Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2006   #1
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Preseason Game 2 Thread: Texans @ Rams

Sat., Aug. 19
7 p.m

www.HoustonTexans.com

Gamecenter

http://www.stlouisrams.com/

Old 08-19-2006   #2
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 28
Rams 14

I think Carr will look good with the zone blocking OL. AJ and Moulds will have a good half and the defense will look stout. Mario will have a sack or two and I think PBuch will have a good game.

About the PBuch statement, I had a few...

And the game for Texans fans outside of Houston:

Monday, August 21st at 8pm ET (during the season premiere of PRISON BREAK)

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #3
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Can anyone tell me if Daniels is starting at TE this game? He had such a good showing last week I would like to see what he can do in a starting role.

Also, I would like to see what we can do against this team. After seeing how the Giants ripped the Cheifs apart its hard to know if we played good or they were just that bad.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #4
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I wish I knew more as well. Kubiak was pretty vague about what he was planning to do this with this game when he was 610 for the "Gary Kubiak Show". We'll know tonight for sure.
Old 08-19-2006   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Mann.... I have to work tonight... I think i'll take my dinner break at seven.
Old 08-19-2006   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick
I wish I knew more as well. Kubiak was pretty vague about what he was planning to do this with this game when he was 610 for the "Gary Kubiak Show". We'll know tonight for sure.
Don't you just love coach speak ? Wouldn't surprise me with his prefromance last week, if Owen Daniels just sniffs the feild this week. They've got some hard cuts
in two weeks. Everyone on the bubble will get PT this game. Bet we see O.D. plenty next week though. TE is a QBs best friend.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

along with taking my dinner break at seven, i'm taping the game.
Old 08-19-2006   #8
staind755
Rookie

I'll be waiting tables during the game... BUT I will DVR it and watch it when I get home without commercials. Texans 21 Rams 17
staind755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Texans - 24
Rams - 21

+- 3 for each.
Old 08-19-2006   #10
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

i've got my son's b-day party at 6:30 at Rainforest GALVESTON... So It's DVR time. I'm hoping I don't hear anything while afar, I like to see it in the making not just hear about it..

half time - Texans 17 Rams 7
final - Texans 31 Rams 13
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #11
Doug
All Pro

I think Morency and Lundy are going to have big nights tonight. Just a feeling.

Texans 27
Rams 14
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #12
Reggie_2006
Rookie

texans- 20
Rams-17
Reggie_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #13
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I think Morency and Lundy are going to have big nights tonight. Just a feeling.

Texans 27
Rams 14
I agree i think morency is gonna tear it up big time tonight.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency and Terrell Davis are built alike...hmmm

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #15
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Morency and Terrell Davis are built alike...hmmm
really? i'm not gonna look up their measurables, but I always remembered TD being pretty well built, Morency seems small to me.

Maybe my memory of TD is just bad
Old 08-19-2006   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Davis - Ht., Wt.: 5'11", 210

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/3183/

Morency - 5'9" 212 so he is a bit thicker than Davis was, but pretty close to the same type of back when it comes to size and stature.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/417237

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #17
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Wow I guess TD just looked bigger.
Old 08-19-2006   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the guys who are still on the team from last year remember what the Rams did to us last season...
Old 08-19-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I hope the guys who are still on the team from last year remember what the Rams did to us last season...
I just threw up in my mouth. That was just an awful spectacle that day.
Old 08-19-2006   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I just threw up in my mouth. That was just an awful spectacle that day.
LOL. I remember it like it was yesterday. Texans' had the game well in hand so I went outside to help my dad finish building his shed, so I turned the game on the radio outside. I literally could not believe what I was hearing on the radio, I almost went back in to watch but just could not stomach it. Instead I stayed outside and threw some tools around and cursed like a sailor for awhile...If anything I think guys like AJ will remember what they did to us last season and hopefully pay them back tonight...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read