Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default John McClain blog 8/25

Not a whole lot of Texans talk in this blog. More about Denver and the Hall of Fame, but I hope the Texans use this philosophy:

Quote:
Everyone I've spoken with up here -- and you can read about this in the Chronicle on Saturday and Sunday -- is convinced that Kubiak and Rick Smith will be very successful if owner Bob McNair remains patient and continues to give them the resources they need to win, as Bowlen does the Broncos. ....

In other words, Bowlen hires good people, gives them the financial resources they need to succeed and doesn't try to force them to do things they don't believe should be done. Man, imagine if every owner adopted that philosophy.
From the looks of it Bob McNair is doing this. Just another reason McNair > Bud Adams.

And on another note, is John McClain talking less and less about Reggie Bush and Vince Young on his blog or am I just imagining things?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #2
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

From John McLain's blog, 8/25:

Quote:
When we finally got to Houston, I did an O.J. going from Terminal C to E but made it with time to spare. I think I would have been timed in 4.5 or 4.6 tops. I got to Denver around 11:30 p.m.
Does JM have an ex wife with a BF? ...
Change Denver to Chicago ...
You all see where Imma goin with this, huh?

Sorry guys, I'm trying to get my mind off my LL teams 1st game tomorrow. This part of the blog kinda jumped out at me as I read the 'OJ' thing.
Old 08-25-2006   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJim
From John McLain's blog, 8/25:

Does JM have an ex wife with a BF? ...
Change Denver to Chicago ...
You all see where Imma goin with this, huh?

Sorry guys, I'm trying to get my mind off my LL teams 1st game tomorrow. This part of the blog kinda jumped out at me as I read the 'OJ' thing.
Err, ummm....what journalist mentions "I did an O.J." after what he did that was probably more famous than those Hertz commercials?

Another reason why he is sooooooo overrated as a journo. I know, I know. "He's a nice guy," and "We all have our faults from time to time."

I just do not see where the guy is as good as he's made out to be.

And the reason he isn't touting VY and RB is because those guys have had equal preseason success as Mario: Solid play, but nothing that's been truly out-of-this-world yet. Just wait until VY bee-bops around and runs one in for a TD...he'll be gloating again. Just a matter of time.
Old 08-25-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
"I did an O.J."
Anyone in the know understands that he was having an Orange Julius.
Old 08-25-2006   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Anyone in the know understands that he was having an Orange Julius.
And have you noticed that Orange Julius sales spiraled downward after the O.J. "situation?"

What a crying shame. The gloved one has to go and ruin a perfectly good mall refreshment. Thanks, O.J. Way to go.

Pffft...........
Old 08-25-2006   #6
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Err, ummm....what journalist mentions "I did an O.J." after what he did that was probably more famous than those Hertz commercials?
Maybe ol John-Boy thinks OJs innocent too.
Old 08-25-2006   #7
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Not a whole lot of Texans talk in this blog. More about Denver and the Hall of Fame, but I hope the Texans use this philosophy:

From the looks of it Bob McNair is doing this. Just another reason McNair > Bud Adams.

And on another note, is John McClain talking less and less about Reggie Bush and Vince Young on his blog or am I just imagining things?
NOW you've done it, you mentioned McClain's mancrushes and now so will he

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read