Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2006   #1
SESupergenius

Default Avatar Bet: Carr vs Rosenfels

I am making my periodic avatar bet. Here it goes:

If David Carr has a better QB rating this next game vs the Broncos then you have to display an avatar I create for 2 weeks.

If Rosenfels has a better QB rating, I will display a "Bench Carr" avatar to your liking.

Old 08-21-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Is that fair? David Carr is going to play most of the game while Rosenfels may only be in for a series or two.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #3
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I'm on your side. I think your wager is great. Sage has two NFL starts, and he has 49.5 for completion percentage. I can't wait to see who takes you up on this bet.
Old 08-21-2006   #4
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I consider myself a "Whatever is best for the team" guy. And I think thats not really a fair bet either. Sage will face the 2nd or 3rd team, and for a shorter period of time.

Should be a good game though
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #5
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Is that fair? David Carr is going to play most of the game while Rosenfels may only be in for a series or two.
Judge it by ratios.
Old 08-21-2006   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm out of any more bets on this site, but...

Why not Carr's rating against Denver vs Sage's rating against Tampa Bay (Sage is likely to get the majority of snaps).
Old 08-21-2006   #7
SESupergenius

now that maybe a better bet because both have good defenses that run a cover 2. But there is no guarantee that Rosenfels plays all those quarters, I'm sure the staff wants to see who the 3rd QB will be since they already know that Rosenfels is the 2nd.
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's what I bet:

I bet that after that game people will, as always, be in complete disagreement about who played better. You need some completely unbiased specatators to decide for whoever is in on the bet itself.

As far as who I think will play better, I'll just go with Carr, but only because he played better in the first game (IMHO) and Rosenfels played better in the second (also IMHO) and it's just Carr's turn to play better, lol.

edit: Guess if you just go with QB rating, it will be easy to decide. Forgot about that part.

Last edited by HJam72; 08-21-2006 at 11:22 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #9
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I lack the necessary equipment.
Can girls play too?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah, yes...the annual av. bet. Sure, why not, I'll join. I think Denver has one of the best linebacker corps in the league, but I'm not sure about their depth. I'm for Sage.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #11
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Here are the top qb ratings in the NFL right now. Just to get a clearer picture on things.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/prat/2006/pre

Last edited by Stampede; 08-21-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr played better in the first game. Rosenfels played better in the second game. I'm sticking with my story, people.

Old 08-22-2006   #13
Doom Capers
Veteran

you people really are killing me
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

You can bet all you want, but Portis (name?) will outdo them both in game 3, lol.

Old 08-22-2006   #15
real

I think people are taking the whole "play Sage" thing the wrong way...From my perspective, I want Sage to play because I think that will put more pressure on Carr; it will make sure we have the BEST QB on the field, and if he doesn't perform well with the first team then all of the grumblings will stop...I have never once even suggested that Sage be the starter...I just want him to get some snaps in the PRE-SEASON with the first team...IMHO I think Sage will perform better than Carr but we'll never know until they both have equal opprotunity...But how can you state yourself that the playing situations are different and then expect people to jump on such a one-sided bet?
Old 08-22-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If David Carr has a better QB rating this next game vs the Broncos then you have to display an avatar I create for 2 weeks.

If Rosenfels has a better QB rating, I will display a "Bench Carr" avatar to your liking.

Sign me up SES. I got the avatar for you if Rosenfels has a higher rating. It is DC's backwards pass against the Bills last year.
Old 08-22-2006   #17
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sign me up also...
Old 08-22-2006   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I'm out of any more bets on this site, but...

Why not Carr's rating against Denver vs Sage's rating against Tampa Bay (Sage is likely to get the majority of snaps).

I don't do the bet thing, but I agree that seems like a fairer match. Though i will say Denver on the road for a game they take seriously is a more dificult game than Tampa Bay at home when people are just trying not to get injured.

Can't say I particularly want to see any grumpy avatars around these parts going into a fresh season. That just seems so played out. JMO.
Old 08-22-2006   #19
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
I lack the necessary equipment.
Can girls play too?
Some girls are more man then men, so yes.
Old 08-22-2006   #20
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Sign me up SES. I got the avatar for you if Rosenfels has a higher rating. It is DC's backwards pass against the Bills last year.
Just to clarify, the QB rating if for this next game only, not the whole preseason, although that would be a good bet also.

Toro...Toro...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read