Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPNs Impact Player with MW, Weaver, and Kubiak!!

Did anyone catch this on sportscenter tonigth? It was great! Everyone spoke so highly of Mario Williams. Kubiak explained why they love him, Weaver explained how great he is, and MW spoke about how much he's already learning. They then did a fact or fiction:

Kubiak is a more important addition to the Texans than Mario Williams: Consensus ? Fact (100%)

Mario Williams will get more sacks than Reggie Bush will get TDs: Consensus? Fact (100%!) Both said MW shoul dget between 8 and 10 sacks, while Bush will get between 6-7 TDs

Houston Texans will get a top 5 pick next season: Consensus? Split (50% Fact, 50% Fiction)

Pretty good review from the ESPN anti-Texans!
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'll catch the replay tmw morning.
Old 08-22-2006   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

They should be replaying it at 10.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
They should be replaying it at 10.
yeah, i'm watching now. talking about the jets and curtis martin's future. approx. how far into the show was it before they started talking about texans?
Old 08-22-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, did they show it at 10:00? I'm seeing the Jets right now.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's about the come on!

Old 08-22-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

its on
Old 08-22-2006   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

i like how right after sportscenter talks about mario improving our defense, they show a clip of shaun alexander burning our d. it was seriously the first thing they showed after they talked about mario...
Old 08-22-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stink said he was the PERFECT pick for the Texans. Mmmm, and on ESPN. Go figure.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Too short. I need more.

Old 08-22-2006   #11
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Stink said he was the PERFECT pick for the Texans. Mmmm, and on ESPN. Go figure.
Did you notice that it was former linemen saying it? =) I just hope Mario can make the 3 people or so on ESPN who have taken our side look good.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #12
Divebomb
Veteran

This is just my opinion and I hope I dont smash any toes. I hope it was a good show; I am on an ESPN boycott until they decide to stop trashing Texas teams. They constantly belittle our teams and they single handedly ran enough propaganda for Reggie Bush you would have thought he had a contract with the company. Hell how many years in a row are they going to rank Ohio State as the best team in the country for College football during the preseason, and how much Yankees-Redsox crap can a show vomit out every day. I canít believe people pay for that crap. NFL Network, and Fox-Sports online is all I need to keep me updated.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

isn't reggie in thier fantasy football league commercials. yeah, it'd be beneficial to them to put reggie on a platinum pedestal.
Old 08-23-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
This is just my opinion and I hope I dont smash any toes. I hope it was a good show; I am on an ESPN boycott until they decide to stop trashing Texas teams. They constantly belittle our teams and they single handedly ran enough propaganda for Reggie Bush you would have thought he had a contract with the company. Hell how many years in a row are they going to rank Ohio State as the best team in the country for College football during the preseason, and how much Yankees-Redsox crap can a show vomit out every day. I canít believe people pay for that crap. NFL Network, and Fox-Sports online is all I need to keep me updated.
I don't blame you. I pretty much only watch it when I know the Texans will be shown or talked about, but then, that's about the only time I bother to watch TV at all.

Old 08-23-2006   #15
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

at the 24th minute of the broadcast, provided they broadcast it in the same order. i like how MW called him "a running back."
Old 08-23-2006   #16
phan1
All Pro

I wouldn't diss on ESPN too much cause they're all bandwagon hoppers. When you're good, than they think you're the best NFL team ever. When you suck, you might as well be worth doggie-doo. We just need to win some games, and then they suddenly won't stop shutting up about how good we are. That's all there is to it.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #17
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Maybe ESPN is being nice to cover their backsides.

Bush has a bad game against the Cowboys, ESPN says opps, maybe Reggie isn't going to be the second coming. So lets go and have several people say Mario was a good pick. Now no matter what happens, ESPN will have several experts (I use that word loosely) that can say "I told you that "insert Players name here" should have been the 1st pick.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #18
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve
at the 24th minute of the broadcast, provided they broadcast it in the same order. i like how MW called him "a running back."
I noticed that little comment also. Thought is was great on Mario's part.

"a running back"
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, no offense to us (the Texans and their fans), but why should we deserve any media coverage at all? Last year we went 2-14, and could have very easily gone 0-16. We were unbelievably bad last year. That doesn't build up good ratings or a fan base.

Unless we prove ourselves, then they won't talk about us. I remember distincly hearing about the Texans prior to last season as an up and coming team. Too bad we blew our media momentum
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
Maybe ESPN is being nice to cover their backsides.

Bush has a bad game against the Cowboys, ESPN says opps, maybe Reggie isn't going to be the second coming. So lets go and have several people say Mario was a good pick. Now no matter what happens, ESPN will have several experts (I use that word loosely) that can say "I told you that "insert Players name here" should have been the 1st pick.
I think this is right on the money. If you noticed right after that they had a segment all of a sudden on why Reggie wont be the reason the Saints go to the playoffs.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read