Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-22-2006   #1
Sportsfan
All Pro

Default Now i know why everyone on here bashes Joe Theismann

I never watched a lot of games on ESPN(i guess i'm stuck now since MNF is on ESPN) so i never understood all the Joe T. bashing. Well last night I heard Joe at his finest.

Sometime during 1st qtr he's talking about how Bush is going to be electric on EVERY play and make defenders look like fools, yada yada yada.

2nd qtr he says something about how on every play you can't expect Bush to break away and do what he did at USC b/c this is the NFL and these guys are faster and tougher.
Talk about a freaking 180. LOL!

I heard a few more of these contradictions of his throughout the game as well.
Jeez does ESPN not listen to their broadcasters and coach them on occassion? Kind of like you'd have a performance review at your job.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
I never watched a lot of games on ESPN(i guess i'm stuck now since MNF is on ESPN) so i never understood all the Joe T. bashing. Well last night I heard Joe at his finest.

Sometime during 1st qtr he's talking about how Bush is going to be electric on EVERY play and make defenders look like fools, yada yada yada.

2nd qtr he says something about how on every play you can't expect Bush to break away and do what he did at USC b/c this is the NFL and these guys are faster and tougher.
Talk about a freaking 180. LOL!

I heard a few more of these contradictions of his throughout the game as well.
Jeez does ESPN not listen to their broadcasters and coach them on occassion? Kind of like you'd have a performance review at your job.
I agree, he's bad. That other whimpy looking guy, Kornholio or something like that. That dudes a complete joke.
Old 08-22-2006   #3
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i hate joe t.

i didn't care about him, untill he started makin stupid ass comments about ricky williams, i know ricky isnt the best guy there is, but the fact is that you don't disrespect former UT players, no matter who they are, unless of course there name is Kwami Cavil
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
i hate joe t.

i didn't care about him, untill he started makin stupid ass comments about ricky williams, i know ricky isnt the best guy there is, but the fact is that you don't disrespect former UT players, no matter who they are, unless of course there name is Kwami Cavil
Wait, where did that rule come from? I have no problem with Joe Theismann criticizing Ricky Williams. Who cares if he's from UT? He's screwed up his life.

It's the rest of Joe T I don't like. He makes dumb comments while commentating on a game. Kornheiser I don't mind. He wasn't awful in the booth. Him and Mike Tirico would be much better than including Theismann in the bunch.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #5
real

Joe Theisman is fullof himself, and Ilike the way "kornholio" kinda keeps him in check...
Old 08-22-2006   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought people didn't like Theisman because they think he's too opinionated?
In regards to his take on Bush, I didn't hear his earlier remarks, but basically
agree with what I did hear him say which was Bush is not a conventional running back, but must have situations where he can be isolated on players
in "space". And he must learn that the NFL has many athletes and speed guys
on his level and it just ain't gonna be like playing against USCs opponents.
I thought he was a bit superior with Kornheiser when TK questioned his attitude about Bledsoe, but didn't treally blame him as he was a successful
NFL QB and I can't imagine what TK knows about being a QB in high school,
much less the NFL.
BTW, the play-by-play guy is really good and he's a definite keeper for the new MNF show. Theismans OK IMO, but I can think of others I'd prefer.
And Kornheiser ? I'd much rather have Gary Shandling.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Give me Madden, and Al any day of the week. I couldnt stand these guys, and how hilarious they THINK they are.

It almost feels like a couple of my dad's friends are watching the game with me, and are trying to make smart comments...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2006   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Reasons I don't like Theisman:

4. His last name used to be pronounced "Theesman". He changed it during college so it would ryhme with "Heisman".

3. He played QB for the Redskins. I'm a Cowboys fan.

2. He's generally a jackass.

And the #1 reason is because of a story my brother passed on to me...

While waiting for a flight out of DC several years back, my brother noticed Theisman was waiting for the same flight. Also waiting for the same flight was a group of WWII veterans that were on their way to a reunion. As a sign of respect, the airline decided they were going to have the veterans board the plane first. Before the first one could get up, there was Joe...first in line. Apparently he didn't think they deserved to take their seats before he did.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read