Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-20-2006   #1
football freak
Rookie

Default Most interesting team to watch?

which team or teams will be the most interesting to watch this year?
football freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Texans.
Old 08-20-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Texans.
other than the texans, I'll say the saints. i wanna see what reggie bush can do.
Old 08-20-2006   #4
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Just going to assume you ment other then the Texans yes? I have enjoyed watching the Giants.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

The Chargers, I want to see if Phillip Rivers can pick up where Drew Brees left off.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #6
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by football freak
which team or teams will be the most interesting to watch this year?
Other than the obvious (Texans), I'm gonna watch Carolina closely. They have a legitimate #2 receiver now (K. Johnson), so S. Smith might be better this year than last. And with K. Jenkins back on their D-Line, the defense will be good. As of right now, they're my pick to win the super bowl.

Another team to watch closely will be the Bengals. The whole C. Palmer comeback story will be interesting to follow. Plus, how cool would it be to see one of their players get arrested at the 50 yard line in the middle of the game? The possibility alone is enough to get me watching.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #7
KKHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue
I certainly believe that the will be one of the teams "to watch" whether anyone will admit that or not...is a very different story. I think that everyone wants to see how Mario is gonna do...or see how he's "not" gonna do...whatever their motivation, the Texans WILL be watched closely.

Other than the Texans...the team that I WILL be watching is...

I think if those guys can get their offensive efforts rolling...they will be tough to deal with. Urlacher has already started off with a HUGE preseason!

Not until the get a quarterback. Grossman isn't it, and Griese certainly isn't...

Da Bears... just need a decent QB... they are primed.
Old 08-20-2006   #8
HOU fan02
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to HOU fan02

I have always really enjoyed watching the Patriots. The confidence Brady exhibits on the field, Belichick's coaching methods and the passion that New England fans have makes the team fun to watch.
Old 08-20-2006   #9
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Man...this is definitely a hard one. With so much going on in the NFL, you wan to watch them all

I think the Texans go without saying, but definetly Carolina, New Orleans-not because of Bush, but because of Brees, and Dallas(I know we hate them, but my hate aint that deep. I want someone from Texas kicking butt) because of TO.

Side note on the Bears:
If Griese wins the job, can yall imagine how fast the boards are going to light up with QB comparisions?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Other than the ? There's a lot of interesting teams to watch. I'll post a few of mine in order of interestingness (is that a word?)

1. Cowboys. With T.O. it'll be interesting to see if he explodes or behaves. Parcells doesn't take a lot of crap.

2. Cardinals. They finally have a running back. They have 2 really good reciever. I'm not so sure about Kurt Warner though. I think people have expected them to make the jump up to a playoff team for a few years now. Let's see if it happens.

3. Chargers. They have talent. Antonio Gates and Tomlinson. Can Phillip Rivers run the offense though?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Other than the ? There's a lot of interesting teams to watch. I'll post a few of mine in order of interestingness (is that a word?)

1. Cowboys. With T.O. it'll be interesting to see if he explodes or behaves. Parcells doesn't take a lot of crap.

2. Cardinals. They finally have a running back. They have 2 really good reciever. I'm not so sure about Kurt Warner though. I think people have expected them to make the jump up to a playoff team for a few years now. Let's see if it happens.

3. Chargers. They have talent. Antonio Gates and Tomlinson. Can Phillip Rivers run the offense though?
Yep, the Cardinals are definitely a team to keep an eye on. Plus they'll be playing in front of sellout crowds the whole season and the desert heat won't be wearing them down.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

has to be atlanta...i think they are primed this year for a ring

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #13
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

The Broncos will be interesting this year. Jake Plummer will be auditioning for another team next year. Could have a big regular season...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #14
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Most interesting team we will have to watch on ESPN is going to be the Cowboys W/ Terrell Owens.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #15
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
has to be atlanta...i think they are primed this year for a ring
Did they trade Mike Vick? If they win a ring with Mike Vick, it will be in spite of Mike Vick, not because of.

Past the Texans, I like the Patriots, Steelers, and Bears when I get to watch them (not much.)

If I had to guess, I'd say we're going to see Carolina vs Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl this year.
Old 08-22-2006   #16
Haams
All Pro

Kansas City and Tennessee. I want to see if Larry Johnson can continue at the same pace and if the D continues to improve. I want to see how the QB situation plays out in "old Houston" and how Lendale White plays. Also, Seattle. They're a good team that usually fly just below my radar.
Old 08-22-2006   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be interested to see how Tennessee does. Good or bad, it'll be interesting.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #18
Eagle23
Rookie

E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eagle23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read