Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2006   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak on the defensive line

From the presser . .

(on Mario Williams’ play last night) “He progressed this week. He did some good stuff. We moved him around again, but he was not as hesitant alignment wise. Assignment wise, that’s starting to lock in for him. He was disruptive pushing the pocket. He knocked a couple of balls down. He made a real nice play on a stunt. He showed up more individually and athletically in what he’s doing. I think that’s only going to get better because when he has to quick thinking so much, and when he can settle down and play, I think his ability is going to come out more and more. We see him getting more comfortable doing that. It was definitely a step in the right direction for him.”

(on moving Mario around playing different positions) “I think it’s tougher, but if there’s a time when we have to find out how much he can handle and how much he can do, this is the time to do it before we get going here in a few weeks. We’ll get him reps at both spots, he’s handled that stuff. That hasn’t been much of a problem. Hopefully that makes us better as a defense if we can move him around. Like I said, if we’re going to experiment at all, this is the time to do it.”

(on Travis Johnson playing well enough to leave Anthony Weaver on the outside) “Travis played better. He did step up and play better. He played with very good effort chasing the ball down the field. He needs to continue to get better as all of us do. He definitely took a step in the right direction. He was a better football player this week then last.”

(on Anthony Weaver staying at defensive end) “I don’t know; that’s hard to answer. I’ll give you all the answer I gave the other day. We’d like for him to stay out there, we’d like Anthony to stay out there. I think we need to continue to look for another player to help (DT) Seth (Payne) and help Travis and help (DT) Robaire (Smith) in there. (DT Earl) Cochran has done some good things, (DT) Alfred (Malone) has done some good things. I think we need to continue to try to get some help in there if we want to stay consistent with Anthony outside.”

(on making additions to the defensive line) “I think we’re going to keep looking. The way the cut downs are designed this year in the National Football League, it’s going to be a mass cut for that first one, and five days later, there comes the next one. For the Texans, it’ll be a little bit like the draft as we look at those players because we have first rights on all of those. We have a lot of things to look at as we continue to fill out our team here for the season.”
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Woohooo! I call first dibs on the Pats kicker
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Don't they have a vet kicker that will be the one they keep and then they have that rookie that played last night? Kid looked good if the cut him loose. Hit a couple of long goals and good kick offs.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

It will also be interesting to to see what DL falls through the cracks that will interest Kubiak and Smith enough to grab him at the expense of who they already have.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Their rookie kicker has been quite accurate on short and mid range FGs, but there are significant questions about consistency on the long.question mark
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read