Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foxsports:Special Teams ranking..Texans #11

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5...40813162&ATT=5

Quote:
11. Houston Texans: The Texans suffered a major loss when kick returner Jerome Mathis suffered a foot injury in the Pro Bowl that required off-season surgery. Mathis may not be back this season. Philip Buchanon and Jake Schifino are Mathis' likely replacements, but neither is in Mathis' class. Punter Chad Stanley is a directional booter who is good at pinning opponents; he dropped 29 punts inside the 20-yard line while recording just one touchback last season. Ramon Walker and Troy Evans lead dependable coverage units. Kris Brown is great on kickoffs but missed five field goals under 40 yards last season.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess that's about right. We might be in the top 5 with Jerome Mathis. I hope that when he comes back, he's back to full speed in a hurry.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #3
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

If Mathis gets back and stays healthy... and if Buchanon stays healthy... We're top 3. Kris Brown would keep us from being #1.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #4
KKHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
If Mathis gets back and stays healthy... and if Buchanon stays healthy... We're top 3. Kris Brown would keep us from being #1.
Agreed, Wonger... Kris is someone we need to take a serious look at.
Old 08-21-2006   #5
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food

If Kris keeps up his shanking ways he could cost us a few games this year. He will have to either get his head on straight or be replaced. I hope we don't just stick it out with someone that I honestly wonder if he will make it every time he goes out there.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #6
Algebrat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
If Kris keeps up his shanking ways he could cost us a few games this year. He will have to either get his head on straight or be replaced. I hope we don't just stick it out with someone that I honestly wonder if he will make it every time he goes out there.

Was Brown that inconsistent (missing 5 under 40 yds) his whole time here? I just don't remember being disappointed in his performance until last year.
Algebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #7
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebrat
Was Brown that inconsistent (missing 5 under 40 yds) his whole time here? I just don't remember being disappointed in his performance until last year.
He really just started doing that last year. Up until then he hardly ever missed a field goal. Even hit the 52 yard ones.

I don't know what happened to him, but I hope he gets it straightened out.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2006   #8
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever
He really just started doing that last year. Up until then he hardly ever missed a field goal. Even hit the 52 yard ones.

He started off in Pitt as an OK kicker, but his last year was not so good. The excuse at the time was that the new Heinz field was a tough place to kick. I'm not saying that the guy is or isnt' money, but he hasn't always looked very good over his career.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever
Maybe Pendry helped coach him up last year.
Old 08-21-2006   #10
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Maybe Pendry helped coach him up last year.
THere's no telling what all those guys really went through last year. Geez! I am glad all those "so called coaches" are GONE!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read