Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2004   #1
supertankman
Rookie

Default When will Seth Payne start?

Does anyone know when Seth Payne will start?
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

the only answer I can give you: when the coaches thinks he is ready. He still plays so I dont think starting is that big of a difference...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #3
NoBullTexan
Veteran

The difference, as has been stated, is that Payne occupies two blockers on every play, I did not see more than one blocker on DeLoach the whole game.
Old 09-13-2004   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Payne played in the San Diego game, and he's still a bit slow and out of shape. I don't think he'll be starting until he plays himself back into playing shape. I think that Seth at 80% is better than Deloach at 100%, but I feel that Seth isn't quite 80% yet. When he is then you'll see an improved pass rush, but until then QBs will continue to have all day to throw.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #5
CHARGERSHA!
Rookie

Default Seth Payne ??

Who Is Seth Payne??
CHARGERSHA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's our NT who went down with an ACL injury against the Saints last year. He's the main reason why our defense in 2002 was so good against the run. He didn't get to play except for some of the 4th preseason game, and he played some during the San Diego game, but Deloach started.
Old 09-13-2004   #7
CHARGERSHA!
Rookie

Default Thank You

You Guys Looked Diffrent In D Than Last Year Maybe That Was Why Ok He All Trash Talking Aside I Think You Guys Have A Very Good Solid Core The Reason I Came On Today On Your Board Is Beacuse All Last Week You Guys Where All Over Our's Talking Oooohhh!!!! Boy Where You Guys Talking But I Dont Hate The Texans I Am A Graduate Of Maimi And Johnson Is Solid
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2004   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Usually early in the season is when defenses dominate, but from what I've seen thus far it appears that the defenses might be emphasizing too much on the pass. RBs ran wild yesterday, and I think that both San Diego and Houston's defenses will benefit after getting a few games to gel. The most notable mistakes I saw from San Diego were on the two screen passes to DD. I know it was a full blitz that was exploited both times, but it was a break down in coverage nonetheless. Also, on the pass into the endzone where Andre and Carr miscommunicated that should have been an easy interception to kill a drive. Once they have time to gel they should cut down on mistakes like that. As for Houston. Our biggest problem was an inability to adjust to Gates. The coaches were in a tough spot because they needed to keep Coleman in coverage to help out Robinson in coverage. Brown is not good in coverage, and is more of a run stuffer. I don't recall seeing Gates ever getting double teamed in coverage, but that seems like a good alternative in passing situations. We also need to get better pressure on the QB which will come once Payne is back to his old form. That will in turn help the secondary, and thus force turnovers. Hopefull we'll see improvement next week in Detroit.
Old 09-13-2004   #9
CHARGERSHA!
Rookie

Default The Texans Made No Adjustment

I Have Been Reading Your Guys Post And You Main Argument Has Been Well We Had 4 Turnovers And If It Wasnt For That We Would Have One And I Think What Won Us The Game Was Our Adjustments At Half Time And Your Lack Of Them Oh And That Guy On Our Team Whats His Name Oh Yeah Lt
Old 09-13-2004   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Payne

We don't have a very good history with getting hurt DL back to full recovery. Having Payne back at 100% would be really nice, but I can't say that I'm counting on it. A player that isn't 100% at any time in the preseason or the first game just isn't someone that I intend to count on for that year. I hope that when the Texans look at free agents and such in the future, they are more concerned with health and a little less concerned with the upswing, or what could or should be--of course, I'm referring a lot here to Boselli. He was a DL wasn't he? Shoot, I never saw the guy on the field and that was money that could've been spent on an impact player (that actually plays).
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #11
Mistril48
All Pro

I can't quite recall what Capers said on his radio show about the split, but essentally DeLoach had approx 35 plays and Payne 29. Both will continue to play a lot of downs, along with Walker and Smith. I don't believe who starts is very significant.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #12
supertankman
Rookie

So no one knows who played better? Seth or Deloach
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #13
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm referring a lot here to Boselli. He was a DL wasn't he?
What? Are you kidding me?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read