Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sage is our man

David Carr is David Carr no matter what offensive system you put him in. Rosenfels looks like a 5 year veteran and Carr still looks like a rookie. Bring all the excuses you want for the face of the franchise, but Sage will be starting by week 6.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #2
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
David Carr is David Carr no matter what offensive system you put him in. Rosenfels looks like a 5 year veteran and Carr still looks like a rookie. Bring all the excuses you want for the face of the franchise, but Sage will be starting by week 6.
ALERT ESPN, Houston Sports Media anyone else you can think of David Carr faces 1st team defense and Sage sees 2nd or 3rd D's, but you have him already to start against 1st team D's rest of season. I wish I was as much of a genius as you are . I think I will wait for rest of lynch mob to arrive with the torches and ropes thanks anyways
Old 08-19-2006   #3
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

10/17 for 99 yards, and their D was making him hurry alot becuase of the o-line and RB not picking up the blitz in the first couple of series. I don't see why you are saying Carr looked like a rookie he didn't do bad.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought David Carr played well. He did seem kind of jitterish but his play improved as the 1st half went on. The first two series' weren't good, but he didn't play poorly by any means. I believe Carr is the man. Kubiak probably thinks so too.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I was going to tell you to stuff it ... but Sage has thrown some beautiful balls this game.

My jury's still out on this one (Sage vs. second team, Carr vs. first team, big difference in playcalling for both Rams D and Texans O in two halves) but Sage is impressing at this point.
Old 08-19-2006   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage has a much better understanding of this offense and looks a lot more comfortable. He will take Carr's job before this season is over.
Old 08-19-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't there just a 20+ page thread on this earlier this week?
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2006   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sage has a much better understanding of this offense and looks a lot more comfortable. He will take Carr's job before this season is over.
I will agree that he looks more comfortable at this point. I wouldn't say he has any better "understanding." Even still, Carr was seeing a ton more pressure in the first half. It's too much apples to oranges at this point.
Old 08-19-2006   #9
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Wasn't there just a 20+ page thread on this earlier this week?
And there will be this week.
Old 08-19-2006   #10
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
And there will be this week.

Hey Mr. Insider Guy ...... it'll be 30+ this week ...
Old 08-19-2006   #11
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
then get ready to lose football games
Old 08-19-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

I think we can safely say that if Sage is the Man, then Kubiak will start him. I think Kubiak has made his position on favortism very clear.
Old 08-19-2006   #13
cbnjwill
Veteran

Default they wont replace carr anytime soon

sage really looks good and carr looks like he normally does inconsistent and eractic, but carr doesnt have to worry for awhile anyway about his job the texans want him to do well. they are gonna give him plenty of opportunity. but so far through two game sage looks to be the better qb. thought peek and morency looked really good.peek is there best pass rusher that guy can make plays had two sacks and batted a pass in the air that williams should have intercepted.
cbnjwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think we can safely say that if Sage is the Man, then Kubiak will start him. I think Kubiak has made his position on favortism very clear.
Agreed. Unlike Capers, Kubiak's number one priority is winning football games.
Old 08-19-2006   #15
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Quote:
Agreed. Unlike Capers, Kubiak's number one priority is winning football games.
It's almost weird watching our games so far. I'm so used to seeing gym class football from the boys in white. My craw of PE teacher could have called better plays than Palmer and Pendry did. All of this winning-style NFL play calling, intelligent personnel decisions ... it's still like something out of a dream. That sounds corny but it's not meant to be; it's true. I watch our games with this irrational fear in the back of my mind, afraid I'll wake up in 2005 and I'll be back to watching Capersball.
Old 08-19-2006   #16
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Starters are starters and 2 and 3 string guys are 2 and 3 string guys, come with all the reasons why Sage would be starting, I guess you just forget about this.

Okay you only have 2 more weeks to convince us.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's almost weird watching our games so far. I'm so used to seeing gym class football from the boys in white. All of this winning-style NFL play calling, intelligent personnel decisions ... it's still like something out of a dream. That sounds corny but it's not meant to be; it's true. I'm afraid I'll wake up in 2005 and I'll be back to watching Capersball.
I won't say that it feels like a dream, but I get where you're coming from. Having an actual NFL offense that moves the ball and isn't predictable is nice.
Old 08-19-2006   #18
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL
10/17 for 99 yards, and their D was making him hurry alot becuase of the o-line and RB not picking up the blitz in the first couple of series. I don't see why you are saying Carr looked like a rookie he didn't do bad.
Because they dont like him and it bugs the (you know) what out of them that they dont all agree.

David played very well PERIOD, some of you CRACK ME UP.
Old 08-19-2006   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Bets NOW, you WILL have a AVATAR of David that I pick and next to it you will say I am sorry!

If the other way goes down I will apologize to you and say that you were right and I was wrong.

DEAL?
Old 08-19-2006   #20
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
It's almost weird watching our games so far. I'm so used to seeing gym class football from the boys in white. My craw of PE teacher could have called better plays than Palmer and Pendry did. All of this winning-style NFL play calling, intelligent personnel decisions ... it's still like something out of a dream. That sounds corny but it's not meant to be; it's true. I watch our games with this irrational fear in the back of my mind, afraid I'll wake up in 2005 and I'll be back to watching Capersball.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I felt my Pop Warner dads I helped coach could have done better than last year. Not once...not a SINGLE DAMNED TIME was I ever confident going into a game with that incompetent coaching staff before a Texans game. Now, I love it. We've got intelligent football guys who know what they are doin.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read