Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2006   #1
Dcol_79
Rookie

Default doesnt mean anything but still nice to see

A win is a win

AFC SOUTH W L
Houston 2 0
Jacksonville 1 1
Indianapolis 0 1
Tennessee 0 2

Can't wait to see next week and the new Denver Houston Rivalry

(Happy Madden Eve to you all)
Dcol_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #2
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

I know like everyone else it's preseason but I have to agree with you it does look realy nice. Can't wait for the reg. season to start.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #3
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Man...I hope it's not too long before we're on top of the regular season standings, too.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

1st TIME!! We've never had back-to-back pre-season wins.

I know it's fool's gold, but I'll take anything shiny after last year.
Old 08-20-2006   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can only imagine what a 13-3 season would be like .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #6
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Go for the Gusto. Why not a 16 - 0 season?
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
I think the euphoria might be too much for me.

Hmmmm...

On second thought, no. Bring it ON!
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2006   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 56442 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
1st TIME!! We've never had back-to-back pre-season wins.

I know it's fool's gold, but I'll take anything shiny after last year.
1st TIME we had 2 wins in the pre-season period!!!

No it doesn't mean anything other than for the first time in 5 pre-seasons they look like an NFL football team.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #9
Texansfan36
Veteran

Its feels good knowing that we can't finish under .500 even if it is only for the preseason.

GO TEXANS!!!
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
No it doesn't mean anything other than for the first time in 5 pre-seasons they look like an NFL football team.
You can say that again. I've never been this excited about pre-season as a football fan. But, then again, it doesn't take much after 2-14.
Old 08-20-2006   #11
Jwwillis
All Pro

I am excited too. But you need look no further than the Pat's pre-season record during yrs they won the SB to understand it is indeed "fools gold".
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #12
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
I am excited too. But you need look no further than the Pat's pre-season record during yrs they won the SB to understand it is indeed "fools gold".
The last 3 superbowl winners have had a combined 8-4 record during the preseason.

2005 Steelers 3-1
2004 Pats 1-3
2003 Pats 4-0
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #13
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it is just preseason. But, these wins are VERY important for the Texans. It is all about building that winning mentality. The taste of losing is fading away... Last night was especially big because of that awesome 4 down goaline stop by the texans D. Last year, our defense would of given it up. This years didnt. That was huge for the Texans moral.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #14
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

We're doing horrible. Congrats on the good start.

I'm ready for the real season though. As we all are I'm sure. Another 3 weeks is too long.
Old 08-20-2006   #15
K.D.
Veteran

I know its just pre-season wins but my Kool-Aid haven't tasted this good in a loooooong time!!!!!!
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #16
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
Go for the Gusto. Why not a 16 - 0 season?

16-0??? no way, it's a 20-0 season, gotta count these preseason games..
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
We're doing horrible. Congrats on the good start.

I'm ready for the real season though. As we all are I'm sure. Another 3 weeks is too long.
I was over on your board and they are as reactionary and knee jerk as some here are. I'm not a VY fan, but for crying out loud, give the kid a season or two before burning him at the stake. If he keeps running like that and getting hit like that, I am afraid he may not make a couple of seasons. Here's to an injury free season and many and freaquent losses to the Texans.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I was over on your board and they are as reactionary and knee jerk as some here are. I'm not a VY fan, but for crying out loud, give the kid a season or two before burning him at the stake.
No doubt. VY is going to be a great QB, but it takes time to learn how in the NFL. I don't understand the logic of being impatient. But then again, they got Steve McNair after he'd sat on the bench in Houston and was ready to start, so maybe they just lack the perspective as fans.
Old 08-21-2006   #19
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well you've got to realize there are some Titans fans who wanted Jay Cutler and won't shut up about how good Jay is looking. I mean when you put a guy on one of the top 3 teams in the NFL he's going to look pretty good.

But when VY starts to do good and they jump on the bandwagon im going to let them hear it, don't worry.
Old 08-21-2006   #20
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I get a lil tired of hearing the "it's only preseason, it doesnt matter"
for about 30 guys trying to make the team it should matter and it better matter. but there is so much more going on we dont get to see. the playbooks in preseason are a cross between vanilla and a bluff. coaches dont wanna give away there game plan on offense. and defenses dont wanna injure their starters on stunts and blitzes and that one cut block on offense that puts a guy on the IR. so we take it for what it is. cant wait for denver.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read