Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2006   #1
EaglesFanPhila
Rookie

Default The State of the Texans from an Eagles fan. Stats included

Stat #1 - You will stink in the opener.

That's it. What are you people thinking here? Texans beat the Eagles? R U nuts! We are about to reclaim the ranking of the most dominant team in the NFC. I'm afraid for every team in the NFL. Last season really left a bad taste in our mouths. The Steelers will be the first to feel the wrath tonight.

Watch and be afraid. Be very afraid.

Now we can chat normally.

Last edited by EaglesFanPhila; 08-25-2006 at 03:30 PM.
EaglesFanPhila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #2
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

LOL. If that's your objective analysis, you should be afraid.
Old 08-25-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFanPhila

That's it. What are you people thinking here? Texans beat the Eagles? R U nuts! We are about to reclaim the ranking of the most dominant team in the NFC. I'm afraid for every team in the NFL. Last season really left a ad taste in our mouths. The Steelers will be the first to feel the wrath tonight.

I don't know - the post has something. I'm trying to put my finger on it...

...words! It has words!

Most of them are spelled right too.

Last edited by Runner; 08-25-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #4
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:

That's it. What are you people thinking here? Texans beat the Eagles? R U nuts! We are about to reclaim the ranking of the most dominant team in the NFC. I'm afraid for every team in the NFL. Last season really left a ad taste in our mouths. The Steelers will be the first to feel the wrath tonight.

Are you smoking something? Did anyone ever tell you to PUFF PUFF PASS?
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #5
PhillyFan
Veteran

Quote:

Come on man. You can do better that this.l

At least put some darn thought into the thread for crying out loud. No wonder people hate us *shake head*
PhillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

This is classic! Philly fans on a Texans MB ragging each other.
Old 08-25-2006   #7
Big J
Rookie

Default Cant we all Agree....

Lets all be honest here....

Yes, we are good at home openers. Yes the Eagles blowed last year. Yes the Eagles D is healthy. Yes we have a new scheme that could cause some breakdowns. But the game is at home and there is going to be alot of emotion going into the game. Im giving us a 50% chance of winning.

I would also like to comment that the Eagles wide recievers are currently crap. If they want to use their redic amount of passing against Dunta...game over son.

Finally, the NFC East is gross. They dont stand a chance unless....
1) Clinton Portis never returns...even though they picked up Duckett
2) TO destroys the cowboys
3) Eli Manning dies

1 and 3 are unlikely....
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2006   #8
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Old 08-25-2006   #9
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J

Yes, we are good at home openers. Yes the Eagles blowed last year. Yes the Eagles D is healthy. Yes we have a new scheme that could cause some breakdowns. But the game is at home and there is going to be alot of emotion going into the game. Im giving us a 50% chance of winning.

I would also like to comment that the Eagles wide recievers are currently crap. If they want to use their redic amount of passing against Dunta...game over son.

3) Eli Manning dies

1 and 3 are unlikely....
The Redskins are hyped up every year and look at what they do... nothing. They always get star players and it ends up being a mess.

As far as the Cowboys go, I cannot see them making playoffs this year. Everyone is chattering about them because of Owens. Yes, he is a HUGE playmaker but he will cause problems.

The Giants are looking like our biggest competition but you never know how a team will do. Injuries and other things play into a team's season so let's not hype them up yet until we are at least a few games into the season.

Our WRs are crap? We never had playmaking WRs, with the exception on Ownes for one year and this is 2006 (lol), but we still domintated the NFC this decade. Reggie Brown was an outstanding rookie last year and made a big impact. DO YOU KNOW WHO IS QB WAS? MIKE MCMAHON. We all know how awful a QB he was. Now imagine what it will be like with McNabb throwing him the ball. Pinkston is not that great but he can spread the field and you rarely see him drop a ball. Gaffney finally has a QB who will have time to actually throw the ball. Baskett will be a playmaker for this team. We have a lot of young guys with huge question marks over their heads but I think, by the end of the year, those marks will disappear and postive marks will be there instead.
Old 08-25-2006   #10
titan hater
Veteran

This is great!!!! I am so glad the smack is starting...It means the season is upon us! Philly fan is very funny...
Old 08-25-2006   #11
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:

Most people that tend to come over to this board, and leave trash like this are afraid, otherwise good luck to the Eagles this year, hope they stay healthy, I think you should be on the Redskins page, they are the ones you need to think about, they started the off-season trades and have picked up many players, they will be skining eagles for lunch this year.......oohhhh by the Eagle fan 0-1 for you to start the season....thanks for stoping by for nothing........also look at you depth on running backs, Westbrook status and your receiver status, you might want to rethink your post again
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #12
PhillyFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J

3) Eli Manning dies

1 and 3 are unlikely....
2 is currently happening, thank heavens. Didnt take long for the trash to be seen as trash.

3. Eli stinks. He is nowhere near as talented as his brother. The only thing they have in common is that they choke in important games.

The Eagles will most likely finish second in the division. Washington will finish last. I can almost guarantee that.
Old 08-25-2006   #13
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
This is great!!!! I am so glad the smack is starting...It means the season is upon us! Philly fan is very funny...

Hell yeah it is. Loving it. :bananasplit:
Old 08-25-2006   #14
PhillyFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater

No kidding.

This offseason took forever.

It stinks when your team doesnt make the playoffs...I had kind of forgotten how that felt
Old 08-25-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
The Redskins are hyped up every year and look at what they do... nothing. They always get star players and it ends up being a mess.

As far as the Cowboys go, I cannot see them making playoffs this year. Everyone is chattering about them because of Owens. Yes, he is a HUGE playmaker but he will cause problems.

The Giants are looking like our biggest competition but you never know how a team will do. Injuries and other things play into a team's season so let's not hype them up yet until we are at least a few games into the season.

Our WRs are crap? We never had playmaking WRs, with the exception on Ownes for one year and this is 2006 (lol), but we still domintated the NFC this decade. Reggie Brown was an outstanding rookie last year and made a big impact. DO YOU KNOW WHO IS QB WAS? MIKE MCMAHON. We all know how awful a QB he was. Now imagine what it will be like with McNabb throwing him the ball. Pinkston is not that great but he can spread the field and you rarely see him drop a ball. Gaffney finally has a QB who will have time to actually throw the ball. Baskett will be a playmaker for this team. We have a lot of young guys with huge question marks over their heads but I think, by the end of the year, those marks will disappear and postive marks will be there instead.
Doesn't matter. The ball will just peg him in the back of the head anyways.
Old 08-25-2006   #16
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Most people that tend to come over to this board, and leave trash like this are afraid, otherwise good luck to the Eagles this year, hope they stay healthy, I think you should be on the Redskins page, they are the ones you need to think about, they started the off-season trades and have picked up many players, they will be skining eagles for lunch this year.......oohhhh by the Eagle fan 0-1 for you to start the season....thanks for stoping by for nothing........also look at you depth on running backs, Westbrook status and your receiver status, you might want to rethink your post again

Redskins will finish last. They get big playmakers every year in the offseason and end up doing nothing. I predict the same will happen again this year.

Westbrook is out tonight but he will be fine for Week 1. Westy already knows the plays and we know what he can do. No need to play him tonight.

I know all about the depth of my team. I eat, drink, sleep Eagles football. It's the PRESEASON. LOL! Every year they put guys out on injury to rest their hamstrings and whatever else that might need a little rest. Why put these guys out there to get stress it out even more. PRESEASON. Remember that.
Old 08-25-2006   #17
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
Doesn't matter. The ball will just peg him in the back of the head anyways.

LMAO!

Gaffney dropped how many balls with the Texans?

Old 08-25-2006   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
Redskins will finish last. They get big playmakers every year in the offseason and end up doing nothing. I predict the same will happen again this year.

Westbrook is out tonight but he will be fine for Week 1. Westy already knows the plays and we know what he can do. No need to play him tonight.

I know all about the depth of my team. I eat, drink, sleep Eagles football. It's the PRESEASON. LOL! Every year they put guys out on injury to rest their hamstrings and whatever else that might need a little rest. Why put these guys out there to get stress it out even more. PRESEASON. Remember that.
1. Cowboys 12-4
2. Skins 10-6
3. Giants 8-8
4. Eagles 6-10

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #19
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Gaffney might not even make your 53 man roster, according to NFL network, also has he not been in trouble with the law already up there.......what's wrong with him, is he pistol whiping fellow eagles it seems a few Eagles haven fallen out of their nest recently up there in Philly...
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #20
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Brian Westbrook healthy?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read