Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Texan fan checking" ---Eagles response

Hey guys,

So I went ahead and ventured into the enemy territory, to give a little hello to the Eagles and see what they thought about the first game. Pretty bleak, let me tell you.

While everyone on their agrees the Texans could be the real deal in a year or two, most are completeley writing us off as the moment. Lines like,

"Put it this way, if we lose to the Texans week 1 we are basically done. It wont happen."

But don't let that classless fan fool you, they actually some very insightful fans who remember how good Houston is on opening day, and how poorly Phillly traditionally plays on opening day. And remember, we were 2-14 last year giving up 68 sacks. They have every reason to be confident.

The biggest "gamebreaker" they claim is their "massive" DL versus our newly formulated OL. I agree this could potentially be a problem.

Heres the link if you're curious: http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...owtopic=370435

I don't mind the Eagles. Mostly because I hate the cowboys, but who is asking?
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just wait until Mario introduces himself to Mr. McNabb...
Old 08-23-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone remember that site that allowed you to view any teams message board but not post on it if you need a username to log in?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Does anyone remember that site that allowed you to view any teams message board but not post on it if you need a username to log in?
Sending you a PM...
Old 08-23-2006   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I can't get thier login to work on the Eagles' site.:brickwall
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Sending you a PM...

Could you tell me too?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

The only parts I didn't like was
Quote:
why is this Texas schmuck taking up valuable internet space with blather about the pathetic texans...? What a complete waste of time. you guys stink. do the texans even have a website? if so, about they've got about 14 registered users... the lions message board probably gets more use....
and the Reggie Bush discussion:brickwall
Sponsored links
Old 08-23-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Could you tell me too?
sure hang on
Old 08-23-2006   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

here is the thing.. and this is a fairly "simple" viewpoint..

but anyway. The Eagles have a great Dline for getting pressure on the QB, but I dont think they will be able to handle our running game. And if they cant handle our running game, they are gonna have to quit going for the sack, and start going for the run stuff. And if they do that, we are gonna chew em up on offense (imo).

Last year against Denver, Philly lost 49 to 21. Mike Anderson rushed for 126 yards and Tatum Bell rushed for 107.

McNabb got 283 yards and 3 TDs in that game.. but thier defense could not contain that running attack. Incidentally..plummer got 4 passing TDs.

On Defense, I dont see the Philly offense as a huge threat. They lack weapons on offense. Im not saying that we will own thier offense... just that I dont see them coming out and running up the score on us.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #10
Divebomb
Veteran

Philly sucks, they were crap last year. I like Bunkly there DT a great prospect, and I think Trotter ( SFA GRADUATE Hooks H.S. here in Texas) is a class act and probably one of my all time favorite NFL linebackers, a true Texas spirit and good hearted guy. The truth is, every team on our sched. has a W marked down for when they play the Texans game. When we open up that fresh can of GK-WhoopA## on Philly week one, every one around the NFL will be saying "WTF"!!! Dang, nothing like hearing some lame duck Philly Fan to get the blood flowing.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't want to get into it with Eagle fan. I used to live up there and they never think they are going to lose in week one, especially against a perceived weaker team. They will never give you an unbiased thought on the game. However, if they lose to the Texans like mentioned above they will be slitting their wrists and thinking they're going 0-16. Those fans are actually a bit humorous because there is never any in between with them, either the Eagles totally svck or they are Super Bowl bound. They are currently in their Super Bowl bound mode.

Personally I don't think they are going to be that good this season. They may beat the Texans (though I wouldn't be shocked at an upset due to overconfidence), however I think they will finish dead last in the NFC East. All 3 of the other teams look better right now.

BTW, treat yourself to listening to 610 WIP (Philly's Sports Station) the week leading up to the game. Listen how all the fans will be looking past the Texans and thinking this is a give me game, then if the Texans win, listen the Monday after the game. They will be calling for everyone to be fired and benched, quite entertaining. You can listen to that station and others like Houston 610 which I can listen to here in Austin on www.radiomat.com
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #12
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
BTW, treat yourself to listening to 610 WIP (Philly's Sports Station) the week leading up to the game. Listen how all the fans will be looking past the Texans and thinking this is a give me game, then if the Texans win, listen the Monday after the game. They will be calling for everyone to be fired and benched, quite entertaining. You can listen to that station and others like Houston 610 which I can listen to here in Austin on www.radiomat.com
Yes, at least we're more realistic about our chances. I think that Kubs will make the proper adjustments during the game regarding their DT vs our OT. Let just make sure we are able to run and pass. I prefer the balanced game. Our WR/TE should do better. I'm sure that Lewis and Moulds want to do better this next game.

Maybe Mario will get some sacks too!

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!

Last edited by Smash_Mouth_Mario; 08-24-2006 at 02:31 AM.
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #13
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

if we were a perenial playoff team with one off year vs a 2-14 i'd give you the same responses lol
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #14
WILLIEG
Veteran

The only thing that bothers me about that particular game is our ability to pick up the blitzes if there D-line is as good as they are claiming.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You don't want to get into it with Eagle fan. I used to live up there and they never think they are going to lose in week one, especially against a perceived weaker team. They will never give you an unbiased thought on the game. However, if they lose to the Texans like mentioned above they will be slitting their wrists and thinking they're going 0-16. Those fans are actually a bit humorous because there is never any in between with them, either the Eagles totally svck or they are Super Bowl bound. They are currently in their Super Bowl bound mode.

Personally I don't think they are going to be that good this season. They may beat the Texans (though I wouldn't be shocked at an upset due to overconfidence), however I think they will finish dead last in the NFC East. All 3 of the other teams look better right now.

Sounds like a bunch of crazy, but fun, peeps
Old 08-24-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
Philly sucks, they were crap last year. I like Bunkly there DT a great prospect, and I think Trotter ( SFA GRADUATE Hooks H.S. here in Texas) is a class act and probably one of my all time favorite NFL linebackers, a true Texas spirit and good hearted guy. The truth is, every team on our sched. has a W marked down for when they play the Texans game. When we open up that fresh can of GK-WhoopA## on Philly week one, every one around the NFL will be saying "WTF"!!! Dang, nothing like hearing some lame duck Philly Fan to get the blood flowing.
NO, when we get past Philly, they'll still write the Texans off.... The Philly Slow start........ the lucky Texans...... Philly looking past the game blah, blah, blah.

When we whup up on the Colts.......they'll say it's going to take some time adjust to the loss of a player like the Edge....... Dungy's son is still on their mind, Peyton/Tony control issues.....

Then when we rip the skins a new one. They are going to say "WTF"
Old 08-24-2006   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You don't want to get into it with Eagle fan.
Yeah, they are unique. Eagles fan and Raiders fan are the only NFL fans who can somehow throw a bottle through a radio and hit people with it.

Amazing trick, if you ask me.

Here's another one that they pull: They mail an ice pick to a fellow fan in another NFL city, and the fellow fan goes and stabs it into your tire if your car has an opposing NFL team bumper sticker on it.

And my favorite: Decapitation of small mammals, sending you the head with a note stuffed in its mouth, telling you that "You're going to get the $#@%! kicked out of you on Sunday!"

----------------------------

"I'm West Ham till I die. I'm West Ham till I die. I'm West Ham till I die...."

-- from the movie Green Street Hooligans
Old 08-24-2006   #18
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

All you need to know is Philly fans booed Santa Claus.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #19
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
here is the thing.. and this is a fairly "simple" viewpoint..

but anyway. The Eagles have a great Dline for getting pressure on the QB, but I dont think they will be able to handle our running game. And if they cant handle our running game, they are gonna have to quit going for the sack, and start going for the run stuff. And if they do that, we are gonna chew em up on offense (imo).

Last year against Denver, Philly lost 49 to 21. Mike Anderson rushed for 126 yards and Tatum Bell rushed for 107.

McNabb got 283 yards and 3 TDs in that game.. but thier defense could not contain that running attack. Incidentally..plummer got 4 passing TDs.

On Defense, I dont see the Philly offense as a huge threat. They lack weapons on offense. Im not saying that we will own thier offense... just that I dont see them coming out and running up the score on us.
Im just terrified of what jabar gaffney is gonna do to us on offense... LOLX1000
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #20
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can listen to that station and others like Houston 610 which I can listen to here in Austin on www.radiomat.com
Great tip on radiomat. I'll use that page. Another free and easy way to listen to 610 and other stations nationwide is to use Yahoo! Widgets. I have a 610 Widget on my desktop and just doubleclick it to start the stream anytime. There are hundreds of widgets for stuff like that at http://widgets.yahoo.com and I've never had a problem with any of them.

Anyway, I second the comments on Philly fans. I respect them, in general, more than Cowboy fans because they know their football, but they're more likely to burn down their city than Cowboy fans. (Mainly because Cowboy fans don't like to get dirty...the required spongebath afterward disrupts their pedicure schedule.) And of course it's hard to talk smack to Team Chunky, considering they've been a lot better than Houston over the Texans' short existence.

I'm reminded, though, of how I reacted to a seriously annoying Chargers fan who came into this Bull Pen and talked smack to us about the "Bolts," which at the time had been written off as the worst team in football. I ridiculed the guy. They promptly rolled into Reliant Stadium and right over the Texans, and their franchise's rebirth began at that moment. And that Charger fan didn't shut up for weeks...he finally became the only person I've ever put on my ignore list here.

So to Eagle fan, I'd say be careful about writing off those lowly cellar-dwelling teams from the previous season. Dolphins fans learned that lesson from this team. Cowboys fans learned that lesson from this team. I do hope that school's back in session on opening night!

EDIT: lol@Jabar reference, texflex. "Jabbie's got a gun" will never be a hit song in Texas.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read