Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2006   #1
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Article from the Washington Times

It isn't just about the Texans, but I found his opinion about the Texans running game amusing.

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/2006...5152-8331r.htm
Old 08-25-2006   #2
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Said Davis: "They let me know they're behind me. I just need time to heal. I just want my knee to feel good. When it feels good again, I'll be ready to play."

IMO, this quote from DD indicates he does not 'get it.' He thinks his knee will be like it was before and is not healed yet, both contrary to what the DR's have told him. No doubt, like Carr, his biggest problem is 'mind set.' :brickwall
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Typical article from someone who knows nothing. Since it is on the wire it will be regurgitated by other hacks who are in between journalism school and their dream job of covering the next Hurricane or extradition of a Serial Freak.
Old 08-25-2006   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

The team's medical staff told Davis his knee always will be sore and will never again feel as it did before the surgery to remove part of his lateral meniscus. Davis apparently did not find that reassuring.

"Domanick's mind-set is key," Kubiak said. "Where does he see himself at this point? We told him we don't want him to get frustrated. The key is to not lose patience. We're not going to hurt him in preseason. If he's full speed in Week 4 or 5, he's going to help us, but we hope to get him back a lot sooner than that."

Said Davis: "They let me know they're behind me. I just need time to heal. I just want my knee to feel good. When it feels good again, I'll be ready to play."

Ahem . . Earth to Dominic: The doctors told you that your knee ain't never gonna feel the same. Either **** or get off the pot!

As for Cedric Benson . . well, like the old saying goes . . "what you did in college . . . . . "

Last edited by Marcus; 08-25-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #5
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Typical article from someone who knows nothing. Since it is on the wire it will be regurgitated by other hacks who are in between journalism school and their dream job of covering the next Hurricane or extradition of a Serial Freak.
At the midpoint of the season the Texans could be 6-2 and those same hacks will still be writing about what they could do if Bush was on the team.
Old 08-25-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
The team's medical staff told Davis his knee always will be sore and will never again feel as it did before the surgery to remove part of his lateral meniscus. Davis apparently did not find that reassuring.

"Domanick's mind-set is key," Kubiak said. "Where does he see himself at this point? We told him we don't want him to get frustrated. The key is to not lose patience. We're not going to hurt him in preseason. If he's full speed in Week 4 or 5, he's going to help us, but we hope to get him back a lot sooner than that."

Ahem . . Earth to Dominic: The doctors told you that your knee ain't never gonna feel the same. Either **** or get off the pot!

As for Cedric Benson . . well, like the old saying goes . . "what you did in college . . . . . "

Ahem.

The doctors report was that he didn't have any new badness that meant he needed surgery. The MRI also suggested he had what they referred to as a knee bone bruise.

If you have a bone bruise that shows up on an MRI, that is not the same as knocking it into the coffee table or something. I'm not a doctor, and I shouldn't play one on the internet, and if a bone bruise is bad enough, you just can't function very well on it, even in you have a pain threshold of steel.

Since those quotes, he has been able to treadmill run without swelling. This is progress. Nobody knows how long it takes to get back from a knee bone bruise, or even the best ways to treat it, but it looks like everyone is just being patient, and there is no sense slagging DD over stuff.

For more information about the bone bruise, check out this somewhat dated fanblog entry.

The premise of the article is immensely ignorant. The Texans have the 3rd ranked rushing offense. The Saints are 20th. And the Texans have done it without putting first pick money at a position where players get hurt a lot.
Old 08-25-2006   #7
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kaiser Toro again.
Old 08-25-2006   #8
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just another way to take a shot at us for not taking Bush. Of all things to be critical about our running game is not one. Even though we've been terrible in the past at keeping our QB's upright, we've had a decent running attack under Dom. I would not be surprised if we are in the top 7-8 in the NFL this season under Koobz.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Ahem.

The doctors report was that he didn't have any new badness that meant he needed surgery. The MRI also suggested he had what they referred to as a knee bone bruise.

If you have a bone bruise that shows up on an MRI, that is not the same as knocking it into the coffee table or something. I'm not a doctor, and I shouldn't play one on the internet, and if a bone bruise is bad enough, you just can't function very well on it, even in you have a pain threshold of steel.

Since those quotes, he has been able to treadmill run without swelling. This is progress. Nobody knows how long it takes to get back from a knee bone bruise, or even the best ways to treat it, but it looks like everyone is just being patient, and there is no sense slagging DD over stuff.

For more information about the bone bruise, check out this somewhat dated fanblog entry.

The premise of the article is immensely ignorant. The Texans have the 3rd ranked rushing offense. The Saints are 20th. And the Texans have done it without putting first pick money at a position where players get hurt a lot.
Well, I can see where your "slagging DD" angle comes from. I just think there is something going on that 'they' are not telling us. 'They' don't have a very good record as far as being totally forthcoming regarding the injury situation of the players. I felt like the organization per se, strung us along with the Tony Boselli thing, and with other injuries thereafter.

And I just have this feeling with DD that the condition is a lot worse than a "bone bruise". (And I did read that article, BTW)
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #10
real

I tend to think his injury is more serious than we are led to believe also...He has been out for so long, and if it were as simple as that IMO, they should have a definite plan of action, and to me it seems that they have none...It's like a wait and see thing and that is never encouraging...
Old 08-25-2006   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
I tend to think his injury is more serious than we are led to believe also...He has been out for so long, and if it were as simple as that IMO, they should have a definite plan of action, and to me it seems that they have none...It's like a wait and see thing and that is never encouraging...
I don't think they are trying to hide anything. I just don't think they know:

From my fanblog post:

Quote:
As the article concludes, "While bone bruising is being increasingly recognised, little is known about its short-term resolution, clinical symptoms and long-term prognosis." Translated: this stuff is bad, but we are clueless as to how bad.
Old 08-25-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Well, I can see where your "slagging DD" angle comes from. I just think there is something going on that 'they' are not telling us. 'They' don't have a very good record as far as being totally forthcoming regarding the injury situation of the players. I felt like the organization per se, strung us along with the Tony Boselli thing, and with other injuries thereafter.

And I just have this feeling with DD that the condition is a lot worse than a "bone bruise". (And I did read that article, BTW)
Not surprising as that has always been the Shanahan method of operation regarding reporting injuries.
Old 08-25-2006   #13
Divebomb
Veteran

This guy must work for ESPN on the side. Morency has twice as many yards in one game then Bush has had in fist two combined and with less carries. I am so sick of the Northern Media, they should stick to their lame Yankee's vs Redsox, Patriots vs Colts crap. Those guys hate Texas, they hate people from Texas, and they hate Teams from Texas. What a idiot to even post that crap, everyone has their own opinion but if you have not seen our team, or even had time to look up the stats so far??? Reggie Bush is by far the most over-rated player to ever come out of college. The best part is, even if Mario has 70 tackles and 15 sacks, we are still going to be the idiots who passed on Reggie Bush. Bush could even be a bust and we are the bigest idiots ever, why because its not the Reggie Bush factor, its the Northern perception of people from our state. Last week reggie had a 9 yard run and then was dropped for 4 strait losses and the Northern Media made it sound like he had 4 TD and 300 yards. The Northern Media is lame.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

After we won the Rams game, NFL Network ran the highlights and the graphic they put up on the TV screen had us with a 1-1 record. Even when we win, they think we probably had lost...so they put up a loss instead of a win. Amazing.

In addition, Rich Eisen (whom I normally like) kept calling Phillip Buchanon "Patrick Buchanon" over and over and over. Nobody told Eisen otherwise throughout the whole highlight clip. Amazing.

Mort Anderson takes Reggie Bush in the first round of ESPN's Draft Special...and Schlereth does the analysis of their draft picks, calling Mort's pick a stupid pick because Bush is not even the clear-cut starter yet. Amazing.

Dallas made Reggie look very silly. At least Mario pressured the QB, stopped a run every now and then. What did Reggie do? Danced around and got stopped for several no-gains or losses. And we've got no-names like Morency and Lundy breaking off huge runs and scoring TDs. Yeah, we are just a bunch of stupid hicks down here in Houston, eh?

I cannot wait for the day when it comes full circle and the media MUST praise our team.
Old 08-25-2006   #15
Divebomb
Veteran

DUDE they will never praise our team! We could win the Super Bowl and the ESPN front cover would either show the Yankees offseason moves, and if they did win the Super Bowl the headline would read, "How (BLANK) Lost the Big Game to Houston" Remeber the Rockets and how SI printed all of those Knicks Championship Covers just to have to turn around and reprint a million new coppies when the Rockets Won. Talk about idiots LOL
Old 08-25-2006   #16
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
I am so sick of the Northern Media...Those guys hate Texas, they hate people from Texas, and they hate Teams from Texas. What a idiot to even post that crap, everyone has their own opinion but if you have not seen our team, or even had time to look up the stats so far???
As an East Coast resident (and East Coast traveler) for seven years now, I think I can speak to that. It's not hatred. They're just oblivious. They don't know or care. Most people I talk to out here about football automatically assume that because I'm from Texas I'm a Cowboy fan. When I tell them I'm a Texans fan, they almost always say, "oh yeah! I forgot Houston has a team again now. Aren't they, like, terrible or something?" And this was after our 7-9 year too.

It's not restricted to football. Many East Coast people think that Dallas is bigger than Houston, for stupid reasons like (I'm not making this up) "Well, that's where American Airlines has its hub!" Almost none of them have a clue that Houston is one of the largest cities in the USA. They're never going to visit, never going to care, and will never bother finding out more about it. Out of sight, out of mind. Like Delaware, to the rest of the country.

Only winning will change that, and even winning won't change geography. Ask Seahawks fans why "TivO" Owens (my nickname for him, indicating how I immediately fast-forward whenever he appears on the screen) gets coverage every day on ESPN and the conference champs get maybe one mention every ten days.

Out of sight, out of mind. But hey, it's not hate. They just don't care. And when he says that the team with the preseason's #3 rusher league-wide is having trouble running the ball in the preseason, you really, really don't care about getting it right.

TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #17
Divebomb
Veteran

You are right, they do not care, that is why I don't watch their crap anymore. I would rather have my twigs and berries smashed by a hammer than to watch that lame program. No one down here cares about the Yankees rotation problems, who cares about the Boston Redsox and their Astroish type of ball they are playing this season. As far as football, thank the Lord for NFL network, and they are not much better!
Old 08-25-2006   #18
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

http://www.rotowire.com/roto_to_gnew...1136&sport=mlb

This is an article about David Wells, a pitcher for the Boston Red Sox, who was diagnosed with a deep bone bruise almost exactly like DD's. As you can see, he had significant pain but no 'material' damage to the knee and was given the same 'wait and see' approach to his return to playing, if at all. The article is dated 06/10/06 and wells returned to the mound on 07/31/06 and has pitched since...maybe, we'll be as fortunate with DD.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

If Reggie turns out to be a bust, the Texans will be blamed for sending him to such a bad team.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #20
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

David Elfin must be at North Pole with all of Santa's other Elf's, because he has not seen Lundy, Morency, Taylor, or any other of the Texans backs rack up the yards, on Kansas City, or the Rams, typical out of state sport's writer who had one too many drinks before he wrote this article....
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read