Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-24-2006   #1
BobbleTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 BobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVP
Angry Reggie Bush/Sports Illustrated August 28/06

Just received the August 28 issue of SI. Article in Scorecard about R. Bush detailing all the wonderful things Bush is doing along with his sponsors. The killer part of the article is the part the about his game against the Cowboys.
Here you go. "While Bush's numbers weren't gaudy (four carries with a long gain of nine yards, and two catches for 14 yards), he left enough Cowboys defenders in his wake with his open-field moves to justify Saint Pro Bowl wide receiver Joe Horn's assessment that Bush is "an amazing talent". Open field moves? Defenders in his wake? So using that criteria, than one tackle for a loss by Mario Williams should put him in the Pro Football HOF. Man are they sucking up to Reggie Bush..........you would have thought by that comment Bush ran for 165 yards and had 3 or 4 touchdowns.............
BobbleTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #2
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbleTexan
Just received the August 28 issue of SI. Article in Scorecard about R. Bush detailing all the wonderful things Bush is doing along with his sponsors. The killer part of the article is the part the about his game against the Cowboys.
Here you go. "While Bush's numbers weren't gaudy (four carries with a long gain of nine yards, and two catches for 14 yards), he left enough Cowboys defenders in his wake with his open-field moves to justify Saint Pro Bowl wide receiver Joe Horn's assessment that Bush is "an amazing talent". Open field moves? Defenders in his wake? So using that criteria, than one tackle for a loss by Mario Williams should put him in the Pro Football HOF. Man are they sucking up to Reggie Bush..........you would have thought by that comment Bush ran for 165 yards and had 3 or 4 touchdowns.............
Good point but this thread will self destruct = (get booted out of here) soon.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Wow that was fast lol
Old 08-24-2006   #4
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

I wise him all the best I wanted Mario in the first round I would have like to trade down and got him but all is well besides Lundy looks good enough for me besides all it takes his one juke and a defender to land on a leg and all those moves are gone I prefer a monster over a dancer.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #5
BobbleTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 BobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVP

Not a problem for me.....................
BobbleTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #6
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughnecks
I wise him all the best I wanted Mario in the first round I would have like to trade down and got him but all is well besides Lundy looks good enough for me besides all it takes his one juke and a defender to land on a leg and all those moves are gone I prefer a monster over a dancer.

Sentences man. Use some periods and other High School English.
Old 08-24-2006   #7
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
I agree and with kubiaks system you dont have to have blazing speed like bush or juke like dante hall to excel.
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2006   #8
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
Sentences man. Use some periods and other High School English.
............................ Hows that.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
............................ Hows that.
You need to replace the period with a question mark when you ask a question. Now go to the principles office. Just goofin with ya

edit: Are you from West Columbia?
Old 08-25-2006   #10
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Have you watched the games Reggie has played in? He looks about the same as he did in college. He's "broken some ankles"

like i've said before, some of you guys need to get over it
Old 08-25-2006   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
Have you watched the games Reggie has played in? He looks about the same as he did in college. He's "broken some ankles"

like i've said before, some of you guys need to get over it
Speaking of ankles. How's VY coming along? NFL Network said he was struggling. Is this true?
Old 08-25-2006   #12
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Bush showed enormous potential against the Cowboys strong LB corps in only his second game, I don't understand why many of you are in such distrout over his performance.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #13
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
Bush showed enormous potential against the Cowboys strong LB corps in only his second game, I don't understand why many of you are in such distrout over his performance.
It's not that. I can't speak for everyone here, but my main gripe about that game was how stupid ESPN got over a 9 yard run. It was probably played more times on TV than Pujols' homer off Brad Lidge.

I have nothing against Bush and I would not have been upset had we drafted him. However, the media coverage on him is just ridiculous. It's like Yankees Vs. Red Sox and T.O. all rolled into one.

As for him showing enormous potential against the 'Boys, I disagree. a 9 yard sweep doesn't mean much in the preseason. IMO Deuce is still the #1 back on that team until Bush proves otherwise.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like the picture in ESPM Magazine when they show Bush being laid out.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 47631 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
I am going to agree with a COWBOY fan? OMG! But I agree.

I like Reggie. He is a decent human being who has done a lot for a community that he doesn't owe anything to. He is in N.O. helping out the team and the folks over there.

I wish Bush nothing but the best.

Oh, I almost forgot..............Cowboys suck...............Go Texans

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #16
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Just wanted to bring this up....didn't know where to put it but it's beginning to get ridiculous:

Quote:
2. Reggie Bush should have been the first player taken.
I don't mean that the Houston Texans should have drafted Bush, but they definitely should have entertained serious trade offers for the first overall pick and technically the rights to Bush. The Texans have too many personnel needs to have squandered such a lucrative, once-in-a-lifetime situation. When owner Bob McNair decided he didn't want Bush, the franchise should have spent the week prior to the draft eliciting potential trade offers for the pick. We know the Saints, who ended up with Bush, would have drafted Ohio State linebacker A.J. Hawk with the second pick. Tennessee most likely still would have picked Vince Young. Now, the Jets may have wanted Mario Williams, Houston's choice, but they sound like they might have made a run at Bush, considering they knew months ago that Curtis Martin was in jeopardy. The Packers, picking fifth, wouldn't have passed on Bush, either. The bottom line is that Houston messed up. They could have still landed their guy, Williams, with the fifth or sixth pick in the draft while probably adding another second-round pick (and more) by simply trading down a few spots. It's pretty unanimous that they were really dumb about not trying at all to trade the potential rights to Bush.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5899636?FSO1&ATT=HMA
Old 08-25-2006   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched just a bit of the Panthers-Dolphins last night, but long enough
to see rookie running back DeAngelo Williams make a fantastic move on a bunch of defenders for about 12-15 yards. Then heard the announcer start talking about the 98 yard KO return for a TD that Williams made earlier, but
didn't see it. When I checked out ESPNs web site this morning, it wasn't even
mentioned in their headlines. Wonder if they showed it on highlights today ?
But could you imagine the hype if Bush had run a KO back from almost 100
yards for a TD ? We'd see that rerun repeatedly all day long, day after day.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
to see rookie running back DeAngelo Williams make a fantastic move on a bunch of defenders for about 12-15 yards. Then heard the announcer start talking about the 98 yard KO return for a TD that Williams made earlier, but
Bush would be immediately named MVP
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #19
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that would have been true and I agree with you there.

I was kinda hoping they would show the Lundy and Morency highlights when the Texans had finished playing their games. They only showed them once IIRC.
Old 08-25-2006   #20
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with you. It did happen (I saw it), but because it wasn't Reggie Bush, it didn't get much hype. You know what else, Wali Lundy, DeAngelo Williams, and Vernand Morency have done more than Bush this pre-season, but aren't talked about at all. Can't wait for the season to start.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read