Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2006   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It looks like Joppru made the team

At least that's what I think from from reading this.

Quote:
And tight end Bennie Joppru, recovering from the rigors of his first full NFL training camp, will continue to see spot duty at fullback in keeping with Gary Kubiak's policy of using players in multiple roles.

Joppru's body "really struggled through two-a-days," the coach said, "but he's looking fresher now. ... He'll be a valuable part of this team because he can play a lot of spots. He gives you flexibility on game day."
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak talked about him more here at the site yesterday...Joppru is a lock to make the final roster imo.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #3
Divebomb
Veteran

I hope so, that guy has stuck with it and has really just had a run of bad luck. I really think he can pressure a D in the passing game and any guy who has put as much effort into getting back lets you know he has alot of heart and character.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #4
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I hope Joppru works out in whatever position he plays this year.
Guy has had a heck of a time trying to have a NFL career. He could be very valuable coming out of the backfield, and as a TE.
Old 08-26-2006   #5
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
At least that's what I think from from reading this.Quote:
And tight end Bennie Joppru, recovering from the rigors of his first full NFL training camp, will continue to see spot duty at fullback in keeping with Gary Kubiak's policy of using players in multiple roles.

Joppru's body "really struggled through two-a-days," the coach said, "but he's looking fresher now. ... He'll be a valuable part of this team because he can play a lot of spots. He gives you flexibility on game day."

Damn straight. Dude is looking solid catching the ball.
Old 08-26-2006   #6
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

When its all over we are going to have like 6 TEs =)

I still like Jeb Putzier and Owen Daniels the most, but how could you not like Joppru. He has been through a lot, and I hope to see him play out a full season.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I like Joppru & Daniels....... Daniels probably a little bit more. He's smallish, but blocks well, and I don't mean cutblocks..... but I like their abilitly to line up wide, and demand coverage by a corner....

Putz & Bruener should also be locks, so we'll be carrying 4 tightends....

so what happens to Hape, and Halterman?? two more guys that I like, and actually think they can dod the fullback/TE thing better than Jop, but I don't see them lining up as WR.....

hmm.

we're going to have to cut somebody I like.... man it sucks having depth.
Old 08-26-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Good. At least I got one right. I was arguing in his defense every year when some called him a bust. After he makes the team, he needs to immediately take the next step and be a good contributor. He's got some catching up to do.

Coincidentally, I saw Bennie at Starbucks this morning.
Old 08-26-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to hear. He is an example of the never say die attitude, persevering through years of injury but never losing his dream of playing. And props to the organization for sticking with him. I hope he has the first of many great seasons.
Old 08-26-2006   #10
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

So if we keep the above TE's what will happen to Mark Bruener.....cut?
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
So if we keep the above TE's what will happen to Mark Bruener.....cut?
IMO Bruener, Putzier, Joppru, Daniels make the team.
Old 08-26-2006   #12
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
When its all over we are going to have like 6 TEs =)

I still like Jeb Putzier and Owen Daniels the most, but how could you not like Joppru. He has been through a lot, and I hope to see him play out a full season.
Me too. Those are my three top TEs. Not sure about Bruener. Putzier or Bruener will probably get the job if Joppru gets hurt again.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #13
BlueThunder
Veteran

As far as i'm concerned noone has made anything but a mess,,!I haven't seen a sure fire starter..:brickwall
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read