Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-22-2006   #1
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Madden 07 - Who's Got it?

Just bought it but won't be home to play it until tomorrow morning :brickwall

Played it at the store and it looks good. Broke a 30 yard TD run with DD and threw for about a 40 from Carr to AJ (ain't Madden great?). Looks great on the HIDEF and the control seems really smotth. Can't wait till tomorrow. Duty sucks.
Old 08-22-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have it yet, but I'm getting it soon! Circuit City has it for 37.99 if anyone is intersted in saving some $$

Also, Texan in VA, how do you watch the games? I'm about 3 hours west of you in Cville, but have had no luck yet finding a bar that doesn't laugh at me when I tell them to turn on the Texans games
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm about to go get it but I'm not sure which store to go? I think the cheapest deal is at Circuit City for $27.90 and Fry's at $29.99. Both are pretty far from where I live. But I can't wait to get my hands on it!!! Happy Maddenoliday!
Old 08-22-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll get my copy at lunch today. I can't wait to play it!!
Old 08-22-2006   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

ign gave it an 8.5 overall.
Old 08-22-2006   #6
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Not that cheap

For the price of $27.99, you must be buying the Nintedo copy. the cheapest I have seen is $49.00, with a rebate from circuit city for $12.00.
Old 08-22-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you email EA, they will send you a $15 coupon. But then you have to order ito nline and pay shipping
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2006   #8
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Also, Texan in VA, how do you watch the games? I'm about 3 hours west of you in Cville, but have had no luck yet finding a bar that doesn't laugh at me when I tell them to turn on the Texans games
Charlottesville? Just drove through there last week on the way to Saint Louis and back. Beautiful country through there, deer EVERYWHERE.

I just hit one of the sports bars, A.J. Gators is the closest to me so I can stumble home after. Have tried a couple other places and have never had a problem getting a game. It might be on a tv in an obscure corner of the place but it will be on. Most places here get Sunday Ticket and have all the games and enough tv's to carry all of them.

If you don't mind being around a bunch of boozehounds I'm sure you'll find it somewhere. Keep up the hunt.
Old 08-22-2006   #9
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Madden 2007 is here!

... And to be brutally honest, it is a something of a disappointment on Xbox 360. I got it last night and played the game on 1080i ... the stadium graphics are nice enough, but the far more important gameplay graphics are pretty friggin choppy. When I get home from work today, I'm going to try scaling it back to 720p and seeing if that helps.

For some reason (my guess: bad project scheduling), Madden doesn't do the in-game commentary. This seems cheap to me since audio file conversion and storage is one of the easiest programming tasks there is. That wouldn't necessarily have been a bad thing if the totally random play-by-play guy that does it instead wasn't much worse.

The controllers are 100% different from last years and are giving me fits so far. Once I actually adjust to the new scheme, I'll let you know how I like it. It seems logical at this point, but I'm definitely taking some time to adjust to it.

I played the Titans my first time out on All Pro and beat them pretty ferociously.
Old 08-22-2006   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish 2k was still around. They owned Madden (when will this EA deal end?). I am going to pick up Madden tomorrow for my 360. I hope its good, but nothing really changes now (not much to change). They should just have downloadable rosters from now on for $15 off of Xbox Live.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
I wish 2k was still around. They owned Madden (when will this EA deal end?). I am going to pick up Madden tomorrow for my 360. I hope its good, but nothing really changes now (not much to change). They should just have downloadable rosters from now on for $15 off of Xbox Live.
The EA exclusive NFL deal was some ridiculously long stretch ... I want to say 15 years.
Old 08-22-2006   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Surely the 360 version will be better than the garbage they put out for Madden 06.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually got the PC version. So far so good. I got drafted by the Bucs in the 3rd round. Receiver out of UH. I've already started acting like a pompous jerk.
Old 08-22-2006   #14
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Surely the 360 version will be better than the garbage they put out for Madden 06.
Eh ... it is, but it's not as good as it should be IMO. I started a thread with those details in the NSTA section and am waiting on the mods to merge it.

I just got it last night and only played it an hour or so, so that's not a very 'detailed' review, but it was my impression.
Old 08-22-2006   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait...no in-game commentary?? So no one is saying "Houston Texans ball at the 40." Even though Madden's commentary sucks and they need more vairety (like 2k did), it was still good to have it. I do mainly just blast music and put the game on mute.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #16
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
Wait...no in-game commentary?? So no one is saying "Houston Texans ball at the 40." Even though Madden's commentary sucks and they need more vairety (like 2k did), it was still good to have it. I do mainly just blast music and put the game on mute.
There's commentary, it's just not Madden doing it. Madden's commentary was okay but IMO they always could have done so much more with it; this guy makes Spencer Tillman sound awesome.
Old 08-22-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I got my at lunch ($46.99 at Fry's for the 360 version). I can't wait to play it!

Don't care about commentary, as it's one of the first things I turn off in any sports game I play.
Old 08-22-2006   #18
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

The game is awesome IMO. I've been playing Madden since like '93 and this is probably my favorite one yet.

It's not perfect, but it has some awesome features.

BTW i have the 360 version.

Pros:
The "highlight stick" is awesome
When you throw a deep pass it like slows down and goes into like tunnel vision and I thought that was cool.
Vince Young is a badass in it!!!
LenDale is good to (i use him instead of CB or TH)
The graphics are incredible
I love some of the player celebrations (i scored a TD once and he jumped up and threw the ball between his legs)
The new lead blocked feature is sweet
The defensive A.I. is WORLDS ahead of any other Madden game.

Cons:
The announcing sucks, i miss madden
You can't cycle backwards between players
The O-Line A.I. kinda sucks when you don't do it yourself
Old 08-22-2006   #19
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Titan Tack ... what res is your 360 set to? (480p, 720p, or 1080i?)
Old 08-22-2006   #20
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Titan Tack ... what res is your 360 set to? (480p, 720p, or 1080i?)

1080i. I think it looks really good. Do you think it's possible that 720p would look better?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read