Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2006   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PBuch... two way player?

As I was watching PBuch make some pretty good punt returns Saturday, I couldn't help wondering how he'd make out as a receiver.
As much as he seems to like avoiding contact, maybe he should try his skills on the other side of the ball.
I know that there are many variables like route running, blocking and such, but I don't think it can be denied that he has the ability to make things happen with the ball.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
As I was watching PBuch make some pretty good punt returns Saturday, I couldn't help wondering how he'd make out as a receiver.
As much as he seems to like avoiding contact, maybe he should try his skills on the other side of the ball.
I know that there are many variables like route running, blocking and such, but I don't think it can be denied that he has the ability to make things happen with the ball.
Catching. Catching is a good thing to have in a receiver.
Old 08-21-2006   #3
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting thought, kinda like Atlanta is trying with D. Hall.

I think he's too fragile though.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #4
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
When I saw this thread, this is NOT what I expected. I thought you were going to speak to how he helps both teams.

The best thing the coaching staff can do is let him return punts, as long as he is going to run 30 - 35 yards before he steps out of bounds.
Old 08-21-2006   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a thought, but don't forget about P-Burnts well know aversion to contact.
WRs are expected to block in Kubiaks system.
And what about going over the middle ? Would P-Burnt's upper limbs instantly shrivel and assume the alligator-arm posture upon the blur of an approaching defender in his peripheral vision, or in his imagination ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Catching. Catching is a good thing to have in a receiver.
Does he have a reputation for having questionable hands? I know he's made a few INTs, I thought maybe he had decent hands...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

false...he would have to be good at playing one way first.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2006   #8
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
false...he would have to be good at playing one way first.
LOL, I like that. But yeah, if he's not a very physical guy, I don't see how he's going to catch balls in the middle with a safety breathing down his neck.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He takes hits when running back punts. If we're gonna ever run a reverse, which I know is somewhat rare in the NFL, I wouldn't mind seeing Buchannon end up with it. Course, receivers do have to catch and it sounds like maybe he can't. I don't know.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read