Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2006   #1
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default Mario Williams (Again)

So how has mario williams really done. I have been in louisiana so havent got to watch many games but im wondering how well he has done and from his performance what expectations he NOW has! Please give me some info on MW
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #2
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
So how has mario williams really done. I have been in louisiana so havent got to watch many games but im wondering how well he has done and from his performance what expectations he NOW has! Please give me some info on MW
looked shaky 1st game, 2nd game BIG improvement knocked down a pass, had a tackle for a loss behind line of scrimmage and one of Peeks 2 sacks came as O-Line doubleteamed Mario. I think he will continue to grow and learn and become as great as we knew he would, he was on NFL Network other night and was asked about success. He stated "IT was giving his all, doing his best and learning everyday and helping teammates"....I LIKE IT
Old 08-26-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah nfl.com's fron page was an entire ad featuring Mario Williams advertising the Houston vs. Denver game, said something like "if you haven't seen Mario Williams yet" then something else, can't remember but it is already gone.
Old 08-26-2006   #4
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Yeah nfl.com's fron page was an entire ad featuring Mario Williams advertising the Houston vs. Denver game, said something like "if you haven't seen Mario Williams yet" then something else, can't remember but it is already gone.
That was for the nfl network and people who have time warner because they do not carry nfl network and the game is on that network.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughnecks
That was for the nfl network and people who have time warner because they do not carry nfl network and the game is on that network.
I know the ad was advertising NFL Network, but it featured Williams with the huge pic and the phrase that was on it.
Old 08-26-2006   #6
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

1st game he got owned by turley but hell he's only a rookie 2nd game he looked good i even bought he's jersey he looked so good.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #7
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
1st game he got owned by turley but hell he's only a rookie 2nd game he looked good i even bought he's jersey he looked so good.
Man, I can't wait for next year when Mario plays Turley again.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The beast will be unleashed against the Eagles. I don't expect him to dominate immediately as a rookie, but I do expect to see more of what he's about when the regular season starts. Right now coaches are trying him out at different spots in order to give him training and perspective. But once he's got a full game ahead of him and can take advantage of tired linemen in the second half, it's on!
Old 08-26-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I think that is a bit of an overstatement....... I thought he played well... and his mistakes against Turley were his mistakes, not that Turley schooled him or anything.

I also think we should all consider the amount of pressure we've been getting on the QB from a 4 man rush...... I think it's very encouraging...

Mario is going to have a hell of a rookie year.
Old 08-26-2006   #10
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

just imagine what we can do with a healthy Kailee wong, wong stays in a run zone and ryans blitzes up the middle....I'd like to see some blitzes in the denver game just as a taste. cc brown and orr and ryans could all get some.
Old 08-26-2006   #11
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:

Richard Smith Defensive Coordinator for Texans commented on that said "if you look at photos they only show Turley throwing Mario down, the video shows Mario only went to one knee and popped right back up". Richard Smith doesn't strike me as a pat a guy on the head type, more like type to kick A and take names.
Old 08-26-2006   #12
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

This perception that Mario got "owned" by Turley is an exageration. That's why it's best that Mario get a rematch next year...

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #13
K.D.
Veteran

Mario is going to wreck havoc on the NFL. 1st game I think he was just to hyped up and made rookie mistakes and Turley didn't have anything to do with that. 2nd game was a glimpse of what's in store for us as fans, great motor and quickness to get into the backfield.

I can't wait until tomorrow to see our D against Plummer and crew. I got a very good vibe about this!!
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #14
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Eh, he has looked like a decent player against 2nd string competiton.

Meanwhile, D Brick is looking like a 4th pick (rather a 1st pick) with the Jets.

Mario will be a solid player in the league but we could have got a solid player in the 3-4 round
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #15
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Eh, he has looked like a decent player against 2nd string competiton.

Meanwhile, D Brick is looking like a 4th pick (rather a 1st pick) with the Jets.

Mario will be a solid player in the league but we could have got a solid player in the 3-4 round
I dissagree i think he will be a big addition to our defense and give us something we never had a pass rush .......The rub of the whole thing is he will never get the credit he deserves because he will tie up two of the other teams best lineman while another player gets the sack
Old 08-27-2006   #16
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Mario Williams will be a great player in the future, NOT just some solid player like some nay sayers stated here! Like I said again it takes DE & DT time to develop! I think it will be fun to see Mario progress as he plays more & get experience!
Old 08-28-2006   #17
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Well time will tell and people like me need to just be patient. I want to see returns NOW
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #18
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash_Mouth_Mario
Man, I can't wait for next year when Mario plays Turley again.

well if turley is still in the league im sure with a year under his belt Mario will be destroying most tackles he faces.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read