Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-21-2006   #1
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Default Tacks lookin' to be the worst in the league......

They got strait smashed by Denver. It looks like to more byes for us this season.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #2
real

sweep.
Old 08-21-2006   #3
HOOK'EM
Veteran

It will be a GREAT game, Vinny.
Old 08-21-2006   #4
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Hey Tacks, don't worry it's ONLY preseason....................yeah thats what we thought last year!
Old 08-21-2006   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
guess who we play this week
It will definately give us a good idea of where we stand this season.
Old 08-21-2006   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Personally I think the Broncos will beat us. KC and STL were okay but not elite teams. Denver IMO is an elite NFL team. Talent, superior coaching, and a winning tradition that extends years now.

Will be a great game but I look for this to be more toward a learning experience than a morale booster.
Old 08-21-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Personally I think the Broncos will beat us. KC and STL were okay but not elite teams. Denver IMO is an elite NFL team. Talent, superior coaching, and a winning tradition that extends years now.

Will be a great game but I look for this to be more toward a learning experience than a morale booster.
I don't know if i'd go as far as to say we'll lose... i think there's a possibility that we might win. kubiak's gonna be gunning for a W.
Old 08-21-2006   #8
SESupergenius

Traditionally the Rams and the Chiefs were always at the top of the league in offensive scoring, but with the transition of new coaches with those teams, it's very hard to tell where our defense stands at this point. This game is pretty much going to tell us where we lay both on offense and defense.
Old 08-21-2006   #9
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

So if the Broncos beat us 38-10 then what will we say about ourselves, that's why I will hold all comments until Sunday after 10
Old 08-21-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Vizzl
So if the Broncos beat us 38-10 then what will we say about ourselves, that's why I will hold all comments until Sunday after 10
I hear ya. A wise man once told me "if you speak, speak from proof"
Old 08-21-2006   #11
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
I hear ya. A wise man once told me "if you speak, speak from proof"
Sorry but at one point I will steal that saying, I speak from proof
Old 08-21-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I ain't sayin' anything. Pre-season wins are nice, but nothing to base projections on.

Coming off a 2-14 season, I don't want to risk bad karma by predicting one of our rivals will suck. It just doesn't feel right at the moment.
Old 08-22-2006   #13
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I ain't sayin' anything. Pre-season wins are nice, but nothing to base projections on.

Coming off a 2-14 season, I don't want to risk bad karma by predicting one of our rivals will suck. It just doesn't feel right at the moment.

I think we can safely circumvent bad karma by stating that all of our rivals suck, and the Tacks are one of them...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

At the end of the year, the Tacks will say:

"We are NOT the worst team in this league....because we didn't draft a bust at #2," lol.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #15
TNTitan
Veteran

this is sad. 2-14 team talking down to us
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #16
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTitan
this is sad. 2-14 team talking down to us
Even though i'm not an advocate of talking about anyone in the preseason(colts seem to have a losing PS record year after year), 2-14 was last year, 35-10 was last week their is really no comparison. By the way what was the Titans record last year, where did you guys draft....

Don't be such a
Old 08-22-2006   #17
TNTitan
Veteran

did i say we are going to beat you all this year? nope, try reading my post first
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #18
D-Vizzl
Veteran

I'm not following, if you read the posts I said earlier don't dis the titans when we haven't played the Broncos yet, your post was off base and this thread has nothing to do with last year, never said you said anything. Anyway this is useless because I was just kidding with you about the clown thing, don't take it personal, this is how I am in everyday life, I like to laugh!!
Old 08-22-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Vizzl
I'm not following, if you read the posts I said earlier don't dis the titans when we haven't played the Broncos yet, your post was off base and this thread has nothing to do with last year, never said you said anything. Anyway this is useless because I was just kidding with you about the clown thing, don't take it personal, this is how I am in everyday life, I like to laugh!!
It's good to laugh. Laughter leads the way to a happy life.
Old 08-28-2006   #20
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
guess who we play this week
Like I said Vinny, They got SMASHED!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read