Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2006   #1
TEXANS MVP
Rookie

Default morency vs lundy

now what do you guys have to say????????????????????????
TEXANS MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Give the slight edge to Morency right now because of his pass blocking.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency was more impressive in his debut for Kubiak than Lundy was I think. Morency was also a better blocker. I would say Morency has a heads up on Lundy based on what I've seen, but I think the next game will tell us the most. The first teamers will play the most on both sides so I'm interested to see who does the best. My bet is on Morency, but Lundy can still take it I think.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see Morency take more reps with the 1st team next week before I get too excited.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #5
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Morency because he's got a year of NFL experience under his belt, but I think they need to be rotated. Thankfully, I really dont care anymore if Davis comes back or not, we're looking great so far.
Old 08-19-2006   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

morency hands down
Old 08-19-2006   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS MVP
After seeing Vernond running with that speed and shaking guys AND pass blocking...............I am glad I am not the GM.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2006   #8
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:

Morency Vs Lundy, that is like a date same night same time with 2 supermodels. I would rather we have this problem, then why our RB can't run or catch a pass like a lot of other NFL teams :bananasplit:
Old 08-19-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, I don't think Lundy is ready to be an NFL starter until he can pick up the blitz. If he could do that as well as Morency, then it's pretty much a toss up between them. That's not a bad thing. At this point, it looks like we may not have much of an issue at RB is DD isn't able to make it for bit.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #10
GoTexans
Rookie

I like Morency way better in obvious pass situations. He can handle the blitz.

Morency and Lundy should get the most carries while D.D. rehabs.
Old 08-19-2006   #11
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Love having two RBs to pick from...and three later in the season when DD is healthy.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #12
Trapped
Veteran

mario, he drew the rams to 2 holding calls. So that was pretty good. that effects the game too along wit his batted block pass, stopping the run, and aiding peek wit a pair of sacks.

i think he played like the 5th best player in the draft. last week he played like a 25th pick. he's making progress he will eventually get there.

ooops wrong thread.
I want to see Morency next week against Denvers first team. then we will have a clearer picture.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency won me over in this game. I liked the physical way he played, i liked his speed, i liked how fast he hit the hole, and of course I liked his pass blocking.

Morency = 15 Carries a game
Lundy = 8-10 Carries a game
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Morency won me over in this game. I liked the physical way he played, i liked his speed, i liked how fast he hit the hole, and of course I liked his pass blocking.

Morency = 15 Carries a game
Lundy = 8-10 Carries a game
yep, looks like DD may have lost his job if morency can be consistent for the next 2 weeks...
Old 08-19-2006   #15
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Give the slight edge to Morency right now because of his pass blocking.

Totally agree with this.

I think he is a better runner, not much, but better.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #16
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Totally agree with this.

I think he is a better runner, not much, but better.

I keep hearing about his pass blocking. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday when NFLnet replays the game.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency seemed to have done well, based on his numbers, but do remember he was playing against the 2nd team defense and got a lot more carries than Lundy. Some backs work better when getting into a rhythm.

I think both could and would do well in this system. Lundy may not be much of a blocker so far, but he has great hands and has shown he can be a between the tackles, carry the load type.

Morency is quicker and can make people miss in the open field.

I love the combination, why feel the need to pick?
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #18
michael123
Rookie

morency is more calm, he will start the season lundy will be helping out i hope both of them get a 100yrd game
Old 08-20-2006   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency definitely has the edge, but him and Lundy make a great 1, 2 punch. I am worried DD will have more pain in his knee, but it is nice to know these other 2 guys are up for the challenge, and I don't think they will hold the team back.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 08-20-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #20
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency looks great out there. He looks like he can break one everytime he runs.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read