Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2006   #1
Crazygomer
Rookie

Default 3 More Running Backs I would like to see

I'm a huge fan of Davis and I never really wanted Bush to begin with. Though, like many fans I was shocked on draft day (old news).

Though, I find it funny because Bush could have been in a Texan uniform this year, but decided he wanted more then the contract we offered.

Any way,

I love what Lundy has done so far this season, but Smith is looking a bit weak.

Eddie George??? He's not retired yet. Just a guy like (smith) to help the team and a good way to end his career.

There are 2 guys that may be cut by the start of the season that I think would look GREAT in a Texans uniform:

Chris Perry (Bengals) and Eric Shelton (Panthers)

Perry is a former number 1 pick that I thought was a stupid pick for the bengals 2 years ago because of Rudi.

Well, Just some thoughts that came to mind!
Crazygomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #2
GoTexans
Rookie

Antoine Smith has been a huge letdown so far. I'd say right now he doesn't make the team.

Morency looked like a pro bowl back on saturday (against a very good first team defense). And not to mention fantastic blocking skills.

Lundy looked great again as well.

Chris Taylor looked great in game one of the pre season and didnt get any carries in game two. but they obviously wanted a real good look at morency.

Damien Rhodes could maybe make the team on special teams but at the very least he should be on the practice squad.

Domanic Davis, Vernand Morency, Wali Lundy and Chris Taylor a very nice tandem.
Old 08-20-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Perry may be getting cut by the Bengals?? Wow...I'd be interested in picking him up.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #4
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Is there anything substantial to back up the case of Perry being cut? Just wondering is all, haven't heard anyone mention it anywhere is all...
Old 08-21-2006   #5
newtexfan
Rookie

Default I would like

to see more of Rhodes.He should get a fair shot during a pre-season game just like everyone esle.
newtexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #6
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTexans
Antoine Smith has been a huge letdown so far. I'd say right now he doesn't make the team.

Morency looked like a pro bowl back on saturday (against a very good first team defense). And not to mention fantastic blocking skills.

Lundy looked great again as well.

Chris Taylor looked great in game one of the pre season and didnt get any carries in game two. but they obviously wanted a real good look at morency.

Damien Rhodes could maybe make the team on special teams but at the very least he should be on the practice squad.

Domanic Davis, Vernand Morency, Wali Lundy and Chris Taylor a very nice tandem.
I think Morency looked good, but let's remember his long runs were in the second half against St. Louis's second and third team defense. Lundy did look good as well and when looking at the end of the first half, I think it was a wash between Lundy and Morency. I do also agree to give Rhodes a fair chance this week against Denver. In the end though, I believe. It will be Co-starter's between Lundy and Morency. By the end of the year, it could be the same situation as Denver with both almost having if not having, 1000 yards rushing. Remember Morency did go to school with Tatum Bell.
Old 08-21-2006   #7
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Where would you fit Chris Perry on this squad? Aren't we stacked at WR with AJ, Moulds, Walter, D. Lewis, and Armstrong?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2006   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Perry is a running back.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #9
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

"Many had thought that Perry would likely play a larger part in the Bengals offense this season, perhaps even pushing Rudi Johnson for carries, but his injury situation has not only quelled those thoughts but has also opened the door for Kenny Watson to overtake him for second on the running back depth charts"

"Perry (knee, ankle) is unlikely to play on Opening Day and may be a candidate to start the season on the physically unable to perform list (PUP) which would leave him out for the first six weeks, according to the Official Team Website."
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not Perry. Way to injury prone, worse than DD.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #11
yellowdog
noob

Chris Perry will not be released by the Bengals.
yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Eric Shelton the guy from Louisville? If so, I got no problem with him coming because I wanted that guy coming out of college.

I think we are okay though. A.Smith is doing good from what I hear and that he should make the team based on Kubiak's quotes.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #13
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Domanic Davis, Vernand Morency, Wali Lundy and Chris Taylor a very nice tandem
That would be a foursome...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read