Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-25-2006   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pittsburgh V Philly

None of you rabid football fans are watching the Philly game when we play them in a couple of weeks? I figured someone would have said something before the 3rd quarter

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #2
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I'm watching ... Philly's D looks pretty friggin solid right now. McNabb might not be as good as I thought he might be.
Old 08-25-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

The Philly Oline does not impress me at all. I predict Mario's first sack of the season will come before halftime in week 1.

Despite the lack of protection and talented reciever.. McNabb has still managed to hit his recievers.. we may not be able to shut down thier passing game as much as id like. Thier running game does not scare me though.

On defense.. they look pretty good. Im surprised at thier run defense too. I was watching the Pittsburgh RBs though and I think we will have much more success.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched the first quarter and thought McNabb looked precise except for the two throws that Taylor dropped. Buckhalter looked good as well. Defensively they looked like an Eagles D of old on passing downs, but were exposed by Willie Parker and his speed. Bunkley looks like a beast. Staley needs to hang it up.
Old 08-25-2006   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

They looked pretty good to me. They've got quite a bit invested in their D-Line with high profile DEs in Kearse and Howard, and a pair of 1st round picks in the middle with Bunkley & Patterson. I'm thinking we should be able to run pretty well against them. Their secondary is very talented, and they've got plenty of experience working together. In order to win we'll have to keep plenty of pressure on McNabb as well as get our offense clicking against their D.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I got in late... missed most of it...

But I got NFL Network, so I'll probably watch them tomorrow, or the day after.
Old 08-25-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Jon Runyan is a hell of a player, and the Eagles have a Pro bowl player in Shawn Andrews next to him in the line...donno about that prediction. You got them homer glasses on tight.

Eagles have given up about 12 sacks this preseason.

What you call Homerism, I call credible optimism. Ill point this out to ya when im right
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

Eagles have given up about 12 sacks this preseason.

What you call Homerism, I call credible optimism. Ill point this out to ya when im right
McNabb has been sacked four times. 0 in the first game, 1 in the second, 3 tonight. 2 of those on one drive.
Old 08-25-2006   #9
The Preacher
Veteran

If we can keep their d-line guessing our offense will have some success. They looked pretty solid on obvious passing plays as Big Ben never had much of a chance to go downfield. When they got past those front four they seemed susceptible. Fast Willie had a couple nice plays as Pitt mixed a couple screens in. Pitt was moving it just got in a long yardage situation and next thing you know Roethlisberger is sitting. They can be had but it will take excellent play calling as their D looks like they would own a vanilla offense. A lot of what the Texans have been doing might actually be effective, as in quick hits which don't allow their line to get in a groove and pin their ears back. Their o-line seemed to get some pretty good protection except for maybe a sack when McNabb held on too long. It will be a tough game, no doubt but the key in my opinion will be to keep them guessing or it could be a long day.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Their secondary is going to give Carr fits. As eveeryone here knows, he has a tendency to lock onto a receiver, and Dawkins is about as good of a coverage safety as their is. Expect at least 1 pick there.

Offensively, you've got to be scared. Despite everything, McNabb is crazy accurate and their line gives him enough time to just sit and wait for someone to get open. He has such a quick release that I wouldn't expect any jumped routes on our side.

This could be a long game, and a very tough opener for us
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
yeah..I like how their first team has given up most of them...oh wait, its the preseason and they didn't.
Your life must suck

go get a coke and a smile, maybe when ya come back you will have something positive to say .
Old 08-26-2006   #12
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Vinny, I am seeing some hugh potential in the Eagles D this year! They may be a tremendous difference maker in our W/L record. I hope they live up to the promise.

McNabb has looked great in this PS but the WRs aren't really adding anything to the offense. I believe in Westbrooks abilities but I have worries about his endurance. This O again could be very good with a big number of roll-players or we could have some serious problems. I don't know.

That D better be damn good and Akers better take care of his hammy this year.:brickwall :brickwall

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #13
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember the old three headed monster. Nobody is afraid of Westbrook, Moats, Buck and Mahe but I think some will be surprised. Having Buck on the Roster for third and short will be great if he stays healthy. Greg Lewis is a good third or forth WR. The Eagles have a lot of Questions on the O.

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006   #14
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Cannot wait to have Bucky and Westy in there with McNabb. It will make a HUGE difference. Steelers had the #1 rush defense and #1 rushing team last --- says ESPN. Not this year though... Eagles looked great but the Steelers has some problems.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #15
eagle.randall
Rookie

E-A-G-L-E-S

EAGLES!

9 days and a wake up.
eagle.randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't predicted the outcome of this game like most other Texan fans have. I've watched a couple of the Eagles games the past few weeks and they look pretty darn good to me. For the unknown recievers people say they have, they've looked good to me. If the Texans are unable to control the LOS, it doesn't look good for DC. Even worse if we can't pick up the blitze as well. The game will be won in the trenches. Whoever controls the LOS will win the game barring turnovers.
Old 08-31-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle.randall
E-A-G-L-E-S

EAGLES!

9 days and a wake up.
The game is on the 10th.
Old 08-31-2006   #18
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Yeah, 9 more sleeps for the party and then wake up the next morning for the game. The 10th. LOL!
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read