Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2006   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default My analysis of the Texan's schedule

Im looking to pull this up at the end of the season but here it is, ill give a more in depth analysis on certain games if anyone requests it:

TEXANS 2006 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

@ Jacksonville Jaguars = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

@ New England Patriots = L

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

8-8 is my prediction, but I think we have the potential to suprise a couple of the team's im predicting an L against and finish 10-6.

Scenario 1 for 10-6: We beat the Redskins or the Dolphins (both home games and there will be sold out crowds at these games so we'll will have home field advantage) to start out 2-2 heading into the bye week. Then we shock the Colts (who will have probably clinched the division as usual by now) and beat them on our turf in the 2nd to last game of the season!!! :bananasplit:
Old 08-23-2006   #2
Eagle23
Rookie

why do you think you beat the eagles???
Eagle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #3
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default I don't think I've issued a schedule prediction yet this year ...

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = W

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = W

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

That puts us at a 11-5, but realistically, because we are a somewhat young and inexperienced team, we will probably drop 2-3 of those. Depending on how quickly we gel and build momentum, it is also possible that we end up winning another 1-2 of the L's I have predicted.

8-8 is very possible, at this point.
Old 08-23-2006   #4
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

This will be the year we Beat the Colt's at least one game...........
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I love your prediction Jerek, but im trying to be as objective as possible.

The Homer in me wants to go Ibar Harry on this schedule and predict 13-3 lol!!!

But, im sure you know as well as I do that we are probably going to lose some of the games we are predicting we'll win, but at the same time we will beat some teams people dont think we can beat
Old 08-23-2006   #6
real

The Cowboys defense IMO, is very, very good...Terry Glenn looked unstoppable( along with the rest of their offense) and T.O wasn't even playing...of course it was the Saints so take it FWIW...IMO, if we don't get pressure on a lot of these teams we are toast, because if our DB's were on trial for murder they'd get life for not COVERING their tracks...(corny I know)...And don't sleep on the Bills...They looked pretty good against the Bengals last week....
Old 08-23-2006   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I refuse to predict our schedule this year as I do not want to jinx us. Last year I had us going 8-8. Need I say more?? Even though this team appears to be improved somewhat drastically. I will refrain.
Old 08-23-2006   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Since we took everything else from the Broncos, I am looking to last year's Broncos results for guidance. So that's how I got the Win/Loss for the Eagles, Skins, Fins, Cowboys, Giants, Bills, Jets, and Pats. I think we split with every team this year in the AFC South. I split the last two games to make it 11-5.

TEXANS 2006 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W

MIAMI DOLPHINS = W

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = W

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = L

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = L

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

@ New England Patriots = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

Not very realistic, IMO, but it makes (some) sense.

A more pessimistic approach might be 1-3 vs. NFC North, 2-4 against AFC South, and 4-2 vs. Rest of AFC (7-9). (Wins being Philly, Tennessee, Jax, Bills, Jets, Raiders, Browns.)

I want to add this: I think the schedule is eerily similiar to last year's schedule (i.e., lopsided: strong first eight, weak final eight). We could have a very losing season going into November, and then suddenly blister through the final seven games. It really depends on Kubiak's ability to keep the team motivated.

Last edited by Texans Horror; 08-23-2006 at 02:52 PM.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #9
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W

MIAMI DOLPHINS = W

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

I think this is our most far fetched but still within the realm of possibility record: 10-6
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #10
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = W

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = W

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = W

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

@ Jacksonville Jaguars = W

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

@ New England Patriots = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = L

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

This is the way I see it if the Texans are to go 13-3, splitting with Indianapolis. If they sweep the Colts, they might lose the one to the Patriots.
Old 08-23-2006   #11
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I break it down like this:

The First Six Games - These teams have talent to make a run for the playoffs. Further, all of these teams will be looking at their schedule and the Texans as taking care of business to complete their playoff run. As it stands now, all of these teams have better talent, experience, and argueably better coaching staffs. To go a step further, the opener is huge against Philadelpia. If they win that game, look for them to possibly go 3-3 in that stretch. If they lose to the Eagles, look for the Texans to maybe win 2 games in the first six. Right now, my call is they go 1 - 5 in the first six games, beating either Miami or Jacksonville.

Games 7 through 13 - The schedule lightens up against opponents, but they have 5 of 7 on the road in this stretch. If there is really anyway they are going to go 8 - 8 this year or better, this is the strecth where they have to make it happen. Games they have a shot at winning are Tennessee (actually, they play them twice in this stretch because they are a divisional opponent), Buffalo, Jets, and Oakland. That is 5 games they could knock down as W's, but keep in mind 3 of those games are on the road. Right now, my call is 3 - 4 on this seven game stretch.

Games 14 through 16 - Here is crunch time. Go into the teeth of the Patriots in December and then have Indy and Cleveland at home to close out the season. Right now, my call is 1-2 in this stretch. However, I think the game against Indy at home will be a good one and I have some feeling the Texans will be playing well enough at that point in the season to beat them. Since it is just a feeling, I am not giving them a W though for this analysis. Basically, they beat the Browns to wrap up the season in this stretch.

Here is the breakdown,

First stretch 1 - 5
Second stretch 3 - 4
Third stretch 1 - 2

Record 5 - 11

As I said earlier, the Philadelphia game is huge to start the season off if they want to sniff around 8-8 for the season. I don't see them beating Indy in week 2 and at best splitting between Miami and Washington. Same with Dallas and Jacksonville. This team has never won more than 2 games in a row and I really don't see that changing this season.

Bottom line, the first six games will be a guide to the entire season. If they can get through that stretch at 3 - 3 (or even better), they will be sitting pretty for a really good push to show they are competitive in the NFL.

The pessimist in me thinks they could easily go 0 - 6 on the first six games.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #12
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

I tend to agree with Hollywood...5- 11 is a good guess and anything better than that is gravy...
Old 08-23-2006   #13
AtheGreat
Veteran

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = L

@ Tennessee Titans = W

@ New York Giants = L

@ Jacksonville Jaguars = W

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W

8-8 is what i get too when i sit down and think about it. But, i could see our scrub DBs giving up a big play against one of the teams so, 7-9 is very possible. Still, thats WAYYYY better than our last years record (which I won't speak of). that 4 game strech against Buff through Tenn. we should come out of 4-0. All those teams dont look like much. We'll see though.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #14
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
I break it down like this:

The First Six Games - These teams have talent to make a run for the playoffs. Further, all of these teams will be looking at their schedule and the Texans as taking care of business to complete their playoff run. As it stands now, all of these teams have better talent, experience, and argueably better coaching staffs. To go a step further, the opener is huge against Philadelpia. If they win that game, look for them to possibly go 3-3 in that stretch. If they lose to the Eagles, look for the Texans to maybe win 2 games in the first six. Right now, my call is they go 1 - 5 in the first six games, beating either Miami or Jacksonville.

Games 7 through 13 - The schedule lightens up against opponents, but they have 5 of 7 on the road in this stretch. If there is really anyway they are going to go 8 - 8 this year or better, this is the strecth where they have to make it happen. Games they have a shot at winning are Tennessee (actually, they play them twice in this stretch because they are a divisional opponent), Buffalo, Jets, and Oakland. That is 5 games they could knock down as W's, but keep in mind 3 of those games are on the road. Right now, my call is 3 - 4 on this seven game stretch.

Games 14 through 16 - Here is crunch time. Go into the teeth of the Patriots in December and then have Indy and Cleveland at home to close out the season. Right now, my call is 1-2 in this stretch. However, I think the game against Indy at home will be a good one and I have some feeling the Texans will be playing well enough at that point in the season to beat them. Since it is just a feeling, I am not giving them a W though for this analysis. Basically, they beat the Browns to wrap up the season in this stretch.

Here is the breakdown,

First stretch 1 - 5
Second stretch 3 - 4
Third stretch 1 - 2

Record 5 - 11

As I said earlier, the Philadelphia game is huge to start the season off if they want to sniff around 8-8 for the season. I don't see them beating Indy in week 2 and at best splitting between Miami and Washington. Same with Dallas and Jacksonville. This team has never won more than 2 games in a row and I really don't see that changing this season.

Bottom line, the first six games will be a guide to the entire season. If they can get through that stretch at 3 - 3 (or even better), they will be sitting pretty for a really good push to show they are competitive in the NFL.

The pessimist in me thinks they could easily go 0 - 6 on the first six games.
Those first six games are going to be tough, but hopefully, the combination of our team's confidence going into the season and our teams reputation going into the season will help us win a few of those first six games before people know what hit them.
Old 08-23-2006   #15
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Smile Looks like 8-8 to me.

I say 8-8 with the game no one sees us winning at Indy.
That's Texans big upset.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES = W

@ Indianapolis Colts = L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS = L

MIAMI DOLPHINS = L

BYE WEEK

@ Dallas Cowboys = L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS = W

@ Tennessee Titans = L

@ New York Giants = L

BUFFALO BILLS = W

@ New York Jets = W

@ Oakland Raiders = W

TENNESSEE TITANS = W

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS = W

CLEVELAND BROWNS = W
Old 08-23-2006   #16
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Why is everyone convinced we are losing to the Redskins and Jaguars again?
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #17
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
The Cowboys defense IMO, is very, very good...Terry Glenn looked unstoppable( along with the rest of their offense) and T.O wasn't even playing...of course it was the Saints so take it FWIW...IMO, if we don't get pressure on a lot of these teams we are toast, because if our DB's were on trial for murder they'd get life for not COVERING their tracks...(corny I know)...And don't sleep on the Bills...They looked pretty good against the Bengals last week....

The best part about playing the Cowboys is Bledsoe is very slow. If our passrush is working he wil have a long day. He has a longer then avg drop back/ release time, and we really could win that game (But only if we are getting to him.).
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #18
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXwithanX

I think we could get a split with the Jags, and the Skins are a very solid team on both sides. Its going to be hard to say anything for sure until the reg season. Every year I think I know who the best teams are, and for the most part it turns out different at the end of the year. Who picked Pitt or Seattle to be in the superbowl? I knew both had good teams, but I never saw that happening. Seattle always dropped passes and the Stealers always fizzled out.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #19
jdog
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXwithanX
I think we will at least win one game against Jacksonville if not both games. We have a good history against them.

We can beat Washington because the game is early in the season, and I do not think Washington will play well on the road early in the season. They only played well on the road last year when they were faced with not making the playoffs. It's a weak argument, but I think it will make a difference.
Old 08-23-2006   #20
JAXwithanX
Veteran

I'm not saying the Redskins are a bad team....but with their QB situation i could hardly call it an automatic loss. QB is such a big part of a team.

And the Jaguars haven't done anything to make me thing they are capable of beating us twice. Leftwich hasn't ever hit where people have expected...and Matt Jones better fill in that new Number 1 receiver spot quickly.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read