Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2006   #1
Divebomb
Veteran

Default Denver - Houston Plummer will have to sit in the pocket.

I posted a thread about Mario, and this week it will prove my point. If I were to draw up this game plan, this is how I would play it out. Denver, like Houston, loves to roll out predomonantly to the right because of right handed QB's. I would line Mario on the Defensive Left End (The O's Right side) and have Mario play the same technique he has played this whole preseason. If we do that Plummer will have negative 20 yards in sacks due to his booting to Mario's side of the field. What will happen is we are going to cut his boot leg move to the right and force him to either stay in the pocket of boot left and have to throw the ball out of his comfort zone. He will be forced to sit in the pocket and try to manuver with Peek zeroing in on him. This is where we earn our money for taking Mario. He will cause Denver and almost every team in the League to stratagize for the Texans knowing that Mario's side of the ball is a no-no. It is not about sacks its about causing the offense to play in a non comfort zone. Denver is the game where the fans will understand why Mario was the best option for this team as the #1 fans just have to believe in the guy!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #2
KKHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
I posted a thread about Mario, and this week it will prove my point. If I were to draw up this game plan, this is how I would play it out. Denver, like Houston, loves to roll out predomonantly to the right because of right handed QB's. I would line Mario on the Defensive Left End (The O's Right side) and have Mario play the same technique he has played this whole preseason. If we do that Plummer will have negative 20 yards in sacks due to his booting to Mario's side of the field. What will happen is we are going to cut his boot leg move to the right and force him to either stay in the pocket of boot left and have to throw the ball out of his comfort zone. He will be forced to sit in the pocket and try to manuver with Peek zeroing in on him. This is where we earn our money for taking Mario. He will cause Denver and almost every team in the League to stratagize for the Texans knowing that Mario's side of the ball is a no-no. It is not about sacks its about causing the offense to play in a non comfort zone. Denver is the game where the fans will understand why Mario was the best option for this team as the #1 fans just have to believe in the guy!
So what do we do when Cutler comes in? He's left-handed.
Old 08-22-2006   #3
Divebomb
Veteran

Move Mario to the Right side of the line, its not Rocket science.
Old 08-22-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKHouston
So what do we do when Cutler comes in? He's left-handed.
*cough*

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
*cough*

Same thing I was thinking...Good Picture...
Old 08-22-2006   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Jay Cutler is ambidextrous? lol
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #7
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, a switch hitter!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2006   #8
Divebomb
Veteran

I didn't even know if he was right or left handed LOL! It doesn't matter he is not going to roll out to his right this week to throw TD's like he did the two previous weeks. Well unless Mario is out and Babin is in and probably not even then. Tenn D is WEAK WEAK WEAK.
Old 08-22-2006   #9
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Yup plummber and cutler should have a major problem on their hands..
Old 08-22-2006   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
*cough*

[IMG]ORQB.com/image.overrated_quarterback.jpg[/IMG]
Granted, I havent seen alot of the kid, but I feel that he is benefiting from being on a playoff team.

Same with BenRoe.

I guess I will reserve more comments for after I see him as a starter, because I still feel he is overrated, and will be watching.

Last edited by Blake; 08-22-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #11
Wild.Bill
Rookie

Has anybody heard who Kubiak plans on starting this week on the D-Line?
Wild.Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #12
Doom Capers
Veteran

hahahahaha
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

How bout we play the regular way and make and adjustment if it doesn't work out? This way we get to see what we got since it is preseason and we learn to make adjustments which is what we never knew how to do the previous 4 years.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read