Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2006   #1
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default A little ESPN tidbit about Koobs

Quote:
Gary Kubiak seems to have installed better timing and coordination in Houston's run blocking. Finally, Texans backs are finding a few holes to run through.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ohn&id=2558497

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

"Finally, Texans backs are finding a few holes to run through."

Just more ignorance from the national media...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food

Good God... I actually agree with you for once.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #4
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food

Yeah, I totally agree with this. The national media really sucks!!
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparrish
This Kubes thing sounds too much like Pubes

well, it does now!

I mean, since you put it in my mind... thanks...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #6
jparrish
Rookie

I just think it's more respectful to say the entire name. It means they are somebody. You don't do any of the following...

You don't call:

Peyton Manning.....Mann
Troy Aikman....Aik
Andre Johnson....John
Mario Williams....Will

....just for a few examples

Last edited by jparrish; 08-25-2006 at 06:05 PM.
jparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #7
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 1482 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparrish
I just think it's more respectful to say the entire name. It means they are somebody. You don't do any of the following...

You don't call:

Peyton Manning.....Mann
Troy Aikman....Aik
Andre Johnson....John
Mario Williams....Will

....just for a few examples
or Terrell Owen T.O.
Old 08-25-2006   #8
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone else notice the way John McClain pronounces ''Kubiak"? It really gets on my nerves he says it like kyoobiak.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #9
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

The 2006 Houston Texans STILL the Best Kept Secret in the NFL. Thank ESPN.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #10
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

We never get any respect from the national media, but we will. They are talking about us, but sort of under their breath still. And ESPN can shove it. They are horrendous. I have the Steelers/Philadelphia game on right now, and they were talking about Reggie Bush still. Please.......try to go forward ESPN.

Do all other boards have their own smilies like we do? Just wondering.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever

Do all other boards have their own smilies like we do? Just wondering.
Some, but not as cool as ours (even though I don't use them much).

Everyone who likes them should give a big shout out (and hit her with some rep) to Khari--the queen of the smilies.

Warning--be nice or she will ban you.
Old 08-25-2006   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Does anyone else notice the way John McClain pronounces ''Kubiak"? It really gets on my nerves he says it like kyoobiak.
Well, I hate to tell you this but... that's the way Kubiak pronounced his own name on the commercial on the NFL Network. I think that's the way it supposed to be pronounced.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #13
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew
The Texans have never had problems running the ball ever since they got Davis, so I don't have any idea of what this blurb is referring to. In fact, I recall that a lot of so-called "Texans fans" complained when the team did exactly that, referring to it as being "too conservative." Besides, exhibition football doesn't mean squat. Oh, and the name is "Kubiak" according to the article. Not "koobs."
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #14
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck
Well, I hate to tell you this but... that's the way Kubiak pronounced his own name on the commercial on the NFL Network. I think that's the way it supposed to be pronounced.
Ah man i thought it was COObiak not Qbiak!!! o well you learn something new every day
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513
Ah man i thought it was COObiak not Qbiak!!! o well you learn something new every day
I was surprised, too. Everyone pronounces it as COObiak and so did I. I thought that was why people were calling him Kubes (like cubes) because that's the way he pronounces it. Coobs doesn't make sense.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read