Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2006   #1
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP
Lightbulb Stuart Scott's UNC vs Mario's NC State

This should explain the bias...Yes, ESPN sportscasters have leeway to write their own recaps... Tarheal vs Wolfpack?

http://media.espn.com/MediaZone/bios...ottStuart.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nnn/schedule

Here's some NC State Wolfpack threads too...you might find them strangely familiar to the talks on this BBS.

http://www.thewolfweb.com/message_to...x?topic=424476

http://mb17.scout.com/fnorthcarolina...ID=60160.topic

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!

Last edited by Smash_Mouth_Mario; 08-22-2006 at 05:59 AM.
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting. I don't have much appetitite for bashing players, but I have to admit this post was pretty funny:

Quote:
Yeah, but he totally ran between these two guys on this one play and almost didn't get tackled.

I saw that absolute gem at least three times in the last 2:00 of the game and the first 2:00 of SportsCenter.

I actually don't have anything against Reggie Bush, but I am surely sick of ESPN anointing him the next Michael Vick and gushing over his every performance, regardless of the fact that he ended with a 1.8 YPC.

I imagine that if he had cracked the 10-yard mark, everyone in the ESPN studio would have been walking around looking like the Enzyte guy.
Old 08-22-2006   #3
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Anytime Bush gets the ball and goes past the line for + yards I guess we can expect a whole hour devoted to how great he is. And how much of a mistake we made not taking him.

Does anyone see Reggie as a one cut and go kind of back? I don't. We had to stop Morency from doing all that dancing too. I just don't see how he would have helped us.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read