Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2006   #1
LetsGroh
noob

Default What do you guys think about that late round pick from UVA?

Wali World
LetsGroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #2
texflex513
All Pro

Wali will make our squad.. he has done very well thus far but he needs to be coached on some things and i think he will do a great job this year in the regular season.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #3
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

The word "steal" comes to mind when Im reminded we got him in the 6th round . . .
Old 08-20-2006   #4
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got to do a better job picking up the blitz. Maybe Al Groh should have worked with him a little more on that. Other than that, he's been tremendous. The Texans have some good depth at running back right now.
Old 08-20-2006   #5
phan1
All Pro

He is what he is. A 6th round RB. No more, no less IMO. He's been impressive but I think it's mostly because of the Oline. I don't see many punishing hits or broken tackles. He's a guy with good vision who's going to take what the Oline will give him. But I don't expect him to move piles or anything.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #6
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

If he cant pick up the blitz by game 4 he could fall to 3rd string. he hits the holes quick no doubt about it, but no pop and no pass blocking will cut his chances. Kubiak does not accept one dimensional players, you do it all or you step aside. Morency is faster, breaks tackles and can block even better than DD (which aint alot). as much promise as lundy shows I cringe for Carr if lundy has to play too many snaps. we need a back that can help out with the extra blitzers or carr will be gun shy all year. we may add another back before too long. Kubiak sees whats going on also I'm sure.
Old 08-20-2006   #7
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

move piles like bush does? oh no i forgot hes a ballerina.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read