Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2006   #1
AtheGreat
Veteran

Default What will it take?

Just wondering what it would take against St. Louis for yall to say Mario had a good game. Bunch of sacks. Containing the play. Pressuring the QB. what would constitue a good game to yall?
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Him developing as a player.
Old 08-19-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything he does that helps the defensive unit as a whole, whether it be sacks, pressuring the QB, taking on double teams to free up other guys, or whatever else he can do.
Old 08-19-2006   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Just show improvement. It might not necessarily mean sacks but just improvement on his game. I think he was nervous in his first game and I think he will show better today. It will take a bit of time but I think once he "gets it" like he did in school, he'll be fun to watch.
Old 08-19-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well for others he will need the trifectat. The sack, the fumble recovery, and the TD all in one play.

However, they won't have enough time or room to show it on ESPN because T.O. took a dump during practice and because Reggie had a real cool twenty yard run and no TD.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #6
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

It would always be nice to see him get sacks, but what I want is him to pressure the QB. Doing that consistantly adds up to a lot more then one sack ever could. That said I hope that all the Mario talk dies down a bit in the regular season. We could go 12-4 and everyone wouldn't know it because ESPN almost completely ignores everthing else that happens in the game aside from what Mario does. Er rather what he isn't doing.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #7
AtheGreat
Veteran

I personally think that he will calm down alot and that after being able to look over some flim, he'll look alot better. No overrun plays and more tackles.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheGreat
what would constitue a good game to yall?
A Texan win.

Y'all is a contraction of You all. Sorry, I have become obsessed with pointing this out to people as of late.
Old 08-19-2006   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont need to see impressive stats necessarily.. but id like to see him giving the olineman in front of him a rough time.

basicly, he doesnt HAVE to collapse the pocket or get the sack..but if it looks like that Olineman is about to have a heartattack from the workout he is getting, ill be happy.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #10
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Experience.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #11
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Well for others he will need the trifectat. The sack, the fumble recovery, and the TD all in one play.

However, they won't have enough time or room to show it on ESPN because T.O. took a dump during practice and because Reggie had a real cool twenty yard run and no TD.

Funny, but sadly it's probably true!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
A Texan win.

Y'all is a contraction of You all. Sorry, I have become obsessed with pointing this out to people as of late.
Y'all is second person plural which exists in many languages (like Spanish as Ustedes) but for some reason isn't considered good English or something. But southerners created "y'all" and people from the North East created "you'se guys" to fill the void of a missing pronoun for the second person plural. (I prefer the southern version but I admit I'm biased.)

It should never be applied to a single person only to a group of people. And if there are several groups, then the plural is "all y'all.".

OK.

I made that last one up... kinda.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck
Y'all is second person plural which exists in many languages (like Spanish as Ustedes) but for some reason isn't considered good English or something. But southerners created "y'all" and people from the North East created "you'se guys" to fill the void of a missing pronoun for the second person plural. (I prefer the southern version but I admit I'm biased.)

It should never be applied to a single person only to a group of people. And if there are several groups, then the plural is "all y'all.".

OK.

I made that last one up... kinda.
What about Y'ens in Western PA?
Old 08-19-2006   #14
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

one sack would be a good start!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just play football, get a Sack!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams is a rookie at a very demanding position .... Because he was chosen #1 overall many people expect un-realistic things from the guy . Especially sports writers and columnists . The have to have something to write about and there is nothing that gets the publics attention more than a controversy . In general that is where the un-realistic expectations come from . Not from people here on the Texans board who have some insight into the game of football and or the demands of his position , not to mention what he can bring to the team other than eye popping stats .

Without controversy those writers dont have much of a story .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
What about Y'ens in Western PA?
Ahhh... let me add that one to the list... is it "y'ens", "you'ens", or "you'uns"?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #18
Jwwillis
All Pro

I'll judge the TEAM by win and losses. I'll judge the RB/MW pick with this and future seasons win loss column for the Saints and Texans. Looking at only 1 out of 22 is crazy. Barry Sanders/Earl Campbell never won a SB
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read