Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2006   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default Who will lead the D in sacks?

With the renewed enthusiasm on Defense and a much better scheme on Defense. Who do you think will lead this team in sacks this year? IMO I think Peek has an excellent chance to lead, but only playing in certain situations and watching Greenwood in the backfeild a few times, I think it will be between them two. Possible double digits! What do you think?
Old 08-21-2006   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek could be our version of Robert Mathis.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #3
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Peek seems the obvious candidate. Possibly one of our LBs, depending on whether or not we start blitzing more. I think Mario will receive too much attention throughout the year, which will free up our other players to pick up a lot of sacks. I still see Mario finishing with 8-10.
Old 08-21-2006   #4
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

peek. doesnt mean mario wont do well either
Old 08-21-2006   #5
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

They will not be able to double Peek as long as Mario is out there. So even if he is giving them hell the most I can think of them doing is having their back focus on helping on him.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #6
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am leaning towrd Peek, but I think if Orr gets some decent playing time he will have some good #'s as well. That guy has a motor and he finds the ball. Peek is an all out pass rusher who doesn't stop when he pins his ears back. It's going to be a great year!!!
Old 08-21-2006   #7
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

The way they seem to like to put Mario at DT, I'm going to say Peek.
Old 08-21-2006   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I think the sacks will be spread out. I don't think we've seen all of what our D is going to do. We've seen a few blitzes/stunts, but I still beleive there's more to come (hopefully). That'll spread the sack numbers around a bit to the DBs and LBs. Peek, Mario and Babin should get thier share, but let's not forget about the LBs and DBs.
Old 08-21-2006   #9
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

My vote for sack leader is Mario =)

However I love the fact that we can have this topic. Last year it would have been something like "Who will give up the most sacks on our O-line" because god knows we were not pressuring their passer.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #10
Doom Capers
Veteran

it is hard to say
everyone has jumped on the peek bandwagon

i'd go with weaver or johnson if he can start, mario is going to be opening a lot of room for those guys on the inside
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #11
K.D.
Veteran

The obvious choice is Mario and Peek, but I'm going out on a limb and say I think Travis Johnson might have a good shoot at it. I think he might prove some critics wrong, including myself.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #12
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Everyone except Babin.
Old 08-21-2006   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
Everyone except Babin.
I say Babin followed by a LB maybe Orr.
Old 08-21-2006   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Greenwood.
Old 08-21-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have seen alot of pressure from the front four only but we should see the sacks spread out. Only thing with Peek is that his sacks are going to change games by forcing turnovers and hurting QBs. Not that I wish that but he has been blindsiding dudes like crazy.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #16
stx-texans
Rookie

I like Orrs chances or possibly Greenwood to lead team in sacks. Still believe Mario will do quite well also. 1st time Peek freaks out and gets us 2 fifteen yard penalties in a drive he will be so far buried in Kubiak's dog house we may never see him on the field again.
stx-texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 366349 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

It's nice to have confidence in TJ and all, but the odds on a DT leading this team in sacks are almost 'nil. If he plays well he will create sacks for the DE's by collapsing the center of the pocket eliminating the option to step up.
Old 08-21-2006   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 366349 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx-texans
1st time Peek freaks out and gets us 2 fifteen yard penalties in a drive he will be so far buried in Kubiak's dog house we may never see him on the field again.
Not if he actually looks at the plays and calls BS on the refs like Capers did last year.
Old 08-21-2006   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough question. I don't know if any one player will have 50% more sacks than the guy in second place. I think the top 3 sackers will all be within 2-3 of each other.
Old 08-21-2006   #20
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Tough question. I don't know if any one player will have 50% more sacks than the guy in second place. I think the top 3 sackers will all be within 2-3 of each other.
I suspect the same. If I were going to be tied to a hard prediction, I'd put Peek in the 9-12 range, Mario in the 7-10 range, and say possibly Babin or Orr or even Greenwood with 6+ as well. I don't see Weaver pulling more than 6 and I don't think our DTs will pull more than 3 or so apiece.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read