Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who was the most explosive offensive Talent of the last 10 years??
Terrell Owens (3rd Round) 11 26.83%
Marvin Harrison (1st round) 4 9.76%
Joe Horn (5th Round) 0 0%
Randy Moss (1st round) 17 41.46%
Torry Holt (1st round) 0 0%
Shaun Alexander (1st Round) 2 4.88%
Chad Johnson (2nd round) 2 4.88%
Steve Smith (3rd round) 3 7.32%
Keyshawn Johnson (1st overall pick) 0 0%
Tiki Barber (2nd round) 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Most Explosive Offensive Talent in the last 10 years

I've been hearing.. that a certain little guy who just entered the NFL, is the most explosive offensive talent to enter the NFL draft in the last ten years.

Sounds like hype to me..... I mean don't they say this every year?? I didn't think much of it..... but today, I got this wild hair... to find out who I thought was the most explosive offensive talent to enter the league in the last ten years....... So, I started going through the drafts....... to see who all would fit into that category.....

Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Cadillac Williams

Eli Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Steven Jackson, Tatum Bell, Julius Jones

Carson Palmer, Andre Johnson, Byron Leftwich, Larry Johnson

David Carr, Donte Stallworth, Jeremy Shockey, Ashley Lelie, Javon Walker, Deshon Foster (2), Clinton Portis (2), Antwaan Randall El (2), Deion Branch (2), Brian Westbrook (3)

Michael Vick, Ladanian Tomlinson, Koren Robinson, Santana Moss, Duece McAllister, Reggie Wayne, Todd Heap, Drew Brees (2), Chad Johnson (2), Chris Chambers (2), Steve Smith (3)

Jamal Lewis, Plaxico Burress, Bubba Franks, Chad Pennington, Shaun Alexander, Jerry Porter (2), Laveranues Coles (3), Tom Brady (6)

Donavan McNabb, Edgerin James, Ricky Williams, Torry Holt, Daunte Culpepper, Aaron Brooks(4)

Peyton Manning, Fred Taylor, Randy Moss, Flozelle Adams (2), Joe Jurevicious (2), Charlie Batch (2), Ahman Green (3), Brian Griese (3), Hines Ward (3)

Ike Hilliard, Warrick Dunn, Tony Gonzales, Tiki Barber (2), Corey Dillon (2), Keith Poole (4)

Keyshawn Johnson, Jonathan Ogden, Tim Biakabutuka, Eddie George, Eddie Kennison, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, Ray Lewis(D), Armani Toomer (2), Mike Alstott (2), Tony Banks (2), Muhsin Muhammed (2), Bobby Engram (2), Ernie Conwell (2), Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar (3), Terrell Owens (3), Stephen Davis (4), Joe Horn (5)

so, I'm going to select a few of these players, my top picks of the last decade, and create a poll...... Who do you think is the most explosive player to enter the NFL since 1996 through 2005. I'm not talking about guys from this most recent draft, I want to know who has proven to be exciting, explosive, a ProBowler, and possible (more than likely) HOF first ballot guy.
Old 08-26-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

hey, I realized I couldn't fit all of my top ten, into the top ten......

I had to leave off
Tony Gonzales
Clinton Portis (2)
Ladanian Tomlinson
Jeremy Shockey
Larry Johnson
Ahman Green (3)

why don't you also post your top ten list??

I also did not include any QBs...... my list would be nothing but QBs, and I don't think you can compare any other individual position to QB, especially not if you've got McNabb, Palmer, & Manning on your list.
Old 08-26-2006   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

How could you leave off LT? And to make it worse, you have Joe Horn on there?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

That's my Top ten.... I love Joe Horn........ But you're right, LT would probably get more votes than Joe Horn.......

woops....
Old 08-26-2006   #5
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Without a doubt its LT. He gets overlooked sometimes because he isnt outspoken, but the guy is the best back in football. My favorite wideout is Harrison because he does his job without looking for all the attention. Just so everyone knows I love Chad Johnson too. Yes, he plays to the camera, but it always seems done for fun rathern then to show the other guy up.

"How you going to stop 85?"
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I went TO. He dominates the game mentally and physically.
Old 08-26-2006   #7
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I went TO. He dominates the game mentally and physically.
As did I.
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

If anyone would care to post their top 10, please feel free to do so....
Old 08-26-2006   #9
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say it's a toss-up between T.O., Moss, and LT. Watch out for LJ, though.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #10
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Although he hasn't looked like his old self the past 2 seasons, I'd say Jamal Lewis was the most explosive runner of the last decade. We're talking about a 240-250 pound running back that can outrun most defensive backs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vgjEE5euNU0
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

In no particular order:

LaDainian Tomlinson
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Shaun Alexander
Larry Johnson
Antonio Gates
Clinton Portis
Tiki Barber
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton Manning should be on that list
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

TO
Julius Peppers
Ray Lewis
Dwight Freeney
LT
Priest Holmes
Ed Reed
Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Brian Urlacher
Old 08-26-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Peyton Manning should be on that list
Without a doubt........... but I mentioned I'm excluding QBs for the obvious reason...........

but I almost put Vick on the list.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
TO
Julius Peppers
Ray Lewis
Dwight Freeney
LT
Priest Holmes
Ed Reed
Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Brian Urlacher
The title did specify offensive talent.......

or am I missing something??
Old 08-26-2006   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
The title did specify offensive talent.......

or am I missing something??
The titles of threads usually bring me in, but it is the posts that I respond to:

Quote:

Keyshawn Johnson, Jonathan Ogden, Tim Biakabutuka, Eddie George, Eddie Kennison, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, Ray Lewis(D), Armani Toomer (2), Mike Alstott (2), Tony Banks (2), Muhsin Muhammed (2), Bobby Engram (2), Ernie Conwell (2), Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar (3), Terrell Owens (3), Stephen Davis (4), Joe Horn (5)

so, I'm going to select a few of these players, my top picks of the last decade, and create a poll...... Who do you think is the most explosive player to enter the NFL since 1996 through 2005. I'm not talking about guys from this most recent draft, I want to know who has proven to be exciting, explosive, a ProBowler, and possible (more than likely) HOF first ballot guy.
Old 08-26-2006   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Priest Holmes was pretty good too, didn't do much for the Ravens, but with the Chiefs, he exploded (along with LJ)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

oh I am a fan of Roy Williams (WR) , I don't follow what he does with the Lions, but I really enjoy watching him catch the football
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #18
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Horn and Keyshawn Johnson need to be replaced with Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

I would add Brett into my list of top gamebreakers in the past 10 yrs.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
Joe Horn and Keyshawn Johnson need to be replaced with Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

I would add Brett into my list of top gamebreakers in the past 10 yrs.
That list, is my top ten... I excluded QBs......
It's only there for you to vote who you think is the most explosive..... you only get one choice... & you can't chose a QB.

Please post your top ten..
Old 08-26-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
That list, is my top ten... I excluded QBs......
It's only there for you to vote who you think is the most explosive..... you only get one choice... & you can't chose a QB.

Please post your top ten..
Can you at least leave your football so we can continue the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read