Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2006   #1
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP
Default Derrick Lewis? Over Armstrong and Anderson?

Do you like Derrick Lewis over Derick Armstrong or David Anderson? Who do you think will get the most PT behind AJ and Moulds?

Derrick Lewis #86 | Wide Receiver
Height: 6-2
Weight: 185
Born: Oct 30, 1975 - New Orleans, LA
College: San Diego State
Draft: None

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #2
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ
Moulds
Walter
Lewis
Schifino (until Mathis returns, then Mathis at #5)

That's the way I see it as of now. I'd like to see Armstrong on the roster, but it seems like the coaching staff just isn't very high on him.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #3
qtab
Rookie

Does anyone have any knowledge on why both this staff and the previous staff don't like Armstrong? Whenever he's in he seems to find openings and always catches the ball and turns upfield. Is he slow? Can't block? Lazy in practice? I've always liked the guy and wish he'd get a chance to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110

That's the way I see it as of now. I'd like to see Armstrong on the roster, but it seems like the coaching staff just isn't very high on him.
qtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtab
Does anyone have any knowledge on why both this staff and the previous staff don't like Armstrong? Whenever he's in he seems to find openings and always catches the ball and turns upfield. Is he slow? Can't block? Lazy in practice? I've always liked the guy and wish he'd get a chance to play.
i'm dying to know. i really want to hear what these coaches think of armstrong and why he's inferior to the other receivers. does he just have a bad attitude or something? i've heard the line of "he struggles to get seperation" ... does seperation matter if he catches it anyways? the few times he's been targetted over the years, he's appeared to be wide open to me - i'd call that seperation. his 2 catches in the first game came without a defender within 5 yards of him. somebody has some 'splaining to do because i just dont understand.
Old 08-22-2006   #5
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
i'm dying to know. i really want to hear what these coaches think of armstrong and why he's inferior to the other receivers. does he just have a bad attitude or something? i've heard the line of "he struggles to get seperation" ... does seperation matter if he catches it anyways? the few times he's been targetted over the years, he's appeared to be wide open to me - i'd call that seperation. his 2 catches in the first game came without a defender within 5 yards of him. somebody has some 'splaining to do because i just dont understand.

Neither do I.....it's a mystery.
Old 08-22-2006   #6
texflex513
All Pro

I like derick armstrong because he catches anything thrown his way but i think lewis will get more chances he seems to be better overall...I like the shiftiness of anderson but doubt he gets any PT with walters and the others ahead of him...man cuts are gonna be tough!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #7
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think whoever of the three has the best special teams play will get the nod.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2006   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
but capers said he was going to be good....

but this was pretty much his coaching staff...

i dont know what they would find so bad about armstrong. he has had a good game in the NFL....against the vikes in 2004. he makes tough catches and has good speed. im surprised he hasnt been given much of a chance in game action this preseason
Old 08-22-2006   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm sure Armstrong could make it on any of the other teams hurting at WR, so I'm not worried about him.
Old 08-22-2006   #10
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Armstrong DOES catch everything, but the #4-#5 WR has got to contribute on Special Teams, and I just do not recall Armstrong ever excelling in that area. Bummer, but that's the truth of the matter.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read