Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-24-2006   #1
Jerry Jones
Rookie

Question why do you hate the cowboys?

this question is for those texan fans who already have stated in various threads that they hate the cowboys and everything they stand for.... im a cowboy fan but i like to watch the texans play and hope they do well....i was just curious to know what causes you to depise the 'boys? my feelings wont get hurt....
Old 08-24-2006   #2
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is hate that was passed on to me genetically (sp?). You know how baby lions just hate hyenas (sp?). It's just natural.
Chicagotexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I am trying not to hate anymore, so I'll just state that the reason why the Cowboys aren't one of my favorite teams is...
Old 08-24-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Where to start.

Here are some reasons:

1. Most Cowboy fans are obnoxious. This should be an obvious point, but if not, please read this.

2. The America's Team bit is vomity.

3. I do not like Dallas as a city. All the large cities in Texas are friendly. San Antonio-friendly. Austin-friendly. Houston-friendly. Dallas seems like it should be given to Oklahoma or something because it is just a very insular, unfriendly place.

4. They are not the Dallas Cowboys. For accuracy sake, they should be called the Irving Cowplops.

5. They used to be a team that you disliked but respected the way they handled their business. Now they are a team you hate and can't respect.

6. And no offense, but the owner is a surgically altered clown. I do not like sports owners who think they know what they are doing meddling too much with the football side of the business.

Sometimes I feel bad for Cowboy fans for some of the embarrasing things that JJ has done, until I come to my senses and realize that Cowboy fans just deserve that because of how genetically annoying they are.

I hope that helps.
Old 08-24-2006   #5
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

Well, for the most part Houston dislikes everything about Dallas and vice versa. The completely classless manner in which you got rid of Tom Landry. The complete arragance of Cowboys fans is another reason. All the Cowboys fans can do is constantly bring up the 5 Super Bowls. We all acknowledge the 5 Super Bowls, but c'mon the last one was what 13-14 years ago now. I respect what those teams did and players like Aikman, Smith, Novacek, Johnston (notice in no way did I say guys like Irvin or Newton) The last 10 years this has been a desparate franchise and to show this desparation went out and got the person most hated by Cowboys fans; TO. Oh wait, that's right, you all love TO. I do find it humorous though the former Cowboys players said no way in the world they would want TO on their team. Of course we already see the battle going on between TO and Parcells, happening sooner than expected
Old 08-24-2006   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Growing up in Houston, my childhood best friend and his father were (still are I assume) Cowboys fans. They used to tease me for me an Oilers fan and always bragged, and gave me garbage about the Cowboys. The Cowboys never lost, they just got cheated a few times a year. It was all quite disgusting. Ironically they did the same with the Astros (they were Astros fans) which made me hate the Astros the same way I hate the Cowboys.

Later on in life my family moved to the northeast (New York and Philly areas) and I was shocked at all the Cowboys fans up there. Most had never set foot in Texas. At that point I knew the Cowboys were truly America's team and not Texas' team. Being a proud Texan I was glad I didn't grow up rooting for the NFL's version of the New York Yankees.

Now that I live in Austin, Cowboy propaganda is still as disgusting here as anywhere. So what do I feel about the Cowboys all these years later? ...

[vulgar image of a man urinating on a Cowboy symbol]
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #7
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Well three reasons

1.) Jerry Jones

2.) They signed a guy who disrespected their team, and their fans. (The Star incident)

3.) They are in the same state. Its only natural to want to beat them into the turf.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2006   #8
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Yea what he said above there.

At times its just a Hatfield-McCoy thing. I mean I cheer for them because they are from Texas.

I compare Dallasinians (is that a word?) to the cousin you can't stand because they are bed wetters but you won't let anyone else pick on them.
Old 08-24-2006   #9
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Where to start.

Here are some reasons:

1. Most Cowboy fans are obnoxious. This should be an obvious point, but if not, please read this.

2. The America's Team bit is vomity.

3. I do not like Dallas as a city. All the large cities in Texas are friendly. San Antonio-friendly. Austin-friendly. Houston-friendly. Dallas seems like it should be given to Oklahoma or something because it is just a very insular, unfriendly place.

4. They are not the Dallas Cowboys. For accuracy sake, they should be called the Irving Cowplops.

5. They used to be a team that you disliked but respected the way they handled their business. Now they are a team you hate and can't respect.

6. And no offense, but the owner is a surgically altered clown. I do not like sports owners who think they know what they are doing meddling too much with the football side of the business.

Sometimes I feel bad for Cowboy fans for some of the embarrasing things that JJ has done, until I come to my senses and realize that Cowboy fans just deserve that because of how genetically annoying they are.

I hope that helps.
My thoughts exactly.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
why do you hate the cowboys?
Because I can. And all of the above, too.
Old 08-24-2006   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I started hating the Dallas Cowboys when I moved to Houston in 1967, right when the season started. I was avid fan of Vince Lombardi's Green Bay Packers, and where I used to live, I could watch the Packers every Sunday. But when I moved to Houston, all they had on each Sunday on CBS was the freaking Cowboys. On NBC, they had some AFL game where they showed some terrible team called the Houston Oilers. But that was AFL stuff, which to this eighth-grader back then, was minor league.

And so I had to watch every Sunday, players like Don Meridith, Bob Hayes, Dan Reeves, etc. Speaking of Reeves, I remember like it was yesterday when the Cowboys were playing the St. Louis Cardinals, Dan Reeves was running around the the left end on a sweep when Roger Wehrli came underneath and blew out Reeves knee, putting him out for the season. Funny, I don't even remember the score, but I do remember that play. What's really funny, is I knew more about the Cowboys than most of their fans, even though I hated them because I was forced to watch them.

But the 1967 Ice Bowl was perfect retribution. Watching Jerry Kramer move out Rayfield Wright to let Bart Starr sneak it into the endzone with only 13 seconds left . . . . was a sweeeeeeeeet thing to watch.

And then I had to live in Dallas for 12 years, and I rooted for them to lose every single game they played. And I also live in Dallas the year of the Houston/Buffalo game. At halftime, I actually called my Dad long distance to tell him, "Hey, it's 31-3. No way were going to lose now."

For the first time in my life, I actually hated another team more than I hated the Cowboys.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

dallas sucks.

the team is a big turd that floats around in the toilet that is texas stadium.

dallas sucks.
Old 08-24-2006   #13
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Having lived all over the state of Texas I've experienced first hand the Sowboys fans. No matter the location, be it deep East Texas, or right here in San Antonio, I find them to be obnoxious, vulgar, and usually ignorant fairweather fans. It's difficult to be a fan of an underdog team, it's easy to support a winner. But when said winners start losing, I see alot of Steelers (or whatever team is SB champ that year) jerseys on these same folks! Throw in the fact that the Lastazz Sowboys are thrown in my face daily by our local news media, and you can see why I can't like'em!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like the NFL is always on their side.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #15
Dime
Hall of Fame

I dont hate the Cowboys, but I am still sore from what they did and how they treated a idol of mine from years back. Tony Dorsett was the man, and in his ending years, he was handled badly from my persective.
Old 08-24-2006   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you can tell by most of the above posts that the main reason the "girls" are disliked so much is because of the fans, not the team. I can probably count on ONE hand the number of Dallas fans I have met who are actually NOT obnoxious, rude, arrogant, and just down right pathetic!! I have been around a long time too!! I was RAISED to hate the Cowboys! Just as I raised my kids, and now my grandkids, to do the same!! TRADITION, I guess!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
I dont hate the Cowboys, but I am still sore from what they did and how they treated a idol of mine from years back. Tony Dorsett was the man, and in his ending years, he was handled badly from my persective.
I was thinking the same thing about Dandy Don. Someone already mentioned Landry. Let's see, just the cajones to ask that question is like, we're so good how can you be so stupid as to not be a cowpolkes fan. Mind boggeling. What is the old joke about lifting up the cap...there's usually a cowpolkes fan under there, not an a-hole. Maybe not acurate, but true. Haven't met one yet that wasn't. If it's true, it's not a stereotype. When you're hearing it form everyone expect cowpolkes fans, maybe it ain't us , big fella. Maybe you need to take a second look underneath the hat.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #18
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

I was taught to hate the Cowboys by my father (who was a Houston Oilers fan, now Texans).

And even without that, I would have hated them because of an experience I had as a kid.

Sept. 15, 1996. The Indianapolis Colts were playing the Cowboys at Texas Stadium. My dad got 2 tickets for that game, so he took me with him just to see the Cowboys lose.

The game starts. Indy returns the kickoff for a TD. Wait, we got a penalty. Clipping, receiving team. We looked at the big screen in the stadium, there was NO clipping whatsoever.

I'm very sure that my dad and I were surrounded by Cowboys fans. I can't forget all the loudmouthing they were doing. At some point during the game, the Cowboys fans sitting behind us spilled their beer on us. Needless to say, my father was upset.

BUT, it was worth it in the end. Dallas had a chance to kick the GW-FG with the score Indy 25, Dallas 24. The kicker missed it. GAME OVER. Indy wins!

My dad and I high-five each other, and the Cowboys fans around us stay silent. Best day of my life? INDEED.

From then on, my Cowboys hate just grew stronger.
Old 08-24-2006   #19
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
I think you can tell by most of the above posts that the main reason the "girls" are disliked so much is because of the fans, not the team. I can probably count on ONE hand the number of Dallas fans I have met who are actually NOT obnoxious, rude, arrogant, and just down right pathetic!! I have been around a long time too!! I was RAISED to hate the Cowboys! Just as I raised my kids, and now my grandkids, to do the same!! TRADITION, I guess!!
Well, I can think of a number of Dallas fans that are first class people. Pastor Brian, my preacher, is one I like to tease...another would be WWJD, right here on the good ol' Texans message board. Remember, we can't lump everyone into the same category...just try to convince them to leave the dark side...
Old 08-24-2006   #20
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBearkat
Well, for the most part Houston dislikes everything about Dallas and vice versa. The completely classless manner in which you got rid of Tom Landry. The complete arragance of Cowboys fans is another reason. All the Cowboys fans can do is constantly bring up the 5 Super Bowls. We all acknowledge the 5 Super Bowls, but c'mon the last one was what 13-14 years ago now. I respect what those teams did and players like Aikman, Smith, Novacek, Johnston (notice in no way did I say guys like Irvin or Newton) The last 10 years this has been a desparate franchise and to show this desparation went out and got the person most hated by Cowboys fans; TO. Oh wait, that's right, you all love TO. I do find it humorous though the former Cowboys players said no way in the world they would want TO on their team. Of course we already see the battle going on between TO and Parcells, happening sooner than expected
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan
Having lived all over the state of Texas I've experienced first hand the Sowboys fans. No matter the location, be it deep East Texas, or right here in San Antonio.
Throw in the fact that the Lastazz Sowboys are thrown in my face daily by our local news media, and you can see why I can't like'em!
Basically sums it up for me. The part about TO has made me dislike them even more. How can you except a player who basically did the one of the biggest disgraces to your franchise. In fact, one of the local radio voices, Vex, is so up on TO (I hope it is just a assigned role to envoke respond) that if he could, he would have TO's baby.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read