Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2006   #1
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander
Default Thank you Denver, but your going down!

I would like to thank Denver for giving us such a great head coach, but we must break you!
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #2
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Battle of running backs?
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
I would like to thank Denver for giving us such a great head coach, but we must break you!
Gonna be very interesting to see how Kubiak prepares us defensively being that denver is where he made his living.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #4
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue
On a serious note...
Denver looked VERY GOOD tonight against the Titans (yeah I know it's only the Titans).

They scored pretty much at will!

I DO however, think that we can take them. Particularly with the "Kube".

Gonna be a game to watch...except I can't get games in Montana...so it's gonna be a game to hear...except I can't get any internet streaming sites...so it's gonna be QUITE THE GAME TO "READ."

NFL field pass offers a FREE trial run as long as you cancel before preseason is over.
Old 08-19-2006   #5
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
I've heard some people speak negatively about the field pass. Do you use it? I realize that if it's free...what difference does it make? But I will want to listen to the games during the season as well.

The only games that ARE EVEN ON TV up here are the Seahawks games. So I get to watch the Seahawks and the COLTS tomorrow night.

Yippie!
I have been using it for 3 yrs... Its not a bad alternative when your not in texas....I was speaking in reference to the denver preseason game.... Its 29.95 for the entire season though.
Old 08-19-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

When I lived in MD, I couldn't get Direct TV where I was, so I used the field pass for that one season. Works pretty well. Can be a bit disconcerting at times as it will go silent during some non national comercials and your never sure if you have dropped the signal or not until the sound comes back on. I could recommend it, if that is the only way to get the game live that you have.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #7
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I think we get knocked off of our high horse a little bit next week in Denver. Denver's looking really good so far from what I hear this pre-season. St. Louis and KC are looking mediocre so far. Should be interesting to see how we perform against a truly upper-echelon NFL team though.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2006   #8
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Anyone else notice that we did'nt put Pickett in last night when the game was on the line? I think that kubiak believes we need to win these preseason games also. Im looking forward to watching the Denver game. I really think that the Texan players will want to win this one for their coach. Should be exciting.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #9
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think that Denver will be a REAL TEST for us. BUT...with that said, we've NEVER had this much confidence going into this kind of a game.

I don't care what ANYONE says...preseason or not...these guys NEED to keep this rolling!!! I am very optimistic...and I am NOT an optimistic person! The boys are doing well and I like Kube's offense going into Denver!

-VS-

Here we come!!!

I agree with you Mr. Luv-ya-blue in Montana, and I'm not a very optimistic person normally either! Although I've enjoyed these last 2 games and seeing what the Texans are doing, I realize Denver is a much better team than KC and St. Louis. This will be their toughest challenge yet (probably their toughest in the preseason), and if they go up there and win this game, WOW!
They'll really open some eyes then! Maybe even some in the media!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #10
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

This is going to be an awesome game. Mike Bell was very impressive against the Titans. Defense, I hope will be well prepared for him.

I know it doesn't mean much being that it's pre-season, but it's a primetime game
Old 08-20-2006   #11
veazeyt
Rookie

As long as we are in pre-season, we will never open any eyes but our own.

And yes, Kubiak is definitely looking for wins, with the players he has been leaving on the field. I guess the logic there is, if Cody is on the field during the regular season for any reason other than a lop-sided win, then The Texans have bigger problems.

I am just glad we have been avoiding serious injuries!
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede
Anyone else notice that we did'nt put Pickett in last night when the game was on the line? I think that kubiak believes we need to win these preseason games also. Im looking forward to watching the Denver game. I really think that the Texan players will want to win this one for their coach. Should be exciting.

I don't think he did that just because of the winning thing. Our offense really didn't have that many snaps last night as our defense was on the field a long time, and I think he wanted more tape on Sage and to reward him for his good play. Just guessing though.
Old 08-20-2006   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
I don't think he did that just because of the winning thing. Our offense really didn't have that many snaps last night as our defense was on the field a long time, and I think he wanted more tape on Sage and to reward him for his good play. Just guessing though.
That's what I was thinking. One of Kubes' comments prior to the game referred to getting a certain number of reps for some players although I think he was talking about the 1st team in the comment, it probably applied to the 2nd string as well.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Broncos game will tell us a lot IMO. The third preseason game is the one where the 1st teamers play more/most of the game and the coaching staff puts in a real game plan. These two coaches know each other very well and what they like to do. I suspect that we won't come away with a win, because the Broncos are just the better team at this point in time, but I do want to see us give them a hard, well fought, close score tussel.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #15
K.D.
Veteran

I agree that this is going to be the must see preseason game for us. I'm really going to pay attention to the battle's going on in the trenches. LOS control is going to be key to whomever wins and I hope we blow they buts right out of Mile-High.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #16
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I totally agree on this being a real test for both teams.

This is going to be a WHOLE lot closer to a regular season game, especially if both teams leave in most of thier projected starters in the first half.

I am also thinking that since both teams use similar schemes, this will be a players vs. players game more than strategy vs. strategy game.

The beer is on ice, the pizza is on order, BRING IT ON!!!
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
I totally agree on this being a real test for both teams.

This is going to be a WHOLE lot closer to a regular season game, especially if both teams leave in most of thier projected starters in the first half.

I am also thinking that since both teams use similar schemes, this will be a players vs. players game more than strategy vs. strategy game.

The beer is on ice, the pizza is on order, BRING IT ON!!!
If we're going to be competitive with the Broncos, were going to have to open up the play book a little more. I don't know how much of it Kub wants to reveal during the preseason. At very least, if more of the play book is not opened, Kub will be emphasizing the need for execution to near perfection of what he will make limitedly available.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #18
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

What do you see as an advantage or strength over the Broncos?
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
What do you see as an advantage or strength over the Broncos?
If they have glaring weaknesses, the Titans were not the ones to be able to uncover them. There are questions about their WRs, one coming off injury (Walker), the other somewhat aging (Smith), and Leylie no more. Their rookie RB, although he has performed better than expected, is not a proven every down back and Dayne is a question mark as a partner in crime since he played so little last year. They'll be relying on "the system" to eek this year by as concerns the RB situation. The last question mark is Elam's reliability almost like our Brown. It will be interesting if we will be able to cash in on these "unknowns" of Denver.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #20
CMoak1982
Rookie

All in all I think that this game will come down to who has the better defense or run defense that night. Very similar offensive schemes, both teams practice against it everyday. I'm kind of excited to see how well our defense does against an extremely balanced offense,( Mario will get his first sack). The only thing I'm worried about is Denvers defense against our offense, because if they shut down our running game which they see everyday we will have a tough time moving the ball. They didn't get a whole lot of sacks last year but they do get very good pressure and we all know how well DC handles pressure. I think this will be the measuring stick for us. It will be like a regular season game, most likely starters play a full 3 quarters. I wanna see how well Mario does when he gets a little more time to set up some moves.
CMoak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read