Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2006   #1
AFD1717
Veteran

Default Bronco Cuts?

Have there been any rumors about who Denver may cut? The odds of us signing at least one ex-Bronco are about 99.985% by my calculations and I was wondering if anyone had heard any names that might be available.
Old 08-23-2006   #2
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
Have there been any rumors about who Denver may cut? The odds of us signing at least one ex-Bronco are about 99.985% by my calculations and I was wondering if anyone had heard any names that might be available.

Please provide that calculation so I may review it. I have know idea what that calculation would look like.

Thanks,

The Hollywood Texan
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #3
AFD1717
Veteran

Do I think we will = 100%
Chance I may be wrong - .015%
Total - 99.985%

Rough estimate.
Old 08-23-2006   #4
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks...

That is good.

Giving you some rep!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #5
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
Thanks...

That is good.

Giving you some rep!
I'm no math major, but I did manage to get a C in statistics...
Old 08-23-2006   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 186361 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The Broncos seem to be deep in DBs and LBs.........just what the Dr. ordered.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Al Wilson and Champ Bailey...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-23-2006   #8
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Al Wilson and Champ Bailey...
Get down on your knees and pray now for that one. lol It would be nice though.
Old 08-23-2006   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I kindly asked the folks on the Bronco's MB their opinion, and this is what they said so far.

Quote:
I think BVP (Bradlee Van Pelt) will be cut.

Which sux because I really like him.

Ron Dayne looks like he might be cut.
and

Quote:
Houston could be interested in certain linemen...such as PJ Alexander or Taylor Whitley.

Cameron Vaughn (backup LB)
Hamza Abdullah (backup S)
Curome Cox (badass)
Brian Clark (returner)
Todd Devoe (#6 WR/special teams ace)
Domenik Hixon (IR)
and

here are a few that may get cut...

Quote:
dayne
van pelt
charlie adams
collins
jackson
nash
powers-neal
miree
knorr
save
middlebrooks
rogers

they wont do it but i would cut abdullah
FWIW.

I am guessing there may be some more answers later.
Old 08-23-2006   #10
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take a good look at Ron Dayne to replace Antowain Smith as our goal line/short yardage back. He is still relatively young at 28.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #11
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I would go with Dayne over Smith, but would Kubiak?
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #12
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ron Dayne

That's been such a surprise about Dayne. For a while there it looked like he was gonna be promoted to the main man for Denver, with T. Bell as the change-of-pace guy. I guess Bell #2 changed everything...
Old 08-23-2006   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
I kindly asked the folks on the Bronco's MB their opinion, and this is what they said so far.

here are a few that may get cut...

Houston could be interested in certain linemen...such as PJ Alexander or Taylor Whitley.

Cameron Vaughn (backup LB)
Hamza Abdullah (backup S)
Curome Cox (badass)
Brian Clark (returner)
Todd Devoe (#6 WR/special teams ace)
Domenik Hixon (IR)

FWIW.

I am guessing there may be some more answers later.

That Curome Cox guy plays an interesting position.......and now...starting at badass...

Seriously, anyone heard of this guy?
Old 08-24-2006   #14
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
I'd take a good look at Ron Dayne to replace Antowain Smith as our goal line/short yardage back. He is still relatively young at 28.
Took the words right out of my mouth
Old 08-24-2006   #15
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller
I would go with Dayne over Smith, but would Kubiak?
Wasn't it Kubiak that had alittle say so with Mike over getting Dayne?
Old 08-24-2006   #16
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
That Curome Cox guy plays an interesting position.......and now...starting at badass...

LOL. Too funny.
TigerV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 186361 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
If I remember correctly, Dayne has had some real problems since the beginning of last year with turf toe....not a real good thing for a goal line/short yardage back.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll get a first hand look at him on Sunday. His turf toe is supposedly healed after sitting out 2 weeks.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan

He's a DB. Definetly looks like someone we could look at. If they cut him. Take a look.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493600
Old 08-24-2006   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got some game time. Maybe a Kenny Wright type of guy for us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read