Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tuesday Cuts

I haven't seen the cut days, just wondering when and who is more than likely gone on first time around?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Aug 29 to 65

Sept 2 to 53
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #3
Trapped
Veteran

I heard Ashley Lelie will be cut. I think we should take a look at him. He played for Kubiak before.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #4
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped
I heard Ashley Lelie will be cut. I think we should take a look at him. He played for Kubiak before.
No way man. We got our 1 and 2 receivers and ther reason he wants out of Denver is cuz he can't earn those jobs, I don't think he'd be a good fit here and could really mess with what we got going.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #5
Trapped
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
No way man. We got our 1 and 2 receivers and ther reason he wants out of Denver is cuz he can't earn those jobs, I don't think he'd be a good fit here and could really mess with what we got going.
gyea, i think im more afraid he might go to Jacksonville or Tennessee. We are set at WR though.

I don't know though. U can never have too much talent. I would take a look at Charles Rogers and Ashley Lelie anyways. I think next year, we will draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round. So if we get one of these guys and they perform well. we would be set at WR for 4-5 years.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #6
cbnjwill
Veteran

Default set at receiver?

yea were set at the one and two spots after that i think we will be looking at the waiver wire for a receiver. i think they are looking for a 3rd and 4th wr. to step up. lewis made a nice play last nite. i think we will bring in another wr and a db from waivers
cbnjwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #7
TEXANS MVP
Rookie

Default who's getting cut tuesday?????????????

who do u guys think r on the chopping blocks
TEXANS MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2006   #8
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Thirteen question marks -- perhaps you should be cut.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #9
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2723 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
Thirteen question marks -- perhaps you should be cut.
LOL. Biggest question last night was "where was our third receiver?" I saw him walking on the field one time, other than that I couldn't find him. I'd heard good things about him the last few weeks but I haven't seen him in the last 2 games.
Old 08-20-2006   #10
TEXANS MVP
Rookie

Default Will Taylor be cut?

What do you guys think
TEXANS MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #11
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoudreamn
LOL. Biggest question last night was "where was our third receiver?" I saw him walking on the field one time, other than that I couldn't find him. I'd heard good things about him the last few weeks but I haven't seen him in the last 2 games.
Just because a guy does not get the ball, does not mean he is not a factor. I remember specifically the first game there was more than 1 time that Walter took the safety/DB and left Moulds with noone within 5 yards of him.

The only thing I am worried about with Carr is he locks in on 1 receiver and does not run through reads. if he does not do that, The #3 WR will not get many looks. Also, if you are seeing RBs getting longer runs is because the WRs downfield are locking up the LBs and rest of the secondary so that the RB can spring past into the secondary and hit those lesser weight DBs.

We have 1,2,3 LOCKED.

Also, it is preseason, the coaching staff is looking for the #4 and 5 and have many guys to evaluate and only a few games to do it. Kubiak knows what Walter can do and what he is capable of.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoudreamn
When our first string QB is on the field I doubt that the WR3 will ever get a look. In my opinion the NFL game is a little to fast for Carr in the pocket. He is much better rolling out.
Old 08-21-2006   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped
He wants to be the guy...............here he would probably be the 3rd guy.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfan Blue and Orange
We have 1,2,3 LOCKED.

Also, it is preseason, the coaching staff is looking for the #4 and 5 and have many guys to evaluate and only a few games to do it. Kubiak knows what Walter can do and what he is capable of.
Not so fast there... Derick Lewis is making a lot more plays than Walter so far in the preseason. I wouldn't completely discount him as the 3rd WR.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #15
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

well then what happens to derrick armstrong? he definitely needs a larger role on this team. i mean i like lewis and he has been very impressive, but armstrong can make big plays and tough catches. it seems unfortunate that he slips to the number 5 reciever.
Old 08-21-2006   #16
Algebrat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
well then what happens to derrick armstrong? he definitely needs a larger role on this team. i mean i like lewis and he has been very impressive, but armstrong can make big plays and tough catches. it seems unfortunate that he slips to the number 5 reciever.

I think Armstrong may slip to the cut list. He doesn't seem to be gettin any love as far as playing time. No PT, no chance to make the team. With little to no value on special teams, I don't think he'll make it.
Algebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #17
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC

Yes Armstrong never dropped a pass last season, that was thrown his way, he is above average, and deserves a spot. Lewis is another T.O. in the making, he has a attitude......when on and off the field, also had a attitude at training camp several days I watched him.....he never stopped to greet the fans for a smile or autograph
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Yes Armstrong never dropped a pass last season, that was thrown his way, he is above average, and deserves a spot. Lewis is another T.O. in the making, he has a attitude......when on and off the field, also had a attitude at training camp several days I watched him.....he never stopped to greet the fans for a smile or autograph
Do you have proof of this? Or is this your personal opinion. Due to his personal losses, I would doubt he'd have an attitude like TO. Unless it's proven, I wouldn't go off discrediting any player for the Texans.
Old 08-21-2006   #19
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
Do you have proof of this? Or is this your personal opinion. Due to his personal losses, I would doubt he'd have an attitude like TO. Unless it's proven, I wouldn't go off discrediting any player for the Texans.
Exactly. Just say you really like Armstrong instead of trying to discredit a player that's currently beating him out...But Honestly I don't think Armstrong fits our system...Kubiak seems to like tall recievers that can run...and of those things armstrong is neither...Maybe if he could play special teams....but since he can't I really don't see where he fits into the picture for next season....
Old 08-21-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I will shed not one tear if Armstrong is cut.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read