Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2004   #21
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitLions
i said cornerback is a techniqe position, not WR... so i think my point is the one that is long gone...
WT F??

I know you said cornerback was.....what are you smoking???
Old 09-15-2004   #22
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
i dunno who was covering the whole game, but on the NFL network they said Gates was stepping up earlier then expected, and he did so well the Texans had to put Aaron Glenn on him, and then it showed a replay Glenn getting burned by Gates 1 time...
Glen was the spy on that play that you are talking about...I think the line backer was suppose to step back on that play.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 301166 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i dunno who was covering the whole game, but on the NFL network they said Gates was stepping up earlier then expected, and he did so well the Texans had to put Aaron Glenn on him, and then it showed a replay Glenn getting burned by Gates 1 time...
Funny, that sounds just like John Clayton's little segment on Sportscenter--he mentions Glenn and then the clip shows Eric Brown.
Old 09-15-2004   #24
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw that too, I have no idea why he said Glenn was on Gates. In every clip it was Brown.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #25
SBTexans08
All Pro

This is for the DetroitLions dude since he's still a little confused...let me simplify this for him a bit.

You said that the cornerback position is position that calls for technique. Aaron Glenn is considered among many to be one of the best corners in the league as he has made it to the pro bowl multiple times at this technique position.

We have that out of the way.......right? Good!

What good is it to be one of the best at this technique position if some guy who hasn't played football in 4 years comes in and skools you on some plays, hence the comment I made, "so much for technique."

I htmled it since there are some very hypercritical Texans fans here (including myself :hehe: ) and thought some would get a little hot under the collar thinking I was bashing Glenn, which I wasn't. It was all for good humor. Hey, that guy a.j. joked around in his "voice of the fan" article on the houstontexans.com site. SEE HERE
Old 09-15-2004   #26
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry SBTexans08, some of us got it the 1st time.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #27
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
This is for the DetroitLions dude since he's still a little confused...let me simplify this for him a bit.

You said that the cornerback position is position that calls for technique. Aaron Glenn is considered among many to be one of the best corners in the league as he has made it to the pro bowl multiple times at this technique position.

We have that out of the way.......right? Good!

What good is it to be one of the best at this technique position if some guy who hasn't played football in 4 years comes in and skools you on some plays, hence the comment I made, "so much for technique."

I htmled it since there are some very hypercritical Texans fans here (including myself :hehe: ) and thought some would get a little hot under the collar thinking I was bashing Glenn, which I wasn't. It was all for good humor. Hey, that guy a.j. joked around in his "voice of the fan" article on the houstontexans.com site. SEE HERE
First off Glenn isnt even a top 20 corner, because he is over the hill... and second my point is that any shmoe can jump in and play WR, but you need ALOT of technique to play CB, hence AJ couldnt play CB...
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2004   #28
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
First off Glenn isnt even a top 20 corner, because he is over the hill... and second my point is that any shmoe can jump in and play WR, but you need ALOT of technique to play CB, hence AJ couldnt play CB...
Dude...you're beating yourself up for nothing. This has become a perpetual argument without importance. If it makes you feel any better........you win.

I said he's considered one of the best among many....that doesn't not mean he's in the 20, top 10, whatever number you want to put up!
Old 09-15-2004   #29
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

You think Aaron Glenn isnt still a pro bowl type corner ? He's still just as quick as ya boy Roy. And i bet Williams wont burn off and get a score on A.G. Your guy plays ONE game and you think he's ready to burn the top corners in the league ? I admit he will be good but he still has a lot of learning to do ,,,,,expect him to be shut down by Glenn !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #30
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
You think Aaron Glenn isnt still a pro bowl type corner ? He's still just as quick as ya boy Roy. And i bet Williams wont burn off and get a score on A.G. Your guy plays ONE game and you think he's ready to burn the top corners in the league ? I admit he will be good but he still has a lot of learning to do ,,,,,expect him to be shut down by Glenn !
i never said Roy would burn Glenn... i said if AJ played CB on Roy, Roy would burn AJ... and i never said Glenn wasnt good, and Glenn probably has the leg up on Roy because of experience...but i doubt he will shut down Roy... not that this means anything, but Roy is 6 inches taller then Glenn...
Old 09-15-2004   #31
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I did hear something about Glenn covering Gates a couple of times but for the most part it was Eric Brown getting burned (covering) Antonio Gates.
I know what you mean. I'm watching SportsCenter when the Inside the Huddle report comes on w/ John Clayton. He talks about Glenn getting beat by Gates, but they show ERIC BROWN getting smoked. Glenn is #31 not #24 ESPN!
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #32
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
i never said Roy would burn Glenn... i said if AJ played CB on Roy, Roy would burn AJ... and i never said Glenn wasnt good, and Glenn probably has the leg up on Roy because of experience...but i doubt he will shut down Roy... not that this means anything, but Roy is 6 inches taller then Glenn...
Size has nothing to do with it buddy. If that was the case it'd be paramount that a CB be over 6' to contend with 6' or more tall recievers.
Old 09-15-2004   #33
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Size has nothing to do with it buddy. If that was the case it'd be paramount that a CB be over 6' to contend with 6' or more tall recievers.
im just saying, there is only 1 shutdown corner in the entire league that is under 5'10... that man is Antoine Winfield and he is borderline shutdown...
Old 09-15-2004   #34
Kingzofthejungle
Rookie

Quote:
No he is not still a Pro-Bowl Corner. And if you think that then you are really in trouble. I hope your defensive coached feel the same way and leave ROY in signle coverage against him. Glenn is on his last legs. In addition he is like 5'9 and 185. He will be overmatched by the 6,3 220 Williams. ROY is also much faster than Glenn. You guys better double him. Roy will manhandle any of your small DBs...period! And yes he is ready to burn DBs. You run the route, You see the ball, You catch the ball. It ain't that hard to do!

And for the guy that said AJ was a classy and quiet dude. Please he was a loud mouth cocky player at Miami and nothing has changed. Maybe he hasn't done anything in Texas yet, but he is far from a Choir Boy.
Old 09-15-2004   #35
SESupergenius

Vinny where did you read that? That is exactly how I saw it. Looked like were forming a diamond with Coleman being the deep man and the corners staying in zone.
Old 09-15-2004   #36
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Yeah you see where that CB put up his hand for AJ to help him up and AJ slapped his hand away ....
That was actually a LB. It was Donnie Edwards. He was trying to pry the ball out of AJ's arms after he was on the ground. That's why AJ slapped his hand away when he wanted help to get up.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #37
SBTexans08
All Pro

I find it rather weird how you Lions fans are really cocky for this game considering you guys caused 4 turnovers and only won by 4 points. Throw in the fact that Chicago is hurting on their secondary some and I'd say the Lions didn't do so great. Had they not won the turnover ratio you guys would have lost.

I'm not taking the Lions lightly but I'm excited about this match up...seems like you guys are taking the Texans lightly however after winning by only a 4 point margin against a team (Bears) that doesn't square up against the Texans talent wise...and somewhat on certain positions, more so on the secondary positions.
Old 09-15-2004   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Vinny where did you read that? That is exactly how I saw it. Looked like were forming a diamond with Coleman being the deep man and the corners staying in zone.
Hey ses, it was on 610am in one of the post game shows on Monday. I don't remember if it was the Dom Capers show or the Aaron Glenn show (one or the other). If you watch the replay take a look at Brees looking left and then making the pivot to the right and throwing a strike for the TD as Coleman bit on the action on Brees's left.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #39
Kingzofthejungle
Rookie

Quote:
I find it rather weird how you Lions fans are really cocky for this game considering you guys caused 4 turnovers and only won by 4 points. Throw in the fact that Chicago is hurting on their secondary some and I'd say the Lions didn't do so great. Had they not won the turnover ratio you guys would have lost.

I'm not taking the Lions lightly but I'm excited about this match up...seems like you guys are taking the Texans lightly however after winning by only a 4 point margin against a team (Bears) that doesn't square up against the Texans talent wise...and somewhat on certain positions, more so on the secondary positions.
Actually the Bears Defense was really impressive. They have very good LBS, They have a shutdoen corner in Tillman and Mike Brown is a really good safety. Both are rated higher than any of your guys. They also have a Pro-bowl LB in Urlacher so I am not sure where you get your info from.

On offense you guys might be slightly ahead of them, but not by much. Davis is still a 2nd year player, same for AJ and Carr well he is in the same boat as Joey H. You forget you are coming to our house. We are a much better home team. Also last time I checked it doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 100 it still is a win.

Just an FYI, I think overall we are pretty even talent wise, but I don't see you guys beating us at home. We should prevail 28-14.

Alot of you guys are predicting beating us by 10-14 points. I doubt that at all maybe 2 or 3 at the most, if you win. You won't though!
Old 09-15-2004   #40
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:

If you havent noticed, alot of Texans fans are being very cocky themselves...... the Texans lost...... at home......... and to add insult to injury, to the chargers..... im not counting out the Texans, but on the other hand i dont count out any team... when you are the Lions you cannot afford to...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read