Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2006   #1
TEXANS MVP
Rookie

Default Rhodes?

Will Rhodes Be The Odd Man Out?????
TEXANS MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point it looks like it. I still want to see more of Antowain Smith and Chris Taylor, but if I had a bet to make on who's going to be the odd man out, I would place my money on Rhodes.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #3
newtexfan
Rookie

Default I think we need

to see more Rhodes,Taylor and Smith before that can be decided.I think Rhodes might be the better kick return player.

It looks like Morency and Lundy have made a case for themself.I don't think Rhodes has been given enough game time yet.But as you know that might have to be earned in practice.
newtexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #4
Woog
waterboy

Two carries late in the 4th against 3rd and 4th string defenses isnt a very good indicator of someones ability. Kubiak said Damien was going to get a good look this game, and as far as I'm concerned, failed to give Damien that opportunity. I hope he gets a chance to carry the ball next week at least 8 times in the first half to prove what he can do.
Woog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #5
HeartofHouston
Veteran

The way Morency was in rythm I dont blame him for not taking Morency out he also said that he wanted to get a good look at him and well.. I think we all got a good look at him..
Old 08-20-2006   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS MVP
Will Rhodes Be The Odd Man Out?????
Possibly, but he did pretty well on his 2 kickoff returns (50 yds total, 25 yds avg). I think if Rhodes, and maybe even Taylor, hopes to make this team, they will have to excel on ST. Right now it's still too early to tell who the odd man out will be IMO. And, I still haven't heard if they will go with 4 or 5 backs!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #7
Grits
Rookie

Rhodes is the most versitile of our rb's. Classic scat/3rd down guy. Would have liked to have seen more last night. Gotta find a way to keep the kid.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read