Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2004   #1
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08
Exclamation Call me crazy but doesn't this look like....

....it should have been a fumble caused by Babin instead of coming up empty with the sack attempt?????
Why didn't he reach to knock the ball out of his hand....evidently he had clear range to reach even his his arm with a nice blow..... Lets hope little mental mistakes get fixed quicker than not. I'd still like to commend him on an overall job well done on his NFL debut.

Old 09-15-2004   #2
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Just a slight mistake, I was just happy it was one of the few times that they actually got some pressure on Brees.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

He might have been falling already. Its hard to stay upright righting through the OL.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Why didn't Baxter catch a pass? Why didn't the ball come out when Wong sacked Brees? Why did Robinson make a rookie mistake? Alot of questions. Just the first week. A new week to improve. Mistakes are part of the game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
....it should have been a fumble caused by Babin instead of coming up empty with the sack attempt?????
Why didn't he reach to knock the ball out of his hand....evidently he had clear range to reach even his his arm with a nice blow..... Lets hope little mental mistakes get fixed quicker than not. I'd still like to commend him on an overall job well done on his NFL debut.

Mental mistake? He was slamming off the edge and was trying to sack the QB. There is no "mental mistake" here.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #6
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
He was slamming off the edge and was trying to sack the QB.

Tell us something we don't know from that pic Vinny. He appears to have enough leverage to be able to hit Brees's upper body/arm. It's like a CB having a clear shot at making a pick but instead just bats the ball down when the turnover is at his disposal.

I'm not knocking Babin one bit and I know mistakes will be made but I was lurking around the Houston Texans.com site and saw this pic in one of the articles...thought I'd post it up and get your feedback in case you guys didn't see it.

Man, you've really got to be careful with what and how you say things around here....

Last edited by SBTexans08; 09-15-2004 at 12:34 PM.
SBTexans08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #7
toronado
Rookie

hey guys (my first post)

Brees' arm was prolly only cocked back like that for a split-second. I wouldn't fault Babin much at all here.

- tor
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2004   #8
geekster
Rookie

Sheesh! The guy got in and pressured heck out of the QB - you want some cheese with that whine?
Old 09-15-2004   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
I'm not knocking Babin one bit and I know mistakes will be made but I was lurking around the Houston Texans.com site and saw this pic in one of the articles...thought I'd post it up and get your feedback in case you guys didn't see it.
When you ask for others opinions you tend to get opinions that agree/disagree with you. It's difficult to discern anything from a snapshot. Brees could have tucked the ball when pressured by Babin, and then brought his arm up to throw it away.

How about this picture?

I think this clearly shows that Babin needs to secure his helmet better next time, and he should've went for the strip on this one too. Forget about making the tackle.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #10
SBTexans08
All Pro

Ummm no, and here goes my opinion.......quite the ramble don't ya think?
Old 09-15-2004   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Almost forgot to call you crazy. You're crazy There ya go.

texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #12
SBTexans08
All Pro

...thought you were slippin there for a sec. :hehe:
Old 09-15-2004   #13
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem is that it wasnt a hard hit like Wong's was. Babin wrapped him up and drig him down. When he made contact with Brees he had the ball with both hands. Once Babin started dragging him down, Brees quickly threw it away.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #14
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
The problem is that it wasnt a hard hit like Wong's was. Babin wrapped him up and drig him down. When he made contact with Brees he had the ball with both hands. Once Babin started dragging him down, Brees quickly threw it away.

Ahhh...see that makes more sense.
Old 09-15-2004   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mental mistake? He got the the QB didn't he? Not only that, but he dropped LT behind the line twice, in his first regular season game. How many rookies can you name can say that? I hope Babin proves all of the media and everyone else who called him a "bust" wrong. The guy has skills, he just needs a little time to put everything together into a complete package, but I have loved what I have seen of Babin so far.
Old 09-15-2004   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wong was coming from Brees' blindside, Brees had no idea he was coming. Brees could do nothing. If a QB sees you coming, then he has time to scramble or throw the ball away.
Old 09-15-2004   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

He didn't think to strip the ball because he's a rookie. Once he's experienced that a few times, he'll feel when to go for the ball and when to go for the wrap-up. Sort of like DL that feel when to jump and get a tipped pass. It comes with experience.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read