Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: In your opinion...... which line-up provided the most pressure??
Williams--Robaire--Weaver--Babin 5 8.33%
Babin--TJ--Seth--Peek 3 5.00%
Babin--TJ--Williams--Peek 11 18.33%
Weaver--Robair--TJ--Williams.... 14 23.33%
Williams....TJ....Robaire....Peek 27 45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Poll: Houston's Bull Rush??

Tell me what you think...... in our first two Preseason games, which line up do you think got the most pressure on the QB??

Williams...... Robair...... Weaver...... Babin.....

Babin..... TJ..... Seth...... Peek...

Babin....... TJ..... Williams....... Peek.....

Weaver..... Robaire...... TJ...... Williams.....
Old 08-22-2006   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #3
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Where's Williams....TJ....Robaire....Peek?
Old 08-22-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac48
Where's Williams....TJ....Robaire....Peek?
you're right, I should have at least put an other option....... if the mods could do that for me, I'd appreciate it....

there are a couple of other formations I didn't put in there........ I'm lazy.
Old 08-22-2006   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
you're right, I should have at least put an other option....... if the mods could do that for me, I'd appreciate it....

there are a couple of other formations I didn't put in there........ I'm lazy.
added
Old 08-22-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari
added
Wow...... that was quick.. thanks........
Old 08-22-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Williams - TJ - Seth - Peek
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2006   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Peek - Weaver - TJ - Williams
Old 08-23-2006   #9
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
Peek - Weaver - TJ - Williams
agree! but i would switch Tj and Weaver.

This is how I set up my Madden '07..Texans, and beat 'dem Boys' lastnight.

Last edited by Blu; 08-23-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #10
real

Weaver...Johnson...Payne....Williams(starting line up)

Babin....Johnson...Mario....Peek(passing situations)

Last edited by real; 08-23-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-23-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Here! here!

I think Weaver is a monster DE! Weaver > Peek and Babs!
Exactly...and Since Weaver is a better Strong side DE than he is a DT I feel like this is our best overall lineup....And it allows Mario to move to the weak side(which is where I thought he should have been in the first place) and use his athleticism....Also, at this point.....I feel like TJ has played better than anyother DT and I think he will be our best DT this season...
Old 08-23-2006   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to admit that I do like the idea of Payne and Williams on the right side.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I have to admit that I do like the idea of Payne and Williams on the right side.
Thus far, Payne has yet to impress me as much compared to the rest of the DTs. I used to be very high on him. IMO, he has yet to perform well since the transition. I'm for: Weaver, TJ, Smith, Mario.
Old 08-23-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
Thus far, Payne has yet to impress me as much compared to the rest of the DTs. I used to be very high on him. IMO, he has yet to perform well since the transition. I'm for: Weaver, TJ, Smith, Mario.
I haven't been able to SEE anything. :brickwall

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #15
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
That line-up would work too...really IMO, it doesn't make much difference between smith and payne...just as long as the other three are there
Old 08-23-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I've yet to see Weaver impress at the DE position. Especially not as much as we've seen Babin & Peek. But if you guys think he's doing better than Babin & Peek, then he must be a Monster..... so I'll wait and see.

Tackles, Hands down, I'd say our most impressive Combo has been Mario & TJ..... followed closely by TJ & Seth..... Seth just won't quit.
Old 08-23-2006   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
That line-up would work too...really IMO, it doesn't make much difference between smith and payne...just as long as the other three are there
I totally agree with you there. The only reason I didn't include Payne in it was because the plays I did notice him in were not good at all. One of them being a TD for the Chiefs. Robaires had a few decent tackles that came to mind.
Old 08-23-2006   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I've yet to see Weaver impress at the DE position. Especially not as much as we've seen Babin & Peek. But if you guys think he's doing better than Babin & Peek, then he must be a Monster..... so I'll wait and see.

Tackles, Hands down, I'd say our most impressive Combo has been Mario & TJ..... followed closely by TJ & Seth..... Seth just won't quit.
I think Peek and Babs will see time on passing situations.
Old 08-23-2006   #19
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck
i agree. williams lined up next to peek was unstoppable.
Old 08-23-2006   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek might not be able to cover or stop the run but he sure can find the QB!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read