Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2006   #1
Dcol_79
Rookie

Default They are scared in Indy....Well, some of them

Just read this on the nfl discussion board on Indy's web page.

Excellent.

Are the Texans for real
Now that they have Kubiak at the helm, It is possible that they are the team to beat in the AFC South. David Carr will flourish and Mario Williams will be the next Karl Mecklenburg. The Colts better not overlook this team, especially with their kicking game. I believe the Colts look like a wildcard at best and 3-13 at worst.
Dcol_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #2
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

Wow! If only it were true. I love my team, but lets not get out of hand. The colts are still the colts, and if the texans are ever going to make to the promised land, the colts are the team to beat.
Aztequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody is scared over there, the person who started the thread was laughed at and ridiculed. The Colts aren't fearing us and to be honest, with a 8-0 record against us, quite frankly I wouldn't be either.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone who thinks the Texans kicking game is dangerous, should be disregarded. Our kicker is the least reliable he has ever been. We have good return men, but other than that...
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I liked it until I read the 3-13 at worst ... bull. Colts will still make the playoffs.
Old 08-20-2006   #6
veazeyt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcol_79
Just read this on the nfl discussion board on Indy's web page.

Excellent.

Are the Texans for real
Now that they have Kubiak at the helm, It is possible that they are the team to beat in the AFC South. David Carr will flourish and Mario Williams will be the next Karl Mecklenburg. The Colts better not overlook this team, especially with their kicking game. I believe the Colts look like a wildcard at best and 3-13 at worst.

I am not buying that post? 3-13 or wild card?!?! Seems to be stretching...
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #7
veazeyt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Anyone who thinks the Texans kicking game is dangerous, should be disregarded. Our kicker is the least reliable he has ever been. We have good return men, but other than that...
I misread that post too, I think they are refferring to the colts kicking game.
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2006   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztequila
Wow! If only it were true. I love my team, but lets not get out of hand. The colts are still the colts, and if the texans are ever going to make to the promised land, the colts are the team to beat.

What he said.
Old 08-20-2006   #9
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Nobody is scared over there, the person who started the thread was laughed at and ridiculed. The Colts aren't fearing us and to be honest, with a 8-0 record against us, quite frankly I wouldn't be either.
This is a good thing! They won't see us coming when we beat them the first game, and will call the loss a fluke. When we beat them the second game, then they will realize we aren't the 2005 Texans anymore.

Well, OK, wishfull thinking, but I do think they will find out there are more horses in the race this year.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #10
Jags&Dawgs
Veteran

Go Seahawks tonight for sure.
Jags&Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #11
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Just posted on their board first. They are the team to beat, and they know it. They will only fear the Texans if we play and Manning gets hurrassed all game long, and we may have the line to make that happen, but I personally think we need a better secondary or a more consistant offense to keep the game close. I just think we don't want to get into a shootout with a guy like Manning. You want to piss him off, and make him look for the blitz rather then the open man.

I think our goal is a split 1-1 with Colts and try to get sweeps with Jags and Titans which wont be easy either.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

this thread will be hillarious in the unlikely event that we do finish ahead of the colts.
Old 08-20-2006   #13
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

After seeing what the Rams did to our secondary last night, I can only imagine what Manning will do to it. They have got to get better or it will never happen...
Old 08-20-2006   #14
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
this thread will be hillarious in the unlikely event that we do finish ahead of the colts.

Hey, just remember, I have predicted we sweep them this year!!!
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #15
K.D.
Veteran

I don't think indy will be scared but I bet you they will be more concerned about the pass protection for manning this year
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #16
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Mario the next Karl Mecklenburg?

Um, Mecklenburg was a linebacker.
Old 08-20-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright, who gave Colts fan some of our koolaide?!

The Colts are the team to beat until proven otherwise. With an 0-8 record against them in our short existence, I don't think Indy fans should be gripping at this point.

But it is nice to know that some fans are recognizing that we've got a pro football team in Houston now.
Old 08-20-2006   #18
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

Rep Power: 1715 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected

A link to this thread? I dont seee it.......
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Until proven otherwise on the field, the Colts are the team to beat in our division and the Squeelers are the ones to beat period. However, I do think we are on an accendency and the Dolts are slipping. We will be a force in the division in 07 at this rate.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #20
bigcarlos
Veteran

Colts
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read