Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-20-2006   #1
veazeyt
Rookie

Default If the NFL draft was tomorrow....

What positions and what order would we take our picks?

Let's say we just miss a play-off spot and are picking in the mid-first-round area.
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #2
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

edit: guess I should read the whole post before I say something.

1.) CB
2.) LB
3.)WR or C

Only saying C because we could use depth there.

Last edited by RiotCommander; 08-20-2006 at 10:35 AM.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #3
veazeyt
Rookie

IMO I think the answer on the O-line would be free agency, someone who could come in and contribute right away.

1st round would be a linebacker
2nd-3rd CB and WR either order

2nd day -Place kicker, FB/RB, best player available

Just basing my predictions on what we have seen so far.
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #4
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

I say 1st is a CB, 2nd is a LB, 3rd RB/FB, 2nd day may go to picking up some "diamonds in the rough" whatever positions they may be.
Aztequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #5
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

I assume you mean the 07 draft and not replaying the 06.

Totally impossible to put individuals in at this point, but I'd probably go something like this:

LB - Even really good linebackers often don't go until the mid-first, so this guy could well be the #2 in the draft class
CB - I listed this second round since elite corners don't tend to make it far into the mid-1st, but the second tier often lasts into the second. Last year it lasted into the mid-3rd!
FS - Usually a 3rd round safety is going to be the #2 or #3 guy in the draft class
Int OL - Depth in the 4th
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

#1 CB
#2 FS
#3 LB
#4 OL
#5 Best Avlb CB/S/LB Sleeper
#6 Best Avlb CB/S/LB Sleeper
#7 Best Avlb CB/S/LB Sleeper
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #7
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our areas of weakness as of now are the secondary and linebacker corps...The order in which we select players to help in these positions should be dictated by who is available...As far as the second day though, I wouldn't be against us taking a K, FB, and developmental QB for in case Carr doesn't show more than he has so far...
Old 08-20-2006   #8
texanfan2100
Veteran

I'm just gonna put this out there because no one else has. But we may be in need of a running back at draft time next year, depending on how Morency and Lundy work out this year. Davis can't be counted on until he gets through at least 14 games injury free.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #9
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

LaRon Landry, but he might already be taken depending on where we pick.
Old 08-20-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Secondary. Doesn't matter to me whether it's a corner or a safety. I think that's going to be the weakest part of our team this year.
2. LB. I don't know if Wong or Greenwood are the answer. Demeco Ryans is a start. I'd be nice to put another talented young guy there next to him.
3. WR. I don't know how long Eric Moulds will be here, but I think we could use another WR on this team anyway. I don't think Mathis will become a good NFL reciever.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #11
GoTexans
Rookie

Secondary is pretty obviously the weakest part of this team.

1st round: CB
2nd Round: FS
3rd Round: LB
4th Round: FB
Old 08-24-2006   #12
mikoto
Rookie

Depending on FA moves:

1) CB
2) FS
3) OL (interior probably)
4th and beyond BPA
mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Depending on who falls

1) Best LB or CB available (most safeties don't go in first)
2) Either LB/CB (which wasn't picked in the 1st) or Safety
3) BPA
4) BPA
6) BPA
7) BPA
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by veazeyt
IMO I think the answer on the O-line would be free agency, someone who could come in and contribute right away.

1st round would be a linebacker
2nd-3rd CB and WR either order

2nd day -Place kicker, FB/RB, best player available

Just basing my predictions on what we have seen so far.
Looks like the Spencer /Wand experement is gonna work.
I'm on this band wagon...as of today. Lots of folks hot for the LSU safety. I'd like to see a partner, a tallented pratner for Demeco myself. Supposed to be lots of safeties in this draft. Don't know we'll hit on a starter at LB in the second.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #15
Trapped
Veteran

1. WR - someone opposite Andre, or even take his number 1 spot, alot of talented WR's might declare next year. Brings down Moulds to that veteren 3 wr.

2. CB - Someone opposite Dunta

3. LB - Someone to challenge Orr and Greenwood

4. Center/Guard - Starting quality guards and center can be found in rounds 4-6 very often.

5. Center/Guard - same as 4

6. Kicker - good round to choose a kicker, Kris Brown needs the boot.

7. Some project type player wit the best measurables available.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #16
Snapple
Veteran

Free Safety... please.

Then, we could use a corner, maybe a LB, and definitely more O-line.

Also, not to knock Lundy and Morency before they have a chance to prove themselves, but we very well may need a RB.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #17
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would go FS or a strong side backer.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #18
Jwwillis
All Pro

d-line

o-line

TE's

Lbers

DB's

Kubes got it right. He will never spend big cap money on a RB he doesnt have to.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Secondary and QB.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

watching the ND vs. GT game and would love to add Calvin Johnson with Andre Johnson, reminds me alot of AJ, what a prospect

http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/..._calvin00.html

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read