Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


The National Football League League News & Current Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2006   #1
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW
 
SF49erFaithful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 414
Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Barlow Traded

Quote:
Barlow trade goes down

Apparently, those talks with the Jets got serious in a hurry.

The 49ers announced just minutes ago that RB Kevan Barlow has been traded to the Jets for an undisclosed 2007 draft pick. Coach Mike Nolan has already spoken with Barlow. He has to pass a physical for the trade to become official.

"This is a great opportunity for Kevan because of New York's need at running back," Nolan said in a statement released through the team. "Kevan has been committed to our program and done well. With the depth at running back we felt we could make this move."

It had become apparent that Frank Gore had outperformed Barlow during training camp. Gore was edging into position to be the starter, but because of his injury history it could be understood why the 49ers were not eager to trade Barlow. But the 49ers had pretty good depth behind Barlow, with backup Maurice Hicks, and third-down backs Michael Robinson and Terry Jackson.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=176000
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #2
J-Storm
Veteran
 
J-Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Central West NSW, Australia...
Age: 38
Posts: 254
Rep Power: 0 J-Storm is ridin' the pine
Send a message via MSN to J-Storm
Default

Retirement for Curtis Martin...? They must have really wanted KB to fill in for a reason. No faith in Blaylock and Houston or at least 1 o' em you'd think. Could be a good thing for both Barlow and the Jets though... change of scenery and maybe a breath of fresh air for their locker room...

Good luck to him, hope he does well seeing as I've been a fan of KB
__________________
"And if you're not down with that, we've got 2 words for ya - 'S*ck It!'..."
J-Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #3
Huge
Hall of Fame
 
Huge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Out yonder way...
Age: 43
Posts: 2,386
Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP
Default

Whew...'cause I just drafted Frank Gore.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor
 
edo783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, again.
Posts: 7,708
Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Whew...'cause I just drafted Frank Gore.
I think Gore may be a good pick for ya Huge.
__________________


De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame
 
texan279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rosenberg TX
Age: 35
Posts: 5,668
Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

from www.kffl.com

49ers | Barlow says Nolan has too much power
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:59:23 -0700

Cam Inman, of MediaNews, reports New York Jets RB Kevan Barlow lashed out at San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Nolan after being traded for a 2007 fourth-round draft pick. Barlow said, "Nolan just doesn't know what he's doing. He's a first-time head coach with too much power. He has too much power as a first-time head coach. He walks around with a chip on his shoulder, like he's a dictator, like he's Hitler. People are scared of him. If it ain't Nolan's way, it's the highway." He later softened his stance and said, "I was kind of harsh on him, saying he's a dictator. That's bad. Saddam Hussein is a dictator. I was speaking on emotion." Barlow believes Nolan has not respect for him or the 49ers organization. "[Former 49ers head coach] Bill Walsh set the standard there, and he ain't living up to it." Barlow also claims no one has a good relationship with the coach, except for possibly QB Alex D. Smith. He added, "Nobody has a good relationship with Coach Nolan, and the only person that does is probably (quarterback) Alex Smith. He does because (Nolan) picked him. His job is in Alex Smith's hands. Coach Nolan could be a good head coach, but he's not going to be because he has too much power. He calls all the shots. He needs somebody above his head. He doesn't know what he's doing."
__________________
Fire It Up, Let the engines roll, It's time to burn it down
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #6
cap1
All Pro
 
cap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Friendswood, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 557
Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
from www.kffl.com

49ers | Barlow says Nolan has too much power
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:59:23 -0700

Cam Inman, of MediaNews, reports New York Jets RB Kevan Barlow lashed out at San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Nolan after being traded for a 2007 fourth-round draft pick. Barlow said, "Nolan just doesn't know what he's doing. He's a first-time head coach with too much power. He has too much power as a first-time head coach. He walks around with a chip on his shoulder, like he's a dictator, like he's Hitler. People are scared of him. If it ain't Nolan's way, it's the highway." He later softened his stance and said, "I was kind of harsh on him, saying he's a dictator. That's bad. Saddam Hussein is a dictator. I was speaking on emotion." Barlow believes Nolan has not respect for him or the 49ers organization. "[Former 49ers head coach] Bill Walsh set the standard there, and he ain't living up to it." Barlow also claims no one has a good relationship with the coach, except for possibly QB Alex D. Smith. He added, "Nobody has a good relationship with Coach Nolan, and the only person that does is probably (quarterback) Alex Smith. He does because (Nolan) picked him. His job is in Alex Smith's hands. Coach Nolan could be a good head coach, but he's not going to be because he has too much power. He calls all the shots. He needs somebody above his head. He doesn't know what he's doing."
How do you really feal?
__________________
2006 Champion of Yahoo Fantasy Football League: Go Texan League
cap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #7
edo783
Site Contributor
 
edo783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, again.
Posts: 7,708
Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Well, that's how to make friends as your leaving town.
__________________


De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2006   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Age: 59
Posts: 6,644
Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Whew...'cause I just drafted Frank Gore.
Yeah they snaped up barlow real quick off the WW in drifts IDP league also. Is Curtis Martin a first balot HOFer? I vote yes. I burried the guy five years ago. Amazing athlete.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Age: 59
Posts: 6,644
Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Well, that's how to make friends as your leaving town.
Marking this down as aguy who is young and doesn't know how to play the cliche game yet. I'm mean one week coach tells you your safe and there will be no trades. Then other day he hears it second hand from the media. He was mad from being embarrassed and surprised. Noland is going to have a very short career if he keeps that up. Was Barlow wrong ..absolutely. Was Noland a total a-hole for handeling the trade like he did ? The organazation has been pretty classless for awhile now. There is a reason they're bottom feeding. The fecies always rolls down hill.
Kinda like when someone slaped Moon with the wife beater charge befor the HOF
inductions. Was Moon wrong for hittting Felecia ? ablsolutley. But if your wife rings up 500k in charges on the old credit cards, be interesting to see how you'd react ? I've never hit my wife befor, but I know me...I'd be pi$$ed.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #10
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW
 
SF49erFaithful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 414
Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
Marking this down as aguy who is young and doesn't know how to play the cliche game yet. I'm mean one week coach tells you your safe and there will be no trades. Then other day he hears it second hand from the media. He was mad from being embarrassed and surprised. Noland is going to have a very short career if he keeps that up. Was Barlow wrong ..absolutely. Was Noland a total a-hole for handeling the trade like he did ? The organazation has been pretty classless for awhile now. There is a reason they're bottom feeding. The fecies always rolls down hill.
Kinda like when someone slaped Moon with the wife beater charge befor the HOF
inductions. Was Moon wrong for hittting Felecia ? ablsolutley. But if your wife rings up 500k in charges on the old credit cards, be interesting to see how you'd react ? I've never hit my wife befor, but I know me...I'd be pi$$ed.
Nolan didn't lie to Barlow about the trade.

Quote:
Nolan said Tuesday he has spoken with Barlow about the rumor, telling the sixth-year veteran there have not been "serious talks." But Nolan said Wednesday he has not promised Barlow that he'll be on the team.

"No, I just reassured him I'm not having any communication," Nolan said. "But I wouldn't reassure anybody they'll be with this team right now."
http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_4194460?source=rss

Last edited by SF49erFaithful; 08-25-2006 at 04:00 AM.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger