 at 03:15 PM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #2
BlueThunder
Veteran

WERE COMING BABY!Grab your musket and defendv yourselves!
Old 08-26-2006   #3
BlueThunder
Veteran

Check your hand Cowboy were playing a full deck
Old 08-26-2006   #4
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

It is probably not a good idea to set expectations that high for a team that finished 2-14 last year with a new staff, a new system, and high player turn over. Also, I don't think "must win" games exist in August.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #5
BlueThunder
Veteran

Remember the Alamo!!!!!!!!!

Live or die were all going to be hero's
Old 08-26-2006   #6
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

mmmmmm, koolaide! yummy...it's battle red cherry!

Nothing wrong with optimism, though. I'm looking forward to this season with increased expectations. Of course, 2-14 does temper you to be happy with 6-7 wins this season (8 would be sweet).
Old 08-26-2006   #8
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
mmmmmm, koolaide! yummy...it's battle red cherry!

Nothing wrong with optimism, though. I'm looking forward to this season with increased expectations. Of course, 2-14 does temper you to be happy with 6-7 wins this season (8 would be sweet).
I am with you.

I would walk away with a smile with an 8-8 record. anything move than that would just be the cherry on top.

I wouldn't call us a Top 15 team until as a franchise we win two regular season games in a row.

should be a great year to watch.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
I wouldn't call us a Top 15 team until as a franchise we win two regular season games in a row.
The Texans accomplished that feat 3 times in the '04 season. I realize that seems about 10 years ago.
Old 08-26-2006   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 21772 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder
I have no new info at this time but with the way the preseason is going and major strides this team is taking,I would expect this team to jump up into the top 15.The NFL is starting to take notice and the true sleeper this year is none other then the Houston Texans.All this negative is only setting our expectations lower then this team is able to accomplish.We are as good if not better then most teams in our conference.Everyone has gotten weaker while we have gained strenth.I will not be satisified with nothing less then a playoff birth.I look at the Denver game as a must win even though it is preseason.Lets go out and make some plays because Denver is a top 4 team in the AFC and to pull this out will be a major confidence builder.To go into this game thinking it doesn't mater is what the season will become if we think that way.

I'm sure the Broncos want to go after Kubs and put themselves in a position to get a lot done.Our jobs to make sure they don't get to do what they want!I think there plan is to take use to school but were going to find out who's the student and who the teacher.We have no starter so this game is all about locking a starting job down.One more time, i'm challenging the coaching staff,,?I'm challenging Kubiak because we need a teacher not a student in Houston.Its time for him to take us across the Jordan!
of course i want them to make the playoffs too but i am not expecting them to...by next year i will though
Old 08-26-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
The Texans accomplished that feat 3 times in the '04 season. I realize that seems about 10 years ago.
The 7-9 season makes me think we could be better than we realize. We've cut a lot of fat from the team and added some nice talent since then - not to mention a complete overhaul (and upgrade!) of the coaching staff - so I'm actually starting to believe that good things could happen this season. And by 'good', I mean .500 of course.
Old 08-26-2006   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

You're setting your expectation WAY high BlueThunder. While I certainly think we have the talent to compete until the end of the season for a playoff spot, expecting nothing less than playoffs after a 2-14 season seems kind of crazy.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The '04 Chargers went from first overall pick to the first round of the playoffs.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
The '04 Chargers went from first overall pick to the first round of the playoffs.
And 5 teams in '05 went to the playoffs after losing seasons in '04. A playoff berth for the Texans is unlikely. But it's not crazy.
Old 08-27-2006   #15
WWX
Rookie

Don’t look at last season to evaluate this year. With a brand new coaching staff and numerous personnel changes taking place, IMO, we must reanalyze everything. I can’t watch practice so my opinion is drawn from two preseason games, the info from this MB, and of course whatever else can be found on the www. We’ll hopefully see more unmistakable signs that our team is ‘well together.’ - especially in the Den game coming up.

Remember Kub’s a born Texan, he turned down other HC jobs, and now he’s back in his hometown. He’s young, coached Steve Young, one ring, and of course Denver, two more rings. On his first year as a HC the playoffs might seem impossible, but if it happens I won’t be surprised. Ecstatic yes but not surprised. I can already see him on the sideline and hear the annoying commentators complimenting his deeds year after year. Let the era begin now, its time.
WWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #16
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the good thing is this is the job he wanted. He did not want to be the head coach somewhere else other wise gm's arond the league, such as the Lions, 49ER'S, Bills would have tryed to get him. Well unless the are. I don't know how he did not get a head coaching job sincr he last interviewed with the but het their lost our gain.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #17
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i figured you would show up.

i like the optimism, but remember guys, even last yr at this time we were saying that this team could win 8 games coming off of our 3rd consectutive improvement season to go 7-9. that didnt quite work out last yr. anything can happen, but im still keeping my 9-7 prediction.
Old 08-27-2006   #18
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

people are thinking that any team coming off of a major overhaul in coaching cant possibly be 100% comfortable at the start of the season. they think that there will still be alot of miscomunication and unfamiliarity at the start because of the change of schemes. people are making that argument against the texans...but if u think about it, i think the team is making the transition alot faster than most teams. the reason why i think that is because we dont have anyone on this team that is a distraction with the national media...like TO in Dallas. our team is loaded with classy guys that u wont hear on ESPN stirring up trouble. the lack of distracting players allows ur team to stay focused. i also commend kubiak for running a superb camp in his first time out as a head coach. all the reports i hear say that camps have been very fast-paced and very organized. i think as far as having the system down and being familiar with the new schemes, i think the texans are ahead of the game...more so than people think.
Old 08-27-2006   #19
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
Teams like the Eagles are moving rapidly down the depth charts. Lots of turnover this year in the ranks of the winners and losers. Some early losers include KC, San Diego and for your division, sorry, the Eagles. 28th in rushing last year? Just what the doctored ordered to give the Texans D line some added confidence.

If only the fans played the game, the Eagles would win the Super Bowl every year. LOL.

The Texans are loaded with talent this year. Never underestimate the difference coaching up can make.
Old 08-27-2006   #20
veazeyt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
The 7-9 season makes me think we could be better than we realize. We've cut a lot of fat from the team and added some nice talent since then - not to mention a complete overhaul (and upgrade!) of the coaching staff - so I'm actually starting to believe that good things could happen this season. And by 'good', I mean .500 of course.

Dont forget, that alot of defensive players have moved back to their original positions. This sould contribute to a more solid defense.
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read