Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2006   #1
Divebomb
Veteran

Default David Carr being replaced is not that big of a deal

Weird Possibility for QB Situation, but here is proof that replacing Carr is not that big of a deal and people should not make such a big deal if he does he rides the pine!

2003-2004 Brad Johnson 3,811 yds 26 TDs lost his job the next year to Brian Greiese
2003-2003 John Kitna 3591yds 26 TD to Carson Palmer
2005-2006 Kerry Collins 3759 yds 20 TDs lost the job to ??? up in the air
2005 Arron Brooks 2882 13 TDs Lost the job to a guy comming of major shoulder surgery
2005 Gus Frerotte 2996 18 TDs Lost the job to a guy comming of multiple knee ligament tears.

2005 David Carr 2488 14 TDs loosing the job to Sage, It is a possibility!!!
I want Carr to have success. I like David, and I think it is terrible that he has had his head cracked over 200 times since he came to Houston, but as a franchise trying to move forward he should understand that many QBs who have performed statistically at a much higher level than he has who have been canned or replaced! I hope Coach Kubiak knows that this city would be 100% for benching the guy if he does not perform, and I wish people would stop making such a big deal about Carr. If he is replaced then o.k. the guy is replaced.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

The combined age of those 5 players is 176

Why dont we have this discussion when it looks like there is even the slightest possibility that he might be benched within the next month.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
Weird Possibility for QB Situation, but here is proof that replacing Carr is not that big of a deal and people should not make such a big deal if he does he rides the pine!

2003-2004 Brad Johnson 3,811 yds 26 TDs lost his job the next year to Brian Greiese
2005 Arron Brooks 2882 13 TDs Lost the job to a guy comming of major shoulder surgery
2005 Gus Frerotte 2996 18 TDs Lost the job to a guy comming of multiple knee ligament tears.
And those situations all worked out great?

Kubiak is a QB guy, and whatever works for him, works for me.
Old 08-24-2006   #4
Divebomb
Veteran

I agree, I think the whole QB issue I hear on the radio and see on this site is garbage. If he is yanked then so what? It happens to lots of guys who have done much more than Carr. If he is demoted in two or three months, and that is a big IF, I don't think it should be that big of an issue.
Old 08-24-2006   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

So are you determining this "possibility" from Sage's play against second and third string in the pre season? Or the fact that Carr has had to endure one of the worst situations as a QB in the entire NFL? Would Sage or anyone for that matter done better with what Carr has been dealt thus far?

Doubt Carr gets benched this year either way.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #6
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
I agree, I think the whole QB issue I hear on the radio and see on this site is garbage. If he is yanked then so what? It happens to lots of guys who have done much more than Carr. If he is demoted in two or three months, and that is a big IF, I don't think it should be that big of an issue.
DB I think most of the people on this board have a problem with the amount of money he is making and him not out on the field producing WINS.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
So are you determining this from Sage's play against second and third string in the pre season? Or the fact that Carr has had to endure one of the worst situations as a QB in the entire NFL? Would Sage or anyone for that matter done better with what Carr has been dealt thus far?

Doubt Carr gets benched this year either way.
I think many of us want good QB play and really don't care if the name on the back is Carr, Pastorini, Moon, Delhomme or Rosenfels. The past is the past....we just want good QB play.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2006   #8
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
DB I think most of the people on this board have a problem with the amount of money he is making and him not out on the field producing WINS.
The amount of money he is making doesn't change my life nor yours, or anyone elses that professes to be a Texan fan. Get over it. Are you jealous that there is someone in the world that makes that much money, 2 million, 4 million, eight million, who cares. All professional athletes, in my opinion are way over paid. That doesn't change my life or yours. So get over the money. Most of these people arguing one way or the other have no care about the money. They just want us to win.

I am a Carr Homer. I think he has been screwed by the last 4 year coaching staff, and I hope he comes out of it. He has already shown signs. He's only played a little over a half of a game so far. Give the guy a break.

More than a Carr homer I am a Kubiak homer. If he thinks he can fix David, then I believe him. Start a new subject. Kubiak has already said that David is our QB and he is going to give him every chance that he has spent the last 4 years on his back deserving. Get over it! Geez!!!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #9
Divebomb
Veteran

Here is my opinion about the money and Carr. I like to take the Bagwell approach to the situation. Baggs is done; he has been done for about 2 1/2 years now. The guy has tied up 20 million for two seasons and we deal with it because of what he has meant to our Astros in the past. Carr has quite a bit of money tied up as well, but the guy has chances to earn that money and he has earned that previous money. Resigning Carr to give him a chance was the right decision because the team in a way owed him the opportunity to prove his worth. If he plays like I hope he does then we will have done the right thing and Carr can redeem his career. If he flops we move to sage and salvage the season. Its not that big of a deal, and the money was worth it because we did the right thing by giving the guy his chance. I dont fell sorry for Carr at all, so what if he has been sacked 200+ times, he lives a much better life then 99% of the population. We give him his chance and he cant cut it then we move on. I just think he is getting way to much attention.
Old 08-24-2006   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

2005 David Carr 2488 14 TDs loosing the job to Sage, It is a possibility!!!
I want Carr to have success. I like David, and I think it is terrible that he has had his head cracked over 200 times since he came to Houston, but as a franchise trying to move forward he should understand that many QBs who have performed statistically at a much higher level than he has who have been canned or replaced! I hope Coach Kubiak knows that this city would be 100% for benching the guy if he does not perform, and I wish people would stop making such a big deal about Carr. If he is replaced then o.k. the guy is replaced.
Wow a guy plays well against NFL Europe guys and we are benching Carr..............Amazing how this has spread.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #11
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I think many of us want good QB play and really don't care if the name on the back is Carr, Pastorini, Moon, Delhomme or Rosenfels. The past is the past....we just want good QB play.
I agree... winning is the bottom line. But this is really a non issue... the Texans will be a better team with Carr as the starting QB. Kubaik will agree... and you will see Carr at the helm all season barring injuries.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #12
Divebomb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Wow a guy plays well against NFL Europe guys and we are benching Carr..............Amazing how this has spread.
I am new and I really do not understand your post?

I do not think Carr is going to be replaced by Sage but I would not be in shock if he does. It happens to guys all the time who have posted much better numbers than Carr, that is my point of view.
Old 08-24-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever
The amount of money he is making doesn't change my life nor yours, or anyone elses that professes to be a Texan fan. Get over it. Are you jealous that there is someone in the world that makes that much money, 2 million, 4 million, eight million, who cares. All professional athletes, in my opinion are way over paid. That doesn't change my life or yours. So get over the money.
I think you miss the point. I don't think he is worried that Carr is paid too much....but that he isn't living up to his cap hit. You only have so much cap and every cent you over pay for one position you take away from another position, so if your best paid player isn't your best player you hurt the team by not taking some of that money and upgrading another position.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care how much money Carr makes just like I don't care how much money Dominic Davis makes . The bottom line is whats best for the team , if Carr plays great thats peachy ... if he does'nt then bench him . I don't care who you put in , if he stinks he should be treated like any other player .

My gut feeling is Carr does'nt show in Denver , what then ? I bet Kubiak does'nt just sit singing Kum Ba Ya .

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 08-24-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #15
texflex513
All Pro

Ultimately im behind Carr 100% but if coach decides he is not our guy anymore i can respect that... I still think david will break out this year.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

2003-2004 Brad Johnson 3,811 yds 26 TD’s lost his job the next year to Brian Greiese
2005-2006 Kerry Collins 3759 yds 20 TD’s lost the job to ??? up in the air
2005 Arron Brooks 2882 13 TD’s Lost the job to a guy comming of major shoulder surgery
2005 Gus Frerotte 2996 18 TD’s Lost the job to a guy comming of multiple knee ligament tears.
Ok..... to make this a good argument, you've got to show where it has paid off for the team that made the swap..... So far, we've got a bunch of teams that have chronically made bad decisions, making bad decisions, and it looks like you are saying we shouldn't be worried about making a bad decision.....

the numbers look good, but I don't think you thought this out as thoroughly as you should have.

Griese........ didn't make the next season as that teams starter... they replaced him with a guy they didn't feel confident enough to sign for more than one year.

CarsonPalmer....... chances are good that Carson was a good decision...... but it's been a long time since the Bengals have been a football team.

theRaiders......... are looking for a starting QB as we speak...... they are not thinking playoffs.... they are hopeing for a 4-10 season.

Miami.... hasn't had a QB since Marino..... again, I like Culpepper......... and Sage ain't no Culpepper........
Old 08-25-2006   #17
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Ok..... to make this a good argument, you've got to show where it has paid off for the team that made the swap..... So far, we've got a bunch of teams that have chronically made bad decisions, making bad decisions, and it looks like you are saying we shouldn't be worried about making a bad decision.....

the numbers look good, but I don't think you thought this out as thoroughly as you should have.

Griese........ didn't make the next season as that teams starter... they replaced him with a guy they didn't feel confident enough to sign for more than one year.

CarsonPalmer....... chances are good that Carson was a good decision...... but it's been a long time since the Bengals have been a football team.

theRaiders......... are looking for a starting QB as we speak...... they are not thinking playoffs.... they are hopeing for a 4-10 season.

Miami.... hasn't had a QB since Marino..... again, I like Culpepper......... and Sage ain't no Culpepper........
...how long you been stuck on 2979 posts?
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
...how long you been stuck on 2979 posts?
I don't know..... why do you ask??

Oh my look at that.......... I'm at 2980.......... I wonder what would happen if I were to make another post.
Old 08-25-2006   #19
Nighthawk
All Pro

I agree with the guy who said let's wait until it's a real possibility that David might be replaced. I'm _not_ a Carr fan, but I'm sure the change is not about to happen. Let's wait and see how David does in the real season, and let's wait, too, and see if Rosenfels is a realistic option, not just a guy who looked pretty good in two preseason games. The old saying: two swallows do not a summer make.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #20
BlueThunder
Veteran

BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read