Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,402
Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Carr continuation part deux million...

I'm assuming the original thread was closed because some of the branches it spawned was getting out of hand.... I feel the discussion I was having with a couple of participants.... gpshafer, & Texan279 & even infantrycak was still civil, and unresolved.... & I believe they have mistaken what I was saying, & I'd like to clarify.....

Quote:
originally posted by thunderkyssAll I'm saying, is that just because Sage has been a backup for six years, doesn't mean that he will only be a backup for the next six years. Surely you can agree with that.
Quote:
originally posted by: gpshafer 1967

Oh, I see......

Well, then give David two more years until he reaches the six-year mark. If Sage has had six years to crack the starter position, and hasn't been able to, then give David two more years to show that he shouldn't be a starter.

This is what I talk about when I say people have it in for David for much more than just the "He isn't a good quarterback" theory.

You are blatantly saying that Sage has the potential to NOT be a backup for the next six years? Then why doesn't David have the potential to flourish as the starter that he was drafted to be? Technically, David has two more years according to your comments in that last post. Otherwise, what's the difference?

(This is where we get the "David was a number 1 overall...and he has had a long time to prove he's a starter...and Sage was on bad teams..." and a whole host of other half-truths that prop up the Sage constituents).

- Still ridiculous after all these posts
You got me twisted..... I've never said that David has had enough time, or that David can't be a starter in the NFL. as a matter of fact, my first post in that thread:

Quote:
I only watched bits and pieces on NFL Networks No Huddle, so I won't be calling for Carr's numbers. But I will say what I did see, I can understand where swt is coming from. I did see David lock onto one guy on one play. But overall, I am happy with his play...... his composure wasn't that bad, I don't think, but swt isn't the only one who saw some nervousness....... even some Carr supporters commented on it....

But, the whole point of starting Carr in the Preseason, is to work him in game situations with our starters, against their starters..... If Sage doesn't win the job in practice, then he's just going to have to wait his turn......
So...... I'm not saying that Sage should replace Carr in our next preseason game, and I'm not saying that Sage should start over Carr in the regular season.
__________________
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,402
Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default

Now infantrycak...... just because I bring up the Oakland controversies, and I say there are similarities, that doesn't mean I believe the situations are identical. But I think they are similar enough to be able to compare the two. Just because you don't think so, is no reason to insult my intelligence.

Brooks played poorly..... Andrew played better....... same situation as Carr & Sage....... but I don't believe Andrew should replace Brooks as the teams starter, for the same reason I don't believe Sage ought to replace Carr. It's the preseason.

I ask you...... and anyone else who wants to participate..... do you think Andrew should start over Brooks?? & if you do, why is that situation so different from ours.
__________________
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame
 
texan279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rosenberg TX
Age: 35
Posts: 5,620
Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Now infantrycak...... just because I bring up the Oakland controversies, and I say there are similarities, that doesn't mean I believe the situations are identical. But I think they are similar enough to be able to compare the two. Just because you don't think so, is no reason to insult my intelligence.

Brooks played poorly..... Andrew played better....... same situation as Carr & Sage....... but I don't believe Andrew should replace Brooks as the teams starter, for the same reason I don't believe Sage ought to replace Carr. It's the preseason.

I ask you...... and anyone else who wants to participate..... do you think Andrew should start over Brooks?? & if you do, why is that situation so different from ours.
I'll chime in on this. I don't think Carr's situation is the same as Brooks' situation. Brooks played poorly, Carr did not. Carr and Sage both had good games last Saturday, I do not think Sage outplayed Carr.
__________________
Fire It Up, Let the engines roll, It's time to burn it down
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #4
Lucky
Moderator
 
Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,198
Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
So...... I'm not saying that Sage should replace Carr in our next preseason game, and I'm not saying that Sage should start over Carr in the regular season.
What are you saying? And why does it deserve another thread?
__________________
“We’re looking for a coach that...works with great energy and enthusiasm and very positive in his approach.” - Bob McNair
Lucky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,402
Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I'll chime in on this. I don't think Carr's situation is the same as Brooks' situation. Brooks played poorly, Carr did not. Carr and Sage both had good games last Saturday, I do not think Sage outplayed Carr.
noted.....
__________________
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #6
Hulk75
Hall of Fame
 
Hulk75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Santa Cruz,California
Age: 34
Posts: 1,380
Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Carr is the same as Brooks, but Brooks is better.........Okay! Can we close this non sense now too.

A lot of you need to stop cause Carr is going to go off this year. So get in all the Brooks is better then Carr stuff and the he cant do this, cant do that, cause your going to be proven wrong.

You only have a couple more weeks to tell us how bad he is, so get it all in while you can.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 47
Posts: 46,304
Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Now infantrycak...... just because I bring up the Oakland controversies, and I say there are similarities, that doesn't mean I believe the situations are identical. But I think they are similar enough to be able to compare the two. Just because you don't think so, is no reason to insult my intelligence.
What the heck do you think was insulting this time?

Quote:
Brooks played poorly..... Andrew played better....... same situation as Carr & Sage.......
What same situation? Brooks sucked a donkey appendage. Walters just pet the donkey in a fond fashion. They both had QB ratings under 51. Folks can say Sage outperformed Carr if they want. IMO 5 passing plays is ridiculous to draw that conclusion on especially when Carr's QB rating was actually above Sage's. Sage had a whopping 4.3 ypa--Carr's was better but not by much. They both played OK.

Quote:
I ask you...... and anyone else who wants to participate..... do you think Andrew should start over Brooks?? & if you do, why is that situation so different from ours.
IMO Oakland was stupid for not taking Cutler or Leinart. Brooks does nothing for me--spare me your stat comparison. Haven't seen enough of Walters to conclude he is the man--maybe so, but a 50.1 QB outing isn't going to get me to annoint him king anymore than a 66.4 will for Sage.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2006   #8
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Man, you just keep opening the door right into your nose, Thunderkyss.

You say I got you "wrong" then you actually, with your own typing, play the "Brooks was like Carr and Sage was like Andrew" card.

Carr played so much better than what he's getting credit for. As far as the "locking onto a guy" argument...how do you see his EYES, Thunderkyss? His head might be in one direction, but is it possible for a QB to look out of the corner of his eyes? Well, it's not possible for Sage to do so if we view his TD run when Walter was streaking wide open across the middle and could have been thrown the ball with NO PRESSURE on Sage when he was wide open. Carr runs that into the end zone in the same situation, and he gets peppered with "Why didn't he see Walter?" comments. Bank on it.

And if I recall, I don't think this board allows posters to start threads "calling out" other posters, putting posters' screen name(s) in the thread title--Reminded me of the old days when the message board was like the old west, where it was anarchy around here...thanks for the flashback. Can't say I can locate it in the rules, but always thought it was at least a courtesy thing. Not that I shy away from the debate. Cuz here I am. But you can private message me about this if you want. I'm cool with the debate.

I think the reason the thread was closed was because it had looped over and over like a bad disco song at the roller skating rink....

...kinda' like it is right now.
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame
 
texan279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rosenberg TX
Age: 35
Posts: 5,620
Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Man, you just keep opening the door right into your nose, Thunderkyss.

You say I got you "wrong" then you actually, with your own typing, play the "Brooks was like Carr and Sage was like Andrew" card.

Carr played so much better than what he's getting credit for. As far as the "locking onto a guy" argument...how do you see his EYES, Thunderkyss? His head might be in one direction, but is it possible for a QB to look out of the corner of his eyes? Well, it's not possible for Sage to do so if we view his TD run when Walter was streaking wide open across the middle and could have been thrown the ball with NO PRESSURE on Sage when he was wide open. Carr runs that into the end zone in the same situation, and he gets peppered with "Why didn't he see Walter?" comments. Bank on it.

And if I recall, I don't think this board allows posters to start threads "calling out" other posters, putting posters' screen name(s) in the thread title--Reminded me of the old days when the message board was like the old west, where it was anarchy around here...thanks for the flashback. Can't say I can locate it in the rules, but always thought it was at least a courtesy thing. Not that I shy away from the debate. Cuz here I am. But you can private message me about this if you want. I'm cool with the debate.

I think the reason the thread was closed was because it had looped over and over like a bad disco song at the roller skating rink....

...kinda' like it is right now.
I was gonna say something about that but I do not know the exact rules, I figured the title should have been changed or he sould have sent it to you via PM instead of trying to call you out in front of the whole board.
__________________
Fire It Up, Let the engines roll, It's time to burn it down
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,514
Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Can I start a thread, calling out myself, and have an argument with me?


PS-I really tick myself off.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 47
Posts: 46,304
Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Title fixed.

Everyone try to keep the punches above the belt, even if they are the same old tired ineffectual punches which have been thrown before.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #12
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran
 
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: HOUSTON
Age: 45
Posts: 382
Rep Power: 10 MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is ridin' the pine
Default

Sage did not start out on a Inaugural Team like David did in his career, if that does not deserve some credit, than what does, Sage has had only 2 starts since the skins, & dolphins, so people let's give David his full chance already that he deserves, this is his team not Sage's get over it already, David is the one who has been running for his life with this team, while Sage has been running from team to team.....David deserves this year, under this new coach and this system, to prove himself to you fans, that do not believe in him....PLEASE BE TRUE TEXANS FANS THAT MOST OF YOU ARE AND GIVE HIM THE SUPPORT HE NEEDS......TO BE A WINNER
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #13
cbnjwill
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 122
Rep Power: 0 cbnjwill is ridin' the pine
Default a little sage on my carr

carr played decent in game one nothing too special he could have been picked twice but he made sum good decisions to take off and run a couple of times and made sum plays with his feet. sage looked pretty decent in the back up role. carr without a doubt is the starter but unlike yrs past when capers staff treated carr like a baby and would never pull him from a game so not to hurt his feeling, i think kubiak will definately take carr out if he doesnt perform well. david carr hasnt earned the right to go out there every series if he is not getting the job done. hopefully we wont have to see alot of sage this yr but if necessary i know kubiak will pull the hook
cbnjwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,402
Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Carr is the same as Brooks, but Brooks is better.........Okay! Can we close this non sense now too.

A lot of you need to stop cause Carr is going to go off this year. So get in all the Brooks is better then Carr stuff and the he cant do this, cant do that, cause your going to be proven wrong.

You only have a couple more weeks to tell us how bad he is, so get it all in while you can.
This is part of the reason I thought this discussion should be carried on. I'm on the same side of the argument as all of you..... Carr should start...Sage shouldn't move up the depth chart. But I criticize Carr, and all of a sudden I'm bashing him?? My history on David Carr threads withstanding, I'm not the only one who thinks he looked shakey at best. For whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
What the heck do you think was insulting this time?

Quote:
Seems pretty silly IMO for folks to be acting like Carr looked like Aaron Brooks and Sage looked like Jay Cutler. They both played reasonably well with their units against the competition they faced.
R you saying you're not calling me silly?? are you saying that was not a shot at me??


Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak


What same situation? Brooks sucked a donkey appendage. Walters just pet the donkey in a fond fashion. They both had QB ratings under 51. Folks can say Sage outperformed Carr if they want. IMO 5 passing plays is ridiculous to draw that conclusion on especially when Carr's QB rating was actually above Sage's. Sage had a whopping 4.3 ypa--Carr's was better but not by much. They both played OK.
how many passes did Brooks throw?? yet it appears you've drawn a conclusion about that similar situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak

IMO Oakland was stupid for not taking Cutler or Leinart. Brooks does nothing for me--spare me your stat comparison. Haven't seen enough of Walters to conclude he is the man--maybe so, but a 50.1 QB outing isn't going to get me to annoint him king anymore than a 66.4 will for Sage.
Yeah, Stats only matter when David's are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Man, you just keep opening the door right into your nose, Thunderkyss.

You say I got you "wrong" then you actually, with your own typing, play the "Brooks was like Carr and Sage was like Andrew" card.
No, I wouldn't say you're wrong about that........ wait a minute, I didn't say you were wrong about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Carr played so much better than what he's getting credit for. As far as the "locking onto a guy" argument...how do you see his EYES, Thunderkyss? His head might be in one direction, but is it possible for a QB to look out of the corner of his eyes?
You're right, I don't know what those guys are talking about....... looking off the safety..... nonsense.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Well, it's not possible for Sage to do so if we view his TD run when Walter was streaking wide open across the middle and could have been thrown the ball with NO PRESSURE on Sage when he was wide open. Carr runs that into the end zone in the same situation, and he gets peppered with "Why didn't he see Walter?" comments. Bank on it.
Hey, David's got his critics...... always will. But let me ask you this. If a 4 year Veteran starter, and a 5 year backup are playing at the same level, do you not believe that Starter will recieve some criticism??

And I'm not saying that..... you are. If David makes X mistake he gets criticized...... but if Sage makes X mistake no one says a word.
__________________
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American
 
TEXANRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 7,315
Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Yeah, he's got some problems. He's shellshocked....... but the kids tough, there ain't no denying it. I think he has what it takes to overcome his bad habits. With our new coach...... Gary Kubiak(success out the bum with Denver)... Sherman(Yeah, I think he knows how to win), and an offense committed to run the football.......

with our running game beating out chunks of yards, David's going to kill the AFC South, with play action passing, his big arm, and three speedy widerecievers...... two of which are probowlers by the way.

He's been working with our new coach for 3 months now, he's going to have the playbook under his belt by the time the season starts. After a good training camp, and a successfull season, he'll have his mistakes way down... then he can step up front as the leader we thought we drafted back in 2002.

He doesn't make constant mistakes...... he doesn't demand to sit when he's obviously getting his but beat...... when we don't have a chance to win...... no, he's running for first downs, head first trying to get his team back in the game.

I know I gave my boy a hard time the last few months.... & I'm sorry. I had to take extreme measures, to make sure this team didn't draft Reggie Bush....... nothing against Reggie.... but we needed to clean our stadium of that vile crew that cheered our Houston Texans to lose........ the "Bush Bowl" fans.

Now that the Texans are doing the smart thing, and drafting Mario Williams with the #1 overall, I'm done with that.

You mess with David, and your messing with me. He's my boy, and I got his back.
I felt this had to be posted in two threads. Being so well written and all.

I was so proud of you that day Tkyss. Now all I do is weap.
__________________
I am in an abusive relationship with life and I am to cowardly to leave it. - Homer Simpson.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,402
Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
I felt this had to be posted in two threads. Being so well written and all.

I was so proud of you that day Tkyss. Now all I do is weap.
I officially withdraw from this debate.....

You are absolutely right....... and I may have taken things a little too personal.
__________________
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #17
Hulk75
Hall of Fame
 
Hulk75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Santa Cruz,California
Age: 34
Posts: 1,380
Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
This is part of the reason I thought this discussion should be carried on. I'm on the same side of the argument as all of you..... Carr should start...Sage shouldn't move up the depth chart. But I criticize Carr, and all of a sudden I'm bashing him?? My history on David Carr threads withstanding, I'm not the only one who thinks he looked shakey at best. For whatever reason.
Well bring him here and we can teach him football too.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #18
chuckm
Hall of Fame
 
chuckm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Spring
Age: 53
Posts: 1,896
Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I officially withdraw from this debate.....

You are absolutely right....... and I may have taken things a little too personal.


Great ..... a perfectly good argument shot to h$ll ......
__________________
Sabbatical: an extended period away from our daily routine to refresh our minds and spirits
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame
 
texan279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rosenberg TX
Age: 35
Posts: 5,620
Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
Great ..... a perfectly good argument shot to h$ll ......
I have read through the original post several times and can honestly tell you I have no idea what the argument/discussion is about...
__________________
Fire It Up, Let the engines roll, It's time to burn it down
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!
 
HOU-TEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: P-land
Age: 43
Posts: 15,474
Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I officially withdraw from this debate.....

You are absolutely right....... and I may have taken things a little too personal.
Didn't Walter throw like 2 interceptions? Brookes couldn't hit the ground with the ball if he was standing on a roof. Let's see...compare 2 picks with incompletions...hmmm... they both suck!

"Walters just pet the donkey in a fond fashion". That's forkin hilarious!
__________________
Kubiak: "They’re battling their tail off." Translation: They suck.
HOU-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger