Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2006   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Seen enough

Mario Williams was the wrong pick. Of course I speak for the 10% who wanted D Brick.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #2
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Well then, might as well cut him now and not let him play the season when it actually matters.
Old 08-19-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Heh, so we should pull an Astros trick like we did with Wilson

LOL
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #4
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Give it a rest. He batted that one ball down and got into the back field with a nice play almost immediately afterwards. Looks like he drew quite a bit of attention on a few other plays as well.

Give me an address and I'll have a Saints jersey sent over to you...
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #5
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Mario Williams was the wrong pick. Of course I speak for the 10% who wanted D Brick.
wow, you learned all that from less than one game of play. DE is not a position that rookies usually come in and dominate. Ahhh actually I am going to stop right there. I was going to explain further, but you aren't worth the key strokes. I hear the Saints need some fans. Jump on board their forums.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #6
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Funny, I also wanted D Brick but you sure don't speak for me.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

the sky is falling the sky is falling! chill, second game of the preseason, bruce smith and reggie white started out slow too
Old 08-19-2006   #8
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

I dont think he's starting out slow. They are lining him up next to Peek and Peek's already had two sacks. Coincidence? I think not. Mario makes the players around him better, knowledgeable football fans understand this.
Old 08-19-2006   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
I dont think he's starting out slow. They are lining him up next to Peek and Peek's already had two sacks. Coincidence? I think not. Mario makes the players around him better, knowledgeable football fans understand this.
ok maybe not starting out slow, but it seems some were expecting him to come out and get 10 sacks a game or something
Old 08-19-2006   #10
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
ok maybe not starting out slow, but it seems some were expecting him to come out and get 10 sacks a game or something
i knew what you meant
Old 08-19-2006   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
i knew what you meant
i know
Old 08-19-2006   #12
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Unfortunately am in the land of Blue Star LOSERS, so am not watching game but am listening online and following on NFL.com. I hardly think that fact our D has registered 7 sacks in 7 quarters and our offensive line in 7 quarters has allowed ONLY 1 is a tremendous situation.

Onto this young man's Regie Reggie Rant, Mario Williams is reason we have those 7 sacks. Did he make them...NO, but like has been so ably explained he makes the defense better. When offensive coordinators and O-Line coaches focus on him it frees rest of defense

Q Which would you rather have 10 sacks by Mario to shut up talking heads at sports media and other various and sundry idiots OR would you rather have a defense that has forced several fumbles sacked QB 7 times and held opponents through 7 quarters to 17 points. DOH
Old 08-19-2006   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
Onto this young man's Regie Reggie Rant, Mario Williams is reason we have those 7 sacks. Did he make them...NO, but like has been so ably explained he makes the defense better. When offensive coordinators and O-Line coaches focus on him it frees rest of defense
I hope you meant to say Mario Williams is a reason instead of the reason for those sacks. He's a reason for them, but he's not soley responsible for the good D-line play.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #14
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I hope you meant to say Mario Williams is a reason instead of the reason for those sacks. He's a reason for them, but he's not soley responsible for the good D-line play.
OUCH next thing Miss Manners will critique way I am sitting
Old 08-19-2006   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
OUCH next thing Miss Manners will critique way I am sitting
Well in your original post you put "Williams is reason" so I don't know if you meant that he's the reason or a reason. Sorry, I didn't mean for it come out so harsh.
Old 08-19-2006   #16
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

most NFL experts say you need 3-4 years to truely evaluate how good a teams draft was.

but hey...for some people 2-3 quarters of preseason football is enough.

yeehaw!!!
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #17
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Does it reall matter what he did? We won both of our games and to me that is ALL that matters.
Old 08-19-2006   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedawg
Does it reall matter what he did? We won both of our games and to me that is ALL that matters.
I think it does. Winning is nice, but the preseason isn't just about winning like the regular season. In the preseason, you like to see players improve. So yes I believe it does matter.
Old 08-19-2006   #19
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Williams did good this game. We helped our line, batted down a pass, and tackled a running back for a loss.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #20
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
"Marty!"

"Doc! What's wrong!"

"We have to go back to April 29th, 2006!"

"But why, Doc?"

"The Texans are about to pick Mario Williams! We must change that!"

"Doc, they're doing just fine........wait.........so you're telling me you made a time machine......out of a DeLorean?"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read