Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2006   #1
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Default Domanick Davis thoughts from NFL Network

Last night on NFL network, they spun around the league and touched base on the Domanick Davis aspect, saying he might be placed on the unable to preform list which would not allow him to come back till week six, is this true, someone let me know please, did not sound good at all
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I just heard NFL network say Dvis told them he"ll be ready for the opener.
Old 08-26-2006   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Last night on NFL network, they spun around the league and touched base on the Domanick Davis aspect, saying he might be placed on the unable to preform list which would not allow him to come back till week six, is this true, someone let me know please, did not sound good at all
Look up "CloaknnnDagger, he's posted some very informative thoughts on this subject. And yes, that's what I believe is going to happen. DD goes on the PUP list at the final cut down. IIRC, means he won't be available to come back untill mid-October. I dunno, & I'm not in the loop, just my best guess.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Comment made by head coach Gary Kubiak after practice on Friday Aug. 26.

(on whether RB Domanick Davis will possibly be on the 53-man roster) “There’s no doubt. He ran yesterday. It is week-to-week with him. We’ll sit down with the doctors with him and really get a thorough evaluation of where he is at and where we think he’s going, and then that will be a decision we’ll have to make.”
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Based upon what we've heard so far, I'd be very surprised if DD is playing in the opener against Philly.

My money would be on Morency or Lundy getting the starting job right now, but we've still got two more pre-season games to evaluate them, so we'll soon see.
Old 08-26-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Comment made by head coach Gary Kubiak after practice on Friday Aug. 26.

(on whether RB Domanick Davis will possibly be on the 53-man roster) “There’s no doubt. He ran yesterday. It is week-to-week with him. We’ll sit down with the doctors with him and really get a thorough evaluation of where he is at and where we think he’s going, and then that will be a decision we’ll have to make.”

Doesn't this statement seem contradictory?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Based upon what we've heard so far, I'd be very surprised if DD is playing in the opener against Philly.

My money would be on Morency or Lundy getting the starting job right now, but we've still got two more pre-season games to evaluate them, so we'll soon see.
What have we heard?? That DD doesn't trust it?? That DD expects it to feel like it used to, & doctors saying that it is unrealistic??

That Doctors say that his knee is fine??
Old 08-26-2006   #8
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

DD should heal and then come back the 8th week.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

How much more sitting down with doctors will there be? I thought the doctors already said he is going to have to learn to play throughthe pain?
Old 08-26-2006   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Doesn't this statement seem contradictory?
Yes, it sure does.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
What have we heard?? That DD doesn't trust it?? That DD expects it to feel like it used to, & doctors saying that it is unrealistic??

That Doctors say that his knee is fine??
Well, Kubiak can't commit to a timetable for his return, or even if DD will available on opening day. He's hasn't been in football shape since last year, before he was injured. So I doubt they'll let him play in a matter of weeks.

Plus, DD hasn't been healthy for a full season in his career. My hunch is that this injury is worse than publicized, and his recovery is taking longer than anyone expected.
Old 08-26-2006   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
Look up "CloaknnnDagger, he's posted some very informative thoughts on this subject. And yes, that's what I believe is going to happen. DD goes on the PUP list at the final cut down. IIRC, means he won't be available to come back untill mid-October. I dunno, & I'm not in the loop, just my best guess.

we dont really need to rush davis back if we have good depth with lundy and morency
Old 08-26-2006   #13
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Let him get healthy, you know what they say even Stacey Mack could rush for a 1000 yards with this O J/K. All kidding aside we have two guys who can get the job done so let him heal and get him half way through the season to make a late season run even it is to get back to 500.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #14
Sportsfan
All Pro

Either way i'm not too worried because of what i've seen so far from Lundy and Morency.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #15
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Nobody knows his body better than him, i think he will be fine and have another 1,000 yrd season !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read