Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2006   #1
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default dirty dozen

Article mentioned 12 texans on orginal roster still with the team. I came up with 13. Please correct the error of my ways oh wise mb.

Orginal draft class
QB Carr
OL Pitts
OL Weary
SS RWalker
CB Faggins

Vets
P Stanely
K CBrown
OL McKinney
LB Wong
DL Payne

?
WR Armstrong
DB JSimmons
LB TEvans
Old 08-19-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Derick Armstrong was drafted in 2003. He's the guy who's not part of the original Texans.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #3
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

Heres the link
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News

Thanks but that killed that thread kinda early, ha ha. Did you honestly know that off the top of your head or did you look that up?
Old 08-19-2006   #4
cj5776
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Derick Armstrong was drafted in 2003. He's the guy who's not part of the original Texans.
Now that I've cheated and looked it up, Armstrong was signed in Jan. of 2003 but not drafted. He played in Canada for 2 years first.

It's crazy the number of cuts, Armstrong, Evans and Simmons have survived. Even though they have been cut here and there. These are the three I am rooting for the most to make it.
Old 08-19-2006   #5
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

they were cut for a reason, they are special teams only caliber players, not that we arent lucky to have them, they just arent permanent roster material. they get cut, then signed to PS, then cut again. I guess we just cant find young players that are willing to put forth the effort on special teams. kinda wierd.
Old 08-19-2006   #6
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776
Article mentioned 12 texans on orginal roster still with the team. I came up with 13. Please correct the error of my ways oh wise mb.

Orginal draft class
QB Carr
OL Pitts
OL Weary
SS RWalker
CB Faggins

Vets
P Stanely
K CBrown
OL McKinney
LB Wong
DL Payne

?
WR Armstrong
DB JSimmons
LB TEvans
It amazes me that we have three O linemen from our first season.
Old 08-19-2006   #7
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Can anyone name ONLY Texans player to play every single snap since 2002??
Old 08-19-2006   #8
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
Can anyone name ONLY Texans player to play every single snap since 2002??
Pitts
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
Pitts
Who untill Spencer passes him, is the best offensive lineman on the team.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776
Heres the link
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News

Thanks but that killed that thread kinda early, ha ha. Did you honestly know that off the top of your head or did you look that up?
I looked it up. I looked at the list though and I couldn't remember if Derick Armstrong was with us that first year. He's the guy that came to mind, but I checked his bio on NFL.com just to make sure.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read